Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 06-17-2019, 07:48 AM   #1
sharknut
All Star Reserve

Packs or a player

My no Live Cards team that is a good Diamond team but has only been over .500 in Perfect once of six years. I have about 30,000 PP now, but I wouldn't be able to buy a player that can really help me until I get to 40,000 and up.

Would you just rip 30 packs and hope or wait it out several more years to get a guaranteed better player?

Last edited by sharknut; 06-17-2019 at 07:52 AM.
sharknut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 02:21 PM   #2
Mizzery
Minors (Single A)

Overall, purchasing an AH player will always have a higher return than packs. However, OOTP 19 has had distorted dynamics since 20 launched, with scarcity on the AH and inflated prices.

If you need starting pitching, I would save the points for the AH. High level pitchers start around the $40k+ mark, so it sounds like you are close to being there already.

If you need a position player, that’s a tougher call- given the AH scarcity, I might be tempted to roll the dice and rip the packs.
Mizzery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 04:06 PM   #3
sharknut
All Star Reserve

My starters are:

Beckett-91
Drysdale-90
Newhouser-93
Scott-96
Saberhagen-92

Really good Diamond staff....not so much perfect. Right now, the closest pitcher that would improve me is at 39,999 points, many seasons away especially now that I am in the deep end of Perfect. Not sure I have the patience

Old 06-17-2019, 08:50 PM   #4
Dunzie
All Star Reserve

I personally take this approach. If the team is new and starting out and doesn’t have an identity, roll the dice with the packs. However when your team is starting to be complete and personalized it’s a huge risk and lost often a waste of money trying to improve via pulling packs. Instead look for players that add something to where your team is lacking or could stand improving and hopefully the AH can supply them.
Dunzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 01:13 PM   #5
CrazyWR
All Star Reserve

I'd save up, you've waited this long. If you were at 15-20 I'd say packs but 30 is a lot closer
CrazyWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 03:33 PM   #6
sharknut
All Star Reserve

I think that's what I will do. My team is hanging in there, 16-17 so far. Would probably be better for me long term to be in Diamond, but if I can hang in there in Perfect, it shouldn't be too many years to wait to add a better arm.