Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 02-25-2020, 03:01 PM   #21
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Sort of like the U.S. could use more than 1 President at this point. Maybe not one for each state, but my, we've grown.

One Great Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 03:02 PM   #22
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

Your numbers show a perfect league championship means very little in the current set up. I have won it like 5 out of 8 seasons in perfect without doing any type of active managing because the leagues are so watered down.

In the new system a diamond would be the equivalent of a perfect now, and a perfect would be the ultimate prize.
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 03:07 PM   #23
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkgo View Post
Your numbers show a perfect league championship means very little in the current set up. I have won it like 5 out of 8 seasons in perfect without doing any type of active managing because the leagues are so watered down.

In the new system a diamond would be the equivalent of a perfect now, and a perfect would be the ultimate prize.
Precisely. Diamond would be the new perfect and perfect is a Champions League. An exclusive club for a single champ.

mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 04:34 PM   #24
bailey
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Great Matrix View Post
Is this just from your point of view, Bailey?
My opinion has not changed. Compare what I wrote on Sept 18, 2019:

Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 711
Size:  71.3 KB

bailey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 11:39 PM   #25
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

I thought that

about 500 PL Champions over the course of 50 seasons would be better than 50 and better than 2000-2500.

The 10 PLs or so instead of 1 would be a reflection of why we compare teams in the first place and why no one team has or will ever prove superior every season.

That's all for translation on what would probably have been spoken and listened to far differently

I mean, I don't get much of what is written on the boards ...So?
I do however interpret a lot of what other players have to say pretty well.

So sometimes a write for "some" reader rather non-chalantly, & not to sort of make things clear or get things straight.

Old 02-25-2020, 11:42 PM   #26
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
My opinion has not changed. Compare what I wrote on Sept 18, 2019:

Attachment 675282
Whatever your view, I'm not accusing you of anything!

You say 1-24 League of champions. I said 12 instead of 1. I didn't say bailey keeps flip-flopping on me.

Old 02-25-2020, 11:46 PM   #27
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

OK, I didn't read that write the first time, you wanted basically what it looks like they might go with in PT 3.0. So you happy about that?

Old 02-25-2020, 11:58 PM   #28
bailey
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
OK, I didn't read that write the first time, you wanted basically what it looks like they might go with in PT 3.0. So you happy about that?
I'm happy that Markus and Co. listen to their customers! OTOH, be careful what you ask for: you might get it!

bailey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 12:03 AM   #29
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

One bailey

Old 02-26-2020, 11:10 PM   #30
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdog512 View Post
Precisely. Diamond would be the new perfect and perfect is a Champions League. An exclusive club for a single champ.
I still haven't changed your mind, huh?

Sounds decent in theory, McDog...

This "new" Perfect, though, has this ever-present, err, "carrot" hovering up above it & the 52 total champions of a million total entries in a real year odds seem a bit miniscule to me. I think it's still rather exclusive to win a PL until the Perfect Leagues get up past ...depending on your point of view, 10, 50 leagues. 10 being very exclusive, 50 still being quite exclusive.

I mean if there's a problem with the current perfect league at all...then the problem is that it's too many champions in your opinion. I just feel 1 per season is too little when you account for the amount of teams.

I know 70% of the teams on the Perfect level aren't up to par with the very best. But that leaves 900 very very very goood teams competing for just 1 championship.

Last edited by One Great Matrix; 02-26-2020 at 11:18 PM.
Old 02-26-2020, 11:41 PM   #31
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkgo View Post

You're unimpressed by your team winning 5 out of 8 PLs. What can I say? If you win a single PL, I don't know, maybe that'd make you happy.

Old 02-27-2020, 07:49 AM   #32
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
Quote:
I still haven't changed your mind, huh?

Sounds decent in theory, McDog...

This "new" Perfect, though, has this ever-present, err, "carrot" hovering up above it & the 52 total champions of a million total entries in a real year odds seem a bit miniscule to me. I think it's still rather exclusive to win a PL until the Perfect Leagues get up past ...depending on your point of view, 10, 50 leagues. 10 being very exclusive, 50 still being quite exclusive.

I mean if there's a problem with the current perfect league at all...then the problem is that it's too many champions in your opinion. I just feel 1 per season is too little when you account for the amount of teams.

I know 70% of the teams on the Perfect level aren't up to par with the very best. But that leaves 900 very very very goood teams competing for just 1 championship.
Certainly makes it a very very special deal to win it. I could see Kris Jardine covering the Perfect Team winner each week in "This week in perfect team" - Discuss team composition, stats and history. You can have that for free SnaggleJ.

I didn't come up with the idea but weather it was Bailey or someone else, I was banging the drum for this layout ever since and it's been a while.

mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 08:56 AM   #33
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
You're unimpressed by your team winning 5 out of 8 PLs. What can I say? If you win a single PL, I don't know, maybe that'd make you happy.
Yes, winning the single PL next year would be a huge accomplishment.

I got satisfaction from how I built up my team over the game without buying points. But now that I have finished it there isn't all that much to do when I open up the game. There are no upgrades left that I want other than TOTD Trout but I only have 500K points now. Lots of people have mentioned before that the journey is more fun than the destination, now there is a destination that is worthwhile.
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 01:18 AM   #34
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Alright. I hear ya. I did consider that before proposing that 12 PLs would be better than 1.