Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > Perfect Team 21

Perfect Team 21 Perfect Team 21 - The online revolution! Battle tens of thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 02-24-2020, 07:30 AM   #1
TheNamelessPoet
Minors (Single A)

Card list

Remember when we had a card list to start PT 2.0

THAT WAS AWESOME!!!

Can we have one again? with stats, that's updated semi often? PLEASE!!!
TheNamelessPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 10:24 AM   #2
Lemandria
All Star Reserve

I'd settle for names & cardids. More than enough to start a dbase and keep it current.

Though the opening day ratings would be real useful, fo sho.
Old 02-25-2020, 04:47 AM   #3
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

We have not decided yet if we will officially release a card list this year. We'll see Somebody will compile one and share it anyway...
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 06:45 AM   #4
Splitter24
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
We have not decided yet if we will officially release a card list this year. We'll see Somebody will compile one and share it anyway...
It would probably be helpful for those who are interested in filling out the card suggestion form to know who already exists.

Currently Reading: The Sympathizer by Viet Thanh Nguyen

"Well, the game is afoot. I’ll take anal bum cover for 7,000." - "Sean Connery" SNL Celebrity Jeopardy

R.I.P. Tommy Holmes 1917-2008
Splitter24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 01:46 PM   #5
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Well, sure, as long as we share our money with them...

I honestly don't understand why there isn't some rudimentary list (one that doesn't have to include any ratings, though admittedly overall might be helpful) accessible in game. This would help collectors quite a lot.

I don't even know for certain how many Rangers I'm missing in 20

Primary Team

Collection Rewards (Cards & Packs) F2P Theme Team

Movers F2P Theme and Adam Schlesinger Memorial Team
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 02:30 PM   #6
bailey
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogberry99 View Post

I honestly don't understand why there isn't some rudimentary list (one that doesn't have to include any ratings, though admittedly overall might be helpful) accessible in game. This would help collectors quite a lot.
Also, an in game list that has recent auction information, so you don't have to ask on discord "what's L7?" or otherwise go begging for info. "Is Juan Pizzaro, in the game? what team?"

bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 06:41 PM   #7
Spieler
Minors (Double A)

This.

CardID, Name, Team, Year/PEAK, Position, Overall Rating would suffice. Anything else would be a bonus. Then at least one would know there is a one-off better Dizzy Trout floating around... Would make life much easier building theme teams.

Thanks in advance/Besten Dank im Voraus und VG :-)
Spieler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 11:45 PM   #8
Warhawk
Major Leagues

Quote:

I don't even know for certain how many Rangers I'm missing in 20

I may do a Google sheet and find a few people on here to give edit permissions to as well.

EDIT: Correction - I am doing a Google sheet. Will have OVR, name, Card ID, team (for the live cards tab they're organized by team though; non-live are organized by card type), year (for non-live), CON/STU, POW/MOV, EYE/CON, and primary position DEF. Attributes are set to auto-color when entered. Collections separated (for now) into tabs for live card collections, historic team collections, and other collections. Index page with links to live teams, non-live card types, and collections by name. Headers for teams using actual team color hex codes. Also a field in the card list for collections, with links to the collection, and player list in collections will link back to the general list with attributes. Also I'll include check boxes for anyone who wants to save a copy for their personal use.

Hopefully I can get a few volunteers to give permissions to who can chip in and enter cards after release.

Last edited by Warhawk; 02-26-2020 at 04:04 AM.
Warhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 10:24 AM   #9
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhawk View Post
I may do a Google sheet and find a few people on here to give edit permissions to as well.

EDIT: Correction - I am doing a Google sheet. Will have OVR, name, Card ID, team (for the live cards tab they're organized by team though; non-live are organized by card type), year (for non-live), CON/STU, POW/MOV, EYE/CON, and primary position DEF. Attributes are set to auto-color when entered. Collections separated (for now) into tabs for live card collections, historic team collections, and other collections. Index page with links to live teams, non-live card types, and collections by name. Headers for teams using actual team color hex codes. Also a field in the card list for collections, with links to the collection, and player list in collections will link back to the general list with attributes. Also I'll include check boxes for anyone who wants to save a copy for their personal use.

Hopefully I can get a few volunteers to give permissions to who can chip in and enter cards after release.
I might help with that, would be a good community project.I have about 2200 cards in PT20, plan on keeping most in PT21 also so I should have plenty of cards.

mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 10:35 AM   #10
Warhawk
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdog512 View Post
I might help with that, would be a good community project.I have about 2200 cards in PT20, plan on keeping most in PT21 also so I should have plenty of cards.
Sounds good, I'll PM you closer to release.

What would be super helpful is to get a few people to split up the work of updating the live card attributes each week. If it's just me I'll probably stagger it and do 10 teams per week.
Warhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 09:42 AM   #11
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitter24 View Post
It would probably be helpful for those who are interested in filling out the card suggestion form to know who already exists.
And we can have a thread dedicated before the official release & everyone is neutral to any cards that should have higher/lower primary ratings...not sure how that would work but it would solve that problem to some degree of 'cards set in stone' that there are valid arguments for changing...

And I put this somewhere already but I thought maybe a thread about strategy in this version if that's not already just about wrapped up & finished could be positive in that respect, too. I don't have lots of complaints about the current strategies but it occurred to me that the ways to manage/plan strategy a team that you don't quite manage in-game are rather numerous ...maybe a few users have some "out of the park" ideas when it comes to strategy.

One Great Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 10:44 AM   #12
Lemandria
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Well, sure, as long as we share our money with them.
Amateur dbase operators would be better served by offering nothing more than raw card data--no ratings, no judgments, no 'overall' evaluations, no 'expected perfornance'--and let the end users do what they want the raw card numbers.

All such data is readily available in-game at any time, anyway.

Your only problem would be updates.

The reason they don't? Time. Who wants to deal with the clamor of players desperate for updates once a week, every week, on a pro bono basis?

This is a job for a team of users.

In lieu of a team, proprietary guarding/hoarding of data, ratings, and strategies etc. is a predictable result.

If I miss a week of updates, it affects no one but me. Free, but happy.

Best of all, I can use my own damned rating systems without someone griping about which dudes should be rated higher.

Really should clean all the spreadsheets off my desktop before next season, tho.

Last edited by Lemandria; 02-28-2020 at 10:58 AM.
Lemandria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 05:46 PM   #13
ButtersFTW
Minors (Single A)

I dont understand this question. How are we supposed to know which cards to be working towards acquiring, ie The "perfect" Perfect Team, unless we know what all the cards are? Imagine playing a game like WoW and just being told "there are gear drops" but nothing more. Why put the onus on us to have to make a master list with never knowing if its complete or not.

You have to tell us all the cards by at least overall number at minimum. So why not just release a list of every card with every rating.
ButtersFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 07:21 PM   #14
HRBaker
Hall Of Famer

This issue was discussed ad nauseam last year and the Devs decided to release the database. There are some good reasons to do that, and some good reasons not to. I preferred NOT knowing the details, but am probably in the minority. Whichever way they decide to do it this year, I'll live with it.

HRBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 08:39 PM   #15
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButtersFTW View Post
I dont understand this question. How are we supposed to know which cards to be working towards acquiring, ie The "perfect" Perfect Team, unless we know what all the cards are? Imagine playing a game like WoW and just being told "there are gear drops" but nothing more. Why put the onus on us to have to make a master list with never knowing if its complete or not.

You have to tell us all the cards by at least overall number at minimum. So why not just release a list of every card with every rating.
rambling
What would you do if it was your decision and 20,000 people had 15,000 different points of view?

One Great Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 02:04 AM   #16
QuantaCondor
All Star Reserve

Seems simple to me. Put it out, people who care can look, people who dont want to can not look.

F2P + restrictions. First F2P winner of PT21 Perfect League

F2P + restrictions. New team -> PT title in 8 weeks
QuantaCondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 02:25 AM   #17
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRBaker View Post
This issue was discussed ad nauseam last year and the Devs decided to release the database. There are some good reasons to do that, and some good reasons not to. I preferred NOT knowing the details, but am probably in the minority. Whichever way they decide to do it this year, I'll live with it.
Would you also prefer to not see any ratings of cards before you purchase them through the Auction House?

For the casual player, the Auction House is the simplest, quickest way to discover cards. It is the closest thing we have to a comprehensive list of players in the game, and it hasn't exactly been the most user-friendly of tools.

Primary Team

Collection Rewards (Cards & Packs) F2P Theme Team

Movers F2P Theme and Adam Schlesinger Memorial Team
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 02:18 PM   #18
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Would you also prefer to not see any ratings of cards before you purchase them through the Auction House?

For the casual player, the Auction House is the simplest, quickest way to discover cards. It is the closest thing we have to a comprehensive list of players in the game, and it hasn't exactly been the most user-friendly of tools.
...although it is supposed to be much better this year!

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 04:49 PM   #19
rudel.dietrich
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
I am trying to think of the cons of releasing the card list but I cannot think of any cons.

So why would you not release a card list?
rudel.dietrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 07:40 PM   #20
HRBaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudel.dietrich View Post
I am trying to think of the cons of releasing the card list but I cannot think of any cons.

So why would you not release a card list?

The major conn is the fact it gets it one step closer to a math formula instead of a game. Give us everything that's happening behind the scenes and all you have to do is plug in the numbers.

That's why war games have fog-of-war rules.

HRBaker is offline   Reply With Quote