Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Front Office Football > FOF - General Discussions

FOF - General Discussions Discuss the upcoming Front Office Football by OOTP Developments here.

Old 01-10-2020, 02:51 AM   #261
Jwalk100
Minors (Single A)

Markus and Jim getting the George R.R. Martin treatment.

Old 01-10-2020, 10:31 AM   #262
rmoons24
Minors (Single A)

Unfair treatment, supposedly they're going on 3 years of progress and are still nowhere near beta.

I also got a kick out of the line that forums aren't good for discussing the game.....that is precisely what a forum about the game is for.....
Old 01-10-2020, 04:59 PM   #263
Kodiakbear
Bat Boy

Thanks

Thanks for replying... I know you don't want to give a date, but can I get a you will have it before the next NFL Training camp begins, or even Christmas.... Something! Meantime I will wait patiently for the Beta Testing etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Gindin View Post
When I last posted about the game on my web site, I intended that to cover the period before it's appropriate for OOTP marketing to take over. The reasoning contained in that post applies just as much today as it did then. If the project were scrapped, I'd say something, because I'd be moving on to something new - probably not in the field of game development.

The last thing I want is to become defensive in any way here. Because what's going to happen when we get into that beta period is that OOTP's marketing arm (and they have one - Solecisimic was just me, and marketing is very, very different when you don't have someone who fully understands the current marketplace for games) will take over and you will learn about the game. They have become very good at this and the last thing anyone needs is me taking it upon myself to alter their work.

Until that point, and I very carefully illustrated that a few months ago, it's just not ideal for me to say much. Honestly, I like talking about the game. Forums just aren't great for that kind of thing. The crap people are giving Gary and Markus right now seems quite unfair. We're all just trying to create something.
Old 01-10-2020, 05:20 PM   #264
Jim Gindin
Solecismic Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodiakbear View Post
Thanks for replying... I know you don't want to give a date, but can I get a you will have it before the next NFL Training camp begins, or even Christmas.... Something! Meantime I will wait patiently for the Beta Testing etc.
I understand that this is exactly what people would appreciate knowing right now.I wish I could give you a yes or no right now.

I think Markus and I have made the reasons very clear. The most important question is how much of the GUI work can I do myself and get the game itself in place (because the engine is about 99% done and about 95% of the screens are done - but the pieces that make them look good haven't begun yet).

We just didn't anticipate the direction the company would take. They have to follow this opportunity. They've worked so hard for it, and now it's within sight, but all hands are needed. I've even tried to pitch in, but they tell me not to.

I feel terrible that the game isn't out. It's not what any of us wanted. All I can promise is that once we're at a beta stage, the PR machine will start and you'll probably wish you heard less about the game.

Until then, though, this company is all about baseball and hockey and it's not my place to talk about the game in any detail. I respect that. It's a process, and it's one that's proven to work.
Old 01-10-2020, 06:26 PM   #265
Zeppelin462
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
I understand that this is exactly what people would appreciate knowing right now.I wish I could give you a yes or no right now.

I think Markus and I have made the reasons very clear. The most important question is how much of the GUI work can I do myself and get the game itself in place (because the engine is about 99% done and about 95% of the screens are done - but the pieces that make them look good haven't begun yet).

We just didn't anticipate the direction the company would take. They have to follow this opportunity. They've worked so hard for it, and now it's within sight, but all hands are needed. I've even tried to pitch in, but they tell me not to.

I feel terrible that the game isn't out. It's not what any of us wanted. All I can promise is that once we're at a beta stage, the PR machine will start and you'll probably wish you heard less about the game.

Until then, though, this company is all about baseball and hockey and it's not my place to talk about the game in any detail. I respect that. It's a process, and it's one that's proven to work.
Thanks, Jim. It's great to hear this, and I'll personally do better to be patient. I just think something like this, where we get a little peek under the hood, was what some of us were hoping for. Much appreciated.
Old 01-10-2020, 07:35 PM   #266
thefatcat
Minors (Single A)

I am from the FOF world not OOTP and i am guessing FOF9 is behind a new release of OOTP baseball and hockey games by what Jim says . When are those two due for release? Thanks
Old 01-10-2020, 08:35 PM   #267
SweenDawg72
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefatcat View Post
I am from the FOF world not OOTP and i am guessing FOF9 is behind a new release of OOTP baseball and hockey games by what Jim says . When are those two due for release? Thanks
Typically these have been in March for Baseball and October for Hockey.
Old 01-10-2020, 08:51 PM   #268
thefatcat
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweenDawg72 View Post
Typically these have been in March for Baseball and October for Hockey.
Wow so it could be past October before Jim gets the help I guess he was supposed to get on the game. I think we can all see the frustration Jim has. Let's hope once the work is complete on the Baseball and Hockeys games nothing else gets in the way. Very disappointing for us FOFers but clearly 100% not Jim fault!
Old 01-10-2020, 09:20 PM   #269
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Perfect Team is likely the hold up...I don’t know that for certain, but it’s my guess.
Old 01-10-2020, 09:29 PM   #270
rmoons24
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Wow so it could be past October before Jim gets the help I guess he was supposed to get on the game. I think we can all see the frustration Jim has. Let's hope once the work is complete on the Baseball and Hockeys games nothing else gets in the way. Very disappointing for us FOFers but clearly 100% not Jim fault!
Thats been the hope for 2 years now...
Old 01-11-2020, 03:57 AM   #271
Nature Boy
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Sounds like you have been stitched up and let down Jim. No joke considering this is what you do for a living to pay the bills. Figured that was the case seeing how well you have treated us in the past with free updates etc. I run a business myself. I have found the less you depend on anyone else the better. Hope things get back on track one way or the other.
Old 01-11-2020, 06:38 AM   #272
thefatcat
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nature Boy View Post
Sounds like you have been stitched up and let down Jim. No joke considering this is what you do for a living to pay the bills. Figured that was the case seeing how well you have treated us in the past with free updates etc. I run a business myself. I have found the less you depend on anyone else the better. Hope things get back on track one way or the other.

I totally agree and people commenting in the MP league i play in seem to be also in total agreement that Jim has been stitched up and from what Jim has said i don't think many can disagree with that. The frustration in your post Jim is very very clear to read!
Old 01-11-2020, 12:30 PM   #273
Looney Tunes O’Donnell
Bat Boy

I think the community got what they wanted over the past couple of days with the questions and the answers they received. Jim painted out a specific timeline IMO with his percentages he stated. I don’t understand the backlash from those stating others “to let them be, and be quiet.” If there is a forum where the participants are the developers, that allows them to be subjected to questions on past statements made by them on forums...Saying an expected release in late 2018 and no comment on it until the forum demands it 2 years later isn’t a witch trial by any means. Tbh piecing the information together by Jim, I’d expect a release by late 2021, which would give ample time for starting and finishing the GUI and cleaning up the rest of it. Maybe we’ll be lucky and see it out earlier.
Old 01-11-2020, 05:05 PM   #274
BradS
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
(because the engine is about 99% done and about 95% of the screens are done - but the pieces that make them look good haven't begun yet).
This is where Andreas designs/creates the new GUI?
Old 01-12-2020, 05:40 AM   #275
campinginalaska
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looney Tunes O’Donnell View Post
I think the community got what they wanted over the past couple of days with the questions and the answers they received. Jim painted out a specific timeline IMO with his percentages he stated. I don’t understand the backlash from those stating others “to let them be, and be quiet.” If there is a forum where the participants are the developers, that allows them to be subjected to questions on past statements made by them on forums...Saying an expected release in late 2018 and no comment on it until the forum demands it 2 years later isn’t a witch trial by any means. Tbh piecing the information together by Jim, I’d expect a release by late 2021, which would give ample time for starting and finishing the GUI and cleaning up the rest of it. Maybe we’ll be lucky and see it out earlier.
Hopefully by the start of the NFL 2021 season.
Old 01-13-2020, 01:39 PM   #276
Rizon
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looney Tunes O’Donnell View Post
I think the community got what they wanted over the past couple of days
Attached Images
Old 01-17-2020, 10:47 AM   #277
McLite
Minors (Single A)

Edit

Last edited by McLite; 09-18-2020 at 08:45 PM.
Old 01-17-2020, 04:35 PM   #278
Nature Boy
Minors (Rookie Ball)

9000 yards and 100 TDs is achievable with the right personnel in MP, pretty sure.
Old 01-17-2020, 06:43 PM   #279
Kodiakbear
Bat Boy

Quote:

I understand thanks for the reply, I am a big fan that will wait.... Patiently....
Old 01-18-2020, 12:11 PM   #280
Cooleyvol
Hall Of Famer

Basically, they brought him in and left him to it. Perfect Team strikes again.