Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 16 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2015 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 12-15-2015, 09:03 PM   #1
nypama
Bat Boy

Game Quitting at Random Times

Has anyone else had a problem with the game quitting at random times? One time I was playing and pitched a 2 hit shutout and I did not save the game, went to the next game, and it froze and quit and I lost the result (I ended up getting destroyed when I replayed it).
Just now, I started a game, was up 1-0 in the bottom of the 2nd, and the game quit for no reason. It's getting very frustrating.
For reference, I am playing on a MacBook Air OS version 10.8.5.
I downloaded the game first week of November.
Except for the random quits (seems to happen about every 10 games or so), I'm happy with the game and play every day!

Thanks!
nypama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 06:06 AM   #2
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

do you have less than 4gb or ram? next time it happens, walk away for 30mins or more - don't click or move the window, just let it sit. see if it unfreezes when you come back.

also, i'd start a new league and see if the problem repeates itself.

very unlikely to help: the lil txt files get severely fragmented on my HDD. you need a different defrag program than what comes with windows 7 to defrag these small files. win 7 defrag ignores files below 50mb or so - usually for a good reason. in this case, not so much.

but, with a slower computer load times could seem like a freeze if you have 7,000 tiny sized files fragmented all over the place on a mechanical drive.

piriform has some decent free apps, and you can read up on them and know they aren't scamware.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 07:05 AM   #3
nypama
Bat Boy

I have 4 GB of RAM so that's not the issue.

Also, maybe I wasn't clear - it doesn't really freeze. It shuts down. Only while playing games. It's very sudden.

Also, I'm on a Mac, so defragmenting shouldn't be as big a deal as on Windows.
Old 12-16-2015, 06:39 PM   #4
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nypama View Post
I have 4 GB of RAM so that's not the issue.

Also, maybe I wasn't clear - it doesn't really freeze. It shuts down. Only while playing games. It's very sudden.

Also, I'm on a Mac, so defragmenting shouldn't be as big a deal as on Windows.
well the concept i mentioned would still apply. and if it is SSD it doesn't matter if it is fragmented- no moving parts. defrag programs generally ignore small files.

can't help with mac. i thought macs were supposed to just work? couldn't resist. maybe somethign to do with porting the program from one OS to another. in the game troubleshooting, you can restore game files, but that won't touch your league - if it's somethign in the main program that is causing the problem, that might help. otherwise, it will just waste your time.

like i said, make a new game and do whatever it is you are typically doing when it freezes during a game. even pay attention to what you are specifically clicking or typing right before it happens.

i assume you've filled out a tech support ticket? those guys can obviously give more specific suggestions for you.

Last edited by NoOne; 12-16-2015 at 06:41 PM.
Old 12-19-2015, 08:59 PM   #5
nypama
Bat Boy

So I was going to send in a ticket the other day, but then it linked me to setting up "trace mode". Since then, I've had trace mode on, and it slows things down a tiny bit, but it hasn't crashed. So I think I'll just keep trace mode on in case it happens again in which case I can send a log with a ticket.

Thanks for the advice.
Old 12-19-2015, 09:05 PM   #6
nypama
Bat Boy

And it just happened now.
Ticket being formed.
Old 12-19-2015, 09:08 PM   #7
RchW
Hall Of Famer

What build do you have? Bottom left of the opening screen.

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 09:19 PM   #8
nypama
Bat Boy

16.9 build 39
Old 12-19-2015, 09:31 PM   #9
RchW
Hall Of Famer

There is a later MAC build.

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...6Installer.dmg

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit

Last edited by RchW; 12-19-2015 at 09:37 PM.
Old 12-19-2015, 10:04 PM   #10
nypama
Bat Boy

Huh no kidding. Thanks!
Old 12-20-2015, 01:19 PM   #11
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

trace mode should create a txt file log.

if updating doesn't help, post that file in bugs forum.
Old 12-20-2015, 01:50 PM   #12
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Huh no kidding. Thanks!
Let us know if it helps. It was for a crash bug though not the one you describe.

RichW

Old 12-21-2015, 10:10 PM   #13
nypama
Bat Boy

Well I had hopes. I played about a dozen games or so before it happened again. I led 1-0 in the 2nd or 3rd inning, and another crash.
So far no word from technical support (I emailed over the weekend).

I'll take NoOne's advice and see if I can post the trace file.
Old 12-23-2015, 03:02 PM   #14
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Well I had hopes. I played about a dozen games or so before it happened again. I led 1-0 in the 2nd or 3rd inning, and another crash.

any similar problems with other programs? could try re-seating your ram. sawp them around if 2 sticks. it's defintely doing somethign your OS doesn't like.

if you've added anything that controls memory usage or any function of the os recently, try removing those things. even AV/malware software.

i don't know macs, but if there is any compatibility settings, or maybe a way to allow a program to run more "freely" so to speak, do that. it's a known software developer, so you shouldn't have security concerns.

turn off any real-time protection like AV/malware stuff... that's just a resource hog anyway, unless you do alot of odd stuff on the internet. *i just mean odd as in somethign i cannot predict, not neccessarily perverted...

also, really start paying attention to the 5-10 things yo do before a crash. find similarities, if possible. even if it is quite a bit before the occurence. for tech support, not me.

Last edited by NoOne; 12-23-2015 at 03:03 PM.
Old 12-24-2015, 11:42 AM   #15
Ryder Presnell
Tech Support

Quote:

What is your ticket ID#? I just tried to look for it in our ticket database and I couldn't find it. Let me know the number and I'll reply when I find it.

Ryder P
Ryder Presnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 08:17 PM   #16
nypama
Bat Boy

Ticket 14479.
Ryder - you emailed asking for my league files. I wrote back saying that cyberduck couldn't find the server to FTP. Haven't heard back on that yet.

Sorry for posting this in the General Forum, but thank you all for your suggestions and attentiveness. I'm still looking for some common thread to figure out what may be causing it.