Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Online Leagues

Old 08-27-2006, 03:21 PM   #61
Brian the Stunt Bum
Minors (Double A)

So I am using the ingame file generator which is so easy. The question I have is where to owners unzip it to? Is it into the saved_games directory or theactual league directory from there.
Old 10-05-2006, 10:12 PM   #62
molarmite
Hall Of Famer

How do I get winzip to put everything in folders? Right now I have over 270,000 files and I don't want to go through and delete each one, it'd be a lot easier to delete the folder, how do you do that?

"Now all you need is a signature. A quote or initial, perhaps."

[
molarmite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 01:10 AM   #63
f.montoya
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by molarmite
How do I get winzip to put everything in folders? Right now I have over 270,000 files and I don't want to go through and delete each one, it'd be a lot easier to delete the folder, how do you do that?
Not sure what you're going for here, Molarmite. Using the in-game system should work fine as far as minimizing unnecessary files. Only for a completely new league will you need to set up with Stu's system. After that the in-game feature will eliminate a lot of unneeded files when sharing with league members.

Asahi2 Baseball ex-Commissioner(Historical League Since 2004)
www.allsimbaseball.com (OOTP web hosting - Customized sites for online leagues - Sign up, Connect OOTP and Play!)
Share Your Mods - Free, unlimited and easy to upload to share your Mods instantly(free site registration required)

Last edited by f.montoya; 10-06-2006 at 03:06 AM.
f.montoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 08:23 AM   #64
sporr
Global Moderator

And the in-game system has taken care of the problem with owners being logged in as commish when they download the file in-game.
sporr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 09:01 AM   #65
molarmite
Hall Of Famer

Oh ok, I was using the zip format because owners were getting these errors when they downloaded it. Here are some quotes from them.

Quote:
I'm afraid that this time around, I am getting a new error when I attempt to update. The file appears to d/l just fine, and the error comes toward the end of the process of "unpacking" the downloaded file.
Quote:
Getting the same thing at 92%.
Quote:
TAR_FILE::unpack_file-cannot open target file
Quote:
followed by...LEAGUE_HOME_PAGE::create_page - invalid leagie id

What could the problem be. The is our fourth sim and the third time I've used the ingame league file uploader.

[
Old 10-06-2006, 10:47 AM   #66
f.montoya
Hall Of Famer

Have your league members completely delete their existing league file from the saved_games folder. Then have them manually download a fresh copy and unzip it to their saved_games folder. They may need a different program to unzip it as the stock version of winzip that comes with windows may not be able to do the job. Feel free to tell your league members to download PowerArchiver from www.allsimbaseball.com under the "Downloads" link. This program will do the job nicely.

More than likely, getting a fresh league file into the game will resolve the issue and they should be able to use the in-game download feature without problem after that.

Asahi2 Baseball ex-Commissioner(Historical League Since 2004)
www.allsimbaseball.com (OOTP web hosting - Customized sites for online leagues - Sign up, Connect OOTP and Play!)
Share Your Mods - Free, unlimited and easy to upload to share your Mods instantly(free site registration required)
f.montoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 11:02 AM   #67
battists
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by f.montoya
Have your league members completely delete their existing league file from the saved_games folder. Then have them manually download a fresh copy and unzip it to their saved_games folder. They may need a different program to unzip it as the stock version of winzip that comes with windows may not be able to do the job. Feel free to tell your league members to download PowerArchiver from www.allsimbaseball.com under the "Downloads" link. This program will do the job nicely.

More than likely, getting a fresh league file into the game will resolve the issue and they should be able to use the in-game download feature without problem after that.
What he said.
battists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 02:50 PM   #68
disposableheros
Hall Of Famer

7-Zip and WinRAR work well too (both are free).

Baseball Maelstrom - New York Mets - 180-149 .547
Corporate League Baseball - Coke Buzz - 889-649 .578
Western Hemisphere Baseball League - Santiago Saints - 672-793 .459

Record - 2428-2271 .517
disposableheros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 04:36 AM   #69
Andreas Raht
Administrator

I use TUGZip (http://www.tugzip.com/) Great software, and free.
Andreas Raht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 12:25 PM   #70
molarmite
Hall Of Famer

I had the people delete their saved game, then redownload the zip file, then update ingame again and they still got the same error and the game crashed.

Does it matter what software they use? Because whatever software they have been using has been working until now. Any other idea on what the problem could be?

[
Old 10-07-2006, 02:04 PM   #71
battists
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by molarmite View Post
I had the people delete their saved game, then redownload the zip file, then update ingame again and they still got the same error and the game crashed.

Does it matter what software they use? Because whatever software they have been using has been working until now. Any other idea on what the problem could be?
Hmm, this is odd.

You could try getting them to send their export files to you manually (e-mail), and then running the import/export from your hard drive. That would remove the possibility of an FTP-related problem, at least.

Do you have a backup of the league from before this started happening?

Might not hurt to try that, just to see if something somehow mangled your league file.
Old 10-07-2006, 03:53 PM   #72
molarmite
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by battists View Post
Hmm, this is odd.

You could try getting them to send their export files to you manually (e-mail), and then running the import/export from your hard drive. That would remove the possibility of an FTP-related problem, at least.

Do you have a backup of the league from before this started happening?

Might not hurt to try that, just to see if something somehow mangled your league file.
I tried putting up a new zip file and took out all things that Stu told me to take out but now they got this error:

Quote:
It ALMOST worked this time. I got to load the file after unzipping it, and was able to log in and go to my team's home page on 4/21.

Unfortunately, it crashed again there. I suspect it has something to do with the player data; every player on my team's home page was named Joe Smith, with no stats. I wonder if, in the course of trying to minimize the file size, something vital got removed by ?
Anyone know what that problem could be?

[
Old 10-07-2006, 04:55 PM   #73
battists
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I tried putting up a new zip file and took out all things that Stu told me to take out but now they got this error:

Anyone know what that problem could be?

Can you post a copy of the entire league file somewhere that I could grab it?

Molarmite, do you get the errors when you open the game?
Old 10-07-2006, 05:08 PM   #74
molarmite
Hall Of Famer

The zip file that they had trouble with is at www.globalbaseballleague.com and use the link download league file on the left side. No I don't get any errors when I open it, not do I get any Joe Smith's with no stats like my owner had a problem with.

[
Old 10-07-2006, 05:54 PM   #75
battists
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
The zip file that they had trouble with is at www.globalbaseballleague.com and use the link download league file on the left side. No I don't get any errors when I open it, not do I get any Joe Smith's with no stats like my owner had a problem with.

This really makes no sense. The fact that at least one person can open the file with no problem makes it seem very likely that there's nothing fundamentally wrong with the league files, which means we should be able to resolve the issue without any loss of data or anything.

I'll try to download the file above tonight, but what I really want is a FULL COPY of the entire league, just to confirm that I can open the game without getting strange errors.
Old 10-07-2006, 06:11 PM   #76
molarmite
Hall Of Famer

All of my owners are having problems with the file, I don't download the file so I'm assuming that's why mine works. Something could've gone wrong in the zipping process that caused this.

What do you mean by a full copy? That file I gave up contains almost everything you need. It just won't have boxscores, or game logs. If you want a file that I didn't take anything off, that will be around 108MB zipped, do you want me to upload that to you too?

[

Last edited by molarmite; 10-07-2006 at 06:12 PM. Reason: This is a cool feature.
Old 10-07-2006, 07:04 PM   #77
battists
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
All of my owners are having problems with the file, I don't download the file so I'm assuming that's why mine works. Something could've gone wrong in the zipping process that caused this.

What do you mean by a full copy? That file I gave up contains almost everything you need. It just won't have boxscores, or game logs. If you want a file that I didn't take anything off, that will be around 108MB zipped, do you want me to upload that to you too?
Well, that's the thing. Obviously, it seems likely that something is wrong with the zip files you are sending, since your owners are having problems, but you are not. So, yeah, I wanted the whole kit and kaboodle. But, hang onto it for now. Let me download the file, which won't be until probably after 9 pm EST tonight.

We'll get this worked out! (I hope...)
Old 10-07-2006, 07:20 PM   #78
battists
Hall Of Famer

molarmite, I got an error unzipping the zip file. It said that the players.dat file is damaged.

Can you rezip the whole thing, to a brand new zip file, and post it somewhere I can grab it, the whole 108 MB?

Thanks!

Steve
Old 10-07-2006, 09:26 PM   #79
molarmite
Hall Of Famer

It'll be up and ready for you in about two hours.

[
Old 10-07-2006, 10:53 PM   #80
molarmite
Hall Of Famer

I probably won't be on to tell you when it's done, but it says 37 minutes left in the upload, so it should be good at 11:45 eastern time. There will be a link on the site that says "For Steve" that will be the 108MB file for you to download.

EDIT: Nevermind I can't edit my page while I'm uploading the file so I'll try and make it on to update it for you, otherwise it will be good for you tomorrow morning.

[

Last edited by molarmite; 10-07-2006 at 10:56 PM. Reason: Mistake