Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - Historical Simulations

OOTP 15 - Historical Simulations Discuss historical simulations and their results in this forum.

Old 03-06-2015, 09:18 PM   #1
italyprof
All Star Reserve

Can you construct a historic league without superstars?

I built a league that was historic with historic players - started in the late 1940s - and was a 5 prestige level as a league.

I thought that would mean I would not get any Hall of Fame level players but after a season or two Lou Gehrig, Honus Wagner etc. started showing up in the rookie list.

Is there any way to get it so that either single season or random era rookies don't get beyond a certain quality level?
italyprof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 11:23 PM   #2
MarkInCincy
All Star Reserve

whats your 'level', top 1000 all time, top 50 by position for hitters, top ### for SP, no more than x seasons in the majors????
Old 03-07-2015, 08:48 PM   #3
italyprof
All Star Reserve

I am not sure. I guess I figured if using a 20-80 scale of ratings, nothing about 70 let's say. But maybe excluding the top 20 or 50 all time at each position and the top 100 pitchers would do well.

My difficulty in answering is due to not knowing what the possible parameters are by which I could control for quality. So thanks for the suggestions. Let's say no top X number at each position if that were possible, or no ratings higher than a certain number along the 20-80 scale or no five star players.
How could I go about that?
Old 03-07-2015, 11:05 PM   #4
MarkInCincy
All Star Reserve

To keep them out you can;

1. Delete all the players you do not want imported from master.csv and rename the .odb files. best to copy all the files in the stats folder into another 1 first and point the path to that folder in your game
OR
2. Do a manual import of players you want each yr using bigrods utility
OR
3. Delete the players you don't want from the draft pool each yr before starting the draft

Hope that helps
Old 03-08-2015, 12:55 PM   #5
italyprof
All Star Reserve

Thanks, it does !