Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 01-20-2020, 04:46 PM   #121
ThePride87
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannibalcorpse View Post
imagine being this guy
Listen, I'll admit it, I've been that guy before. (Example: me hating Perfect Team's existence). And I'm bound to be disgruntled again at some point, I'm human. But I do understand the guy's frustration....I was there a bit too when I realized this bug really did exist. But I'm appreciative that it got addressed within a couple weeks....whether the team is small or not, let's not act like they're just sitting here doing nothing. I know OOTP 21 is in the works, and from a business perspective, that really has to be priority #1a for them atm, with fixes for OOTP 20 happening when they are able to get to it.

I appreciate the others who took the time to bring light to the issue....there was a reddit post from a year ago from someone who had caught it, but never really said anything to the OOTP devs about it. The people here in the community that cared enough made this fix happen. I appreciate you, you were a part of this.
ThePride87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 05:15 PM   #122
krownroyal83
All Star Reserve

Has anyone done any testing to compare to prepatch? If so could you kindly discuss your results please
krownroyal83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 05:38 PM   #123
anthonywvalentine
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrRicherdKimble View Post
Nah dog, ASAP rollout was ideal. If a few of your members have a bad export oh well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by byzeil View Post
ASAP is fine but with any rollout that changes something major a little warning should be given.

If it has just gotten broken sure but It has been broken for 2 versions so another day or 12 hours isn't going to kill anyone dog.
As long as the commish isn't on steam, the easiest way to handle it...

Commish pulls all exports on the old version.
Saves and Exits
Patches game
Pulls any exports on the new version
(In this instance, run rescout)
Then sim as normal.

If the commish is on Steam and has already patched, then there isn't much that can be done.
anthonywvalentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 05:42 PM   #124
andoocure
Bat Boy

Can someone please explain how to perform a full re-scout? I've looked everywhere in the settings but can't seem to find it. I'm sure it was probably painfully obvious and staring me in the face at some point, but I just can't seem to find it on my own. Thanks in advance!
andoocure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 06:34 PM   #125
Grumpy
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by andoocure View Post
Can someone please explain how to perform a full re-scout? I've looked everywhere in the settings but can't seem to find it. I'm sure it was probably painfully obvious and staring me in the face at some point, but I just can't seem to find it on my own. Thanks in advance!
Look in Global Settings...left side of the column in Scouting Settings
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 06:53 PM   #126
nmatejka1
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by krownroyal83 View Post
Has anyone done any testing to compare to prepatch? If so could you kindly discuss your results please
First year draft:

Average difference in potential:
Very low -> 100% accuracy: 13.20451613. Max: 60 off Min: 0 off
Normal -> 100% accuracy: 8.397419355. Max: 55 off Min: 0 off
nmatejka1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 07:05 PM   #127
thegoldengod
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by krownroyal83 View Post

From my brief look at it, it's fixed.
thegoldengod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 09:32 PM   #128
IanIachimoe
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
Look in Global Settings...left side of the column in Scouting Settings

would that be "clean up scouting database"?

IanIachimoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 10:21 PM   #129
Grumpy
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanIachimoe View Post
would that be "clean up scouting database"?
There's a button that says "Run Full Re-Scouting", hit it!
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 11:50 PM   #130
byzeil
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonywvalentine View Post
As long as the commish isn't on steam, the easiest way to handle it...

Commish pulls all exports on the old version.
Saves and Exits
Patches game
Pulls any exports on the new version
(In this instance, run rescout)
Then sim as normal.

If the commish is on Steam and has already patched, then there isn't much that can be done.

That is the way I handle it. But being in one league isn't that hard to manage. The real issue comes up when multiple GMs are in multiple different leagues including multiple commissioners. Now you have issues in co-ordinating with multiple leagues some of which you may have little say over.

Again, I am very appreciative of the fix and understand it is something that needed to be done and that there is no way to please everyone on how it is done. That said at least giving people a heads up so they at least have a chance to try to coordinate things as opposed to finding up there was a patch when steam GMs exports started getting errors when trying to load them.
byzeil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 04:25 AM   #131
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePride87 View Post
Listen, I'll admit it, I've been that guy before. (Example: me hating Perfect Team's existence). And I'm bound to be disgruntled again at some point, I'm human. But I do understand the guy's frustration....I was there a bit too when I realized this bug really did exist. But I'm appreciative that it got addressed within a couple weeks....whether the team is small or not, let's not act like they're just sitting here doing nothing. I know OOTP 21 is in the works, and from a business perspective, that really has to be priority #1a for them atm, with fixes for OOTP 20 happening when they are able to get to it.

I appreciate the others who took the time to bring light to the issue....there was a reddit post from a year ago from someone who had caught it, but never really said anything to the OOTP devs about it. The people here in the community that cared enough made this fix happen. I appreciate you, you were a part of this.
Sometimes it's just a simple case of "we simply did not see the report"... around this time, all of our staff is busy doing something related to OOTP 21, so not every thread is looked at in detail, and it actually took an email to get our proper attention for this issue. Once we realized it is a big issue, we immediately fixed it as soon as possible and released a patch within 24 hours. I think that's not too bad
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 12:18 AM   #132
Dyzalot
All Star Starter

Just wanted to add my thanks to the team for getting a fix for this pushed for the current version. I expect that many other teams may have just decided to fix it for the next version since that's what you guys were concentrating on. I also post complaints and such at times and probably come off to some as not very appreciative but I've bought the last ten versions of this game and am always impressed at how often this company fixes bugs and makes improvements even after release and for many months afterwards. Kudos to you guys for isolating the problem and getting a fix out. Just another reason why I have no problems "blindly" purchasing each new version as close to release as is feasible for me. Again, many thanks.
Dyzalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 08:27 AM   #133
Sowega
Bat Boy

I don’t post much but have enjoyed the game for several years and enjoy these forums.
I appreciate the OOTP team and their quick response to this! You guys make a great product and do well by your customers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sowega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 10:50 AM   #134
Ball Four
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Hi Markus,

I saw in this thread there was some debate how long the OSA bug was active,maybe a couple of versions..

Is it fixed and patched on steam for OOTP 19 ?

Thank you for a great game.
Ball Four is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 05:33 PM   #135
IanIachimoe
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
There's a button that says "Run Full Re-Scouting", hit it!

not there in challenge mode.

IanIachimoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 06:09 PM   #136
Dyzalot
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanIachimoe View Post
not there in challenge mode.
I believe Markus answered in another thread that if you are in Challenge mode, then you'll have to wait for the automatic rescout that happens each month.
Dyzalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 10:05 AM   #137
jimmysthebestcop
Banned

Infractions: 0/2 (5)
If you want to look at small time developers who go above and beyond at communicating to their players check out The Trese Brothers.

3 games in the wild that have gotten constant relentless updates for their life cycle with a 4th game currently being developed.

They basically read and reply to almost every single thread spanning those 3 games on Steam not to mention their own forum and their Patreon and when they have active kickstarter campaigns. All that from 2 brothers. Oh I forgot the weekly dev stream sessions. Not just playing a game but actually getting into dev and suggestions/struggles from the players.

And their last title Star Trader Frontiers was named one of the decades best pc games by Rock Paper Shotgun. So they can bring it.

Yes different worlds as I am sure there are way more OOTP players. But the new generation of Indy devs has constant communication with the player fan base.

With Steam Early Access, Patreon, Kickstarter, Fig etc most of the new generation of indy development has to rely on constant back and forth from the player and the devs.

OOTP is starting to feel just like any Madden yearly release or any Call of Duty yearly release.

I could point to the abysmal FOF development cycle to help illustrate this point. That game basically had 2 small updates in 3+ years.

I totally believe as soon as the next version of OOTP is in development the fan base should start getting information, screenshots teasers, whatever. 1 month before MLB season kicks off is super short notice.
jimmysthebestcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 10:12 AM   #138
BIG17EASY
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmysthebestcop View Post
OOTP is starting to feel just like any Madden yearly release or any Call of Duty yearly release.
Sorry, but I'm calling 100% BS on this. We just got the latest patch that we've ever received for an issue that was discovered by users. If you think Madden, CoD or any other platform game of their magnitude is ever going to get that kind of treatment, you're nuts. Not to mention that the devs are very active on these boards. That's how this bug got fixed. We should be grateful they even acknowledged it, let alone fixed it.

If you want more input, feedback, information about the upcoming version etc., sign up for the beta team. Anyone can volunteer and be a part of the process from the start. I was part of the beta team for 3-4 years, but (sadly for me) time won't allow me to continue that contribution this year. All you have to do is send Lukas a DM and ask how you can get involved. Try doing that with the developers of Madden or CoD and see how far you get.

Sorry, /endrant.

Last edited by BIG17EASY; 01-24-2020 at 10:41 AM.
BIG17EASY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 10:48 AM   #139
jimmysthebestcop
Banned

Infractions: 0/2 (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG17EASY View Post
Sorry, but I'm calling 100% BS on this. We just got the latest patch that we've ever received for an issue that was discovered by users. If you think Madden, CoD or any other platform game of their magnitude is ever going to get that kind of treatment, you're nuts. Not to mention that the devs are very active on these boards. That's how this bug got fixed. We should be grateful they even acknowledged it, let alone fixed it.

If you want more input, feedback, information about the upcoming version etc., sign up for the beta team. Anyone can volunteer and be a part of the process from the start. I was part of the beta team for 3-4 years, but (sadly for me) time won't allow me to continue that contribution this year. All you have to do is send Lukas a DM and ask you how you can get involved. Try doing that with the developers of Madden or CoD and see how far you get.

Sorry, /endrant.
Disagree. One shouldn't have to be part of a "beta team" to get access to information for a game that is on a yearly release cycle. That is ridiculous. OOTP has this "no future info" policy.It doesn't belong in modern game development. Its how things were done in the "old days". OOTP must adapt. The devs not the game as that has adapted with Perfect Team.

The yearly release cycle has lost a lot of its luster. We know there will be a 21. And its an automatic buy for the overwhelming majority. But there is no build up. The yearly release cycle has become mundane. Its the norm. Just like Madden and COD. And there is no info, no teasers no anything to grab anyone's attention. Its just a conclusion that everyone will be interested in it cause its OOTP 21.

But at least those AAA games aforementioned, get information released about them basically a week after the current title hits the shelves. And they are covered by various media outlets and even celebrities to release teasers and trailers and info etc.

And if you don't follow CoD and its developers they are highly active on Twitter and Reddit. And address players concerns all of the time. It's just on such a grand scale its almost impossible for anyone to feel good about the interaction. They have to make changes for 20+ million players on 2 consoles and PC with cross play. Impossible to satisfy the crowd.

Yes OOTP devs interact on this forum. But I would not describe it as "very active". And again there isn't any mention of anything in the future. It doesn't sit well with me personally. Because every other PC/console game I follow from indy to AAA has a constant stream of future info flowing if it doesn't then it won't survive.

Maybe sim fans are different. Maybe the majority of OOTP fans don't cross other video game genres. But when you follow lots of genres of video games you can actually see OOTP devs lack of communication especially concerning anything in the future. Most Indy games are developed completely different then they were years ago. Its all about flowing info between player and devs during the life cycle.

Nothing I said makes OOTP a bad game. We all know it isn't. Nothing I said makes OOTP Devs bad. We all know they are Aces.

But I do think they have a weakness in communication of current games as well as future product information. I don't think that is a harsh criticism at all.

Most of us that are on OOTP forums are dinosaurs. Millennials think about games different. They are who will carry future generations of OOTP. And they are use to different marketing and communication from game devs.
jimmysthebestcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 10:58 AM   #140
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

The target audience is not a ten year old who needs to get "hyped" months before a game comes out.

They have a better idea of what marketing strategy works for them than you do.
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote