Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Rosters, Photos, and Quick-Starts

Old 10-08-2021, 04:19 PM   #1
hfield007
All Star Starter

GOATs Quickstart (updated for 23)

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...rG?usp=sharing

Hi there.

I have been working on this file since April 2021.
Essentially what I wanted was a OOTP game with all the players i know and love and then some in their primes that I could build all-star teams with to play each other for fun random games to manage. I also wanted the players to be wearing the uniform of the team i know them from. So that's what this is.

THE SKINNY
3,421 Players From Baseball History
All players attributes are based on a 5-7 year period in their prime
All players are on their most known team (debatable) with an era specific uniform
All players statistics are adjusted and normalized based on a run environment for the combined totals of the 1950-2019 seasons.
Players from the 2021 season were just updated to represent those whose prime included the 2021 season. I will update again after the 2022 season concludes.

THE SETUP
The game is setup with a few hundred teams representing an MLB team and a decade to get era specific uniforms.
In the game the regular few hundred teams are in the MLB with a set season date of November 1.
There are a string of 10 tournaments with rosters needing manually set 3 days before. The game is simmed to the day of the rosters needing chosen.
The tournament is a 9 game series, it is designed so you can run a 9 game series between two sets of all-star teams using players in their primes.
The reason it is done this way is this is the only way i could figure out how to keep facegen players in their era specific jerseys when playing out a game.
NOTE: it is not setup from the start to actually play a full length season, only a string of 9 game series in tournaments.

YOU CAN delete all the teams, make everyone a free agent and just make your own mega season with these players. But it does not come ready that way.

PLAYER SPECIFICS
MLB - 3000+
Serie de Nacional Beisbol - 22
Negro Leagues - 80+
[league redacted] - 58
Pacific Coast League - 1
Others - 8
**There are some fun additions here.
-*** includes 50+ of the greatest *** players of all-time normalized for play with your MLB legends.
-CNS has 20+ of Cuba's greatest players that never hit the majors.
-Negro Leagues includes 80+ of the legends that never got a shake at the majors.
-PCL has Buzz Arlett who could've been an MLB star had he stayed in the east.
-Others has what ifs and fun additions like Kurt Russell, Michael Jordan, Randy Poffo, George Bush and Russell Wilson.
-Adley Rutschman and Wander Franco are also represented based on potential.

What if Elway stuck with baseball?
https://imgur.com/a/dGroN85

I have it setup to run 23 player (4 SP, 5 RP, 14 B) rosters in the tournament. Change as you see fit. The rules more mirror a meld of modern and classic baseball. (some shifting and relief pitching, but more stamina for pitchers and stealing)
**One way to play (how i play) is to give each team 150 points. The points are based on the 20-80 overall the player has. Each point over 45 goes toward your 240 available points. It's fun to lower and raise the point threshold to change what kind of rosters you build.

https://imgur.com/a/FoUrNZi

FINAL NOTES
-Stats were done with my own normalizing technique (cross-era normalizing and normalizing ***/negro/cuban leagues). It's something I am happy with not everyone will agree and thats ok.
-Most attributes were based off of a formula but some things were tinkered with based on reputation. outfield arms i believe are more accurate than the base game which only uses assists i think. Certain guys like dave parker get undervalued.

What is Different for 23?
I have adjusted all bunting ratings, all hold ratings, most stealing ratings and a bunch of negro league defensive ratings along with a chunk of other players who i feel i either under or over valued initially along with updating many facegens.

If you have any suggestions feel free. I am open to changing things (mostly non batting ratings, additional players, maybe team considerations). It was a lot of work, i don't know everything about baseball and it can be prone to error. This was meant to be something for me to enjoy and I am sharing just in case anyone else might want something similar.

Thank you
Attached Images
Image Image Image 

Last edited by hfield007; 09-06-2022 at 03:57 PM.
hfield007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 05:25 PM   #2
LansdowneSt
Hall Of Famer

Looks fantastic. I did a one-season GOAT Quickstart by franchise over the pandemic period myself, in fact, that's what got me back doing facegens. Been too distracted doing ever more facegens to publish it though... but one of these days I will. Love the different take on how you chose to set it up.
LansdowneSt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 05:39 PM   #3
hfield007
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LansdowneSt View Post
Looks fantastic. I did a one-season GOAT Quickstart by franchise over the pandemic period myself, in fact, that's what got me back doing facegens. Been too distracted doing ever more facegens to publish it though... but one of these days I will. Love the different take on how you chose to set it up.
i must say people like you, nopepper, silvam, and many others make something like this even worth doing. without all the contributions you guys make to the community this game wouldn't be quite as great as it is.

Loving your facegens and continually updating the ones you fix up.
Old 10-12-2021, 08:18 PM   #4
hfield007
All Star Starter

I think I fixed the folder in google being open to everyone now. I thought I had the settings right but kept getting requests for the file. If anyone needs it and has issue just let me know.
Old 02-28-2022, 10:46 PM   #5
hfield007
All Star Starter

UPDATE!!!

I have added 700 more players bringing the total to 3200+ players.

This was done so every team can make a 25 player team with 9 pitchers and 16 batters (2 catchers at least) for each era of the team.
The eras are Golden Age (40s/50s), Expansion (60s/70s), Steroid (80s/90s) and Sabrmetric (00s/10s).

I also added in 130+ 3D ballparks with proper dimensions and settings.

Lastly, I updated maybe 100 or so facegens based on the great work by lansdownest, aesp and fancyskunk.

The first post is updated along with a new download link to the drive (any issues just let me know here).

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...wd?usp=sharing
Old 09-02-2022, 04:32 AM   #6
sprague
All Star Starter

HF
I just downloaded this, and it is fantastic. I long use MLB historical players in my fictional sims, and your ratings of negro,japanese and other players is a terrific addition and at times much better than my ratings.
This is a monumental effort.

One question for you. These facegens are much better than the ones I have, which source did you use to get them? If you put it together on your own, is there any way you could share the fg file you used. they too look great

Cheers
sprague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2022, 07:54 AM   #7
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Just downloaded this for 22. Will convert it to 23 on Sunday. I will probably create a 96 team pro/rel league out of it. I have to do the math of it some more but 3000 players across 96 teams is 31.
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2022, 08:14 PM   #8
millhousebc
Minors (Double A)

Couldn't you just merge his FG file with the one you use, and it should overwrite your FG files, I believe.
millhousebc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2022, 10:34 AM   #9
sprague
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by millhousebc View Post
Couldn't you just merge his FG file with the one you use, and it should overwrite your FG files, I believe.

Saved games or quickstarts don't have facegen files, just "picture" files in the facegen area labelled "player 198." The actual facegen file where the images originate is in the main OOTP folder of the entire game not a saved game that you are using.
Hence only the facegen photos of the players exist there
Old 09-06-2022, 12:10 AM   #10
hfield007
All Star Starter

I need to update this post actually. Hopefully this week sometime.

I've changed a lot on this quickstart since OOTP 23 released and have a much more updated one that better handles OOTP 23's game engine change. In this one steals are really difficult when playing games out compared to real life. A combination of the change from 22 and under rating the overall steal ratings for a good chunk of players.

I have also updated a chunk of negro league defensive ratings, all pitcher holding ratings, all batters bunting ratings to be more in line with abilities, and added in a chunk more players along with other updates to ratings i thought i under or over valued in the initial release of this.

The facegens are a combination of the all time facegen pack and then a lot of the work being done by lansdowne replacing off looking facegens (he does the best work around).

EDIT: Uploading an updated version of this for OOTP 23. Should be another hour before its uploaded and ready

Last edited by hfield007; 09-06-2022 at 12:17 AM.
Old 09-06-2022, 01:38 AM   #11
hfield007
All Star Starter

First post is updated with an updated link for OOTP 23.

Still working on this lately so it will be updated again at the end of the year with several fixes and updates to the current players based on this year.
Old 09-07-2022, 10:35 AM   #12
sprague
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hfield007 View Post
First post is updated with an updated link for OOTP 23.

Still working on this lately so it will be updated again at the end of the year with several fixes and updates to the current players based on this year.

Honestly your work with this is terrific. Looking forward to seeing under the hood at the changes you have made in the new update

Question still, which source did you use for your facegen files? The regular download here on the mod thread, or did you mix and match from a few?
Old 09-07-2022, 03:19 PM   #13
hfield007
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprague View Post
Honestly your work with this is terrific. Looking forward to seeing under the hood at the changes you have made in the new update

Question still, which source did you use for your facegen files? The regular download here on the mod thread, or did you mix and match from a few?
the main historical one that was done awhile ago was the base mixed with the ones that come with the game for current players. and then updated a couple hundred or so players based on the work of lansdownest and i think fancyskunk?
Old 09-07-2022, 03:57 PM   #14
LansdowneSt
Hall Of Famer

Thanks for the kind words, hfield007! All of Fancy's should be in the Complete Universe Facegen Pack he maintains on the sticky. All the ones I continue to update can be downloaded in my supplemental pack. That's found here:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/ox6gx..._Pack.zip/file

It's always the same link but I just update the pack. Next update will be this weekend as I've done another 200 or so in the past month. I think Fancy includes mine and overwrites what's in the CUF with it. He's been off-line for a bit now, but I expect him to update the CUF by season's end. My packs are for those that don't want to wait.

I need to put it on Steam at some point too. Maybe I'll focus on that this weekend as well.
LansdowneSt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2022, 08:43 AM   #15
hfield007
All Star Starter

reworking a lot of the split batting ratings. this was an issue from the beginning of such a big project. the splits from whatever year i imported the player from are what had the big impact before due to the way the ratings based on stats work in the game. it keeps the same split in a sense while changing the ratings. so the overalls work well but many players dont have representative splits compared to what they really were like in real life. along with this outside of the Rockies I didn't do much to scale back or up based on the parks they played.

I finally came up with a quick (soemwhat lol) way to do this for the batters and I am going through and revamping the split ratings for most of the name batters. I will probably leave the lesser players as is, but those who were name players or all-stars will be re-done.
Old 10-20-2022, 08:12 PM   #16
countrysidelove
Bat Boy

New to customization...always did my own thing so sorry for the stupid question. I downloaded the 3.51 version and I am using 22 and i get an error that says the database was built on a previous version and to convert. I tried 21 and the same thing..tells me to use OOYP 20.

What did I screw up?
countrysidelove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2022, 03:52 PM   #17
hfield007
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrysidelove View Post
New to customization...always did my own thing so sorry for the stupid question. I downloaded the 3.51 version and I am using 22 and i get an error that says the database was built on a previous version and to convert. I tried 21 and the same thing..tells me to use OOYP 20.

What did I screw up?
ahh the current version i have uploaded here is for OOTP 23.
Old Today, 03:17 AM   #18
sprague
All Star Starter

I was trying to help our friend Eugene Church to get this great QS into 25.
So I tested it out for him, and I couldn't load it into 24. The upload never finishes, the wheel just spins and spins, I gave it an hour.
I can load it for 23, but for some reason just can't get it into 24 to even attempt at 25 upload

Can anyone else import this all the way to 25?
Cheers