Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - 3D Models

Old 08-01-2019, 11:24 AM   #1
dishnet34
All Star Starter

What am I doing wrong with the auto-adjust?

I have been eternally having problems with auto-adjusting the grid for 3D stadiums, and I've finally made a short video on what I'm doing, to try to get help with what I'm doing, since I feel a visual would probably get me somewhere, hopefully. Am I just doing it wrong completely (I'm following the instructions to a T), or is something wrong with my game?

I hold the 1 button, and click on home plate. That works. I hold the 2 button and click on 1B, it doesn't work. I hold the 3 button and click on 3B, doesn't work. I click 4, and either nothing happens, or the 3D model disappears into the ether.

https://youtu.be/r37DAA0OuwM

"Find a way to be alone in a baseball stadium at sunrise, when the only sound you hear are about nine birds that got lost, and found themselves in a stadium, and they’re chirping across the grandstand trying to figure out where the f*** they ended up." -Dan Besbris

dishnet34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 06:55 PM   #2
nielsoncp
All Star Reserve

In all seriousness, one possible problem may be that home plate isn't aligned with the red and green axis in your model. I had an issue like that with a stadium a while ago and had the same kind of foolishness happen. Can you take a screencap of that model in Sketchup and post it here so we can see?
nielsoncp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 08:50 PM   #3
dishnet34
All Star Starter

Had to install a new version of SketchUp, but here is the ballpark, without any adjustments made to it. The axes are aligned properly.
Attached Images

"Find a way to be alone in a baseball stadium at sunrise, when the only sound you hear are about nine birds that got lost, and found themselves in a stadium, and they’re chirping across the grandstand trying to figure out where the f*** they ended up." -Dan Besbris

Old 08-02-2019, 07:58 AM   #4
Isedelyod
Hall Of Famer

It is one of my stadiums. Chances are the bases did not set properly when using the 1-2-3-4 hot keys. I know that on occasion, I have actually found it easier to apply those by flipping the model and setting them on the bottom of the field. For some reason they will not always set on the top of the model but will work on the bottom. You just have to remember first and third would be reversed. Not sure if that makes any sense or not.

My older mods-
https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=28c2b...3&action=Share

My newer mods (updated logos)
https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...Fg?usp=sharing
Isedelyod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 10:07 AM   #5
eriqjaffe
Hall Of Famer

I've also run into situations where simply copying and pasting the entire model into a new SketchUp file, re-aligning the axes, and re-exporting the OBJ file fixes this. No idea why, though.
Old 08-02-2019, 11:14 AM   #6
dishnet34
All Star Starter

Well, the thing is, the 1-2-3-4 hot keys have never worked for me. I follow the instructions the game gives, and most of the time I get the dot on home plate, but I NEVER get the dots on 1st/3rd. Don't know why, but that's been a problem dating back to 18 and a different computer.

Old 08-02-2019, 11:40 PM   #7
nielsoncp
All Star Reserve

I would try ised’s trick of lining them up underneath the field. If that doesn’t work I’d suggest posting your video to the bug report thread. The developers may know how to fix it.
nielsoncp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 08:54 PM   #8
godmode
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isedelyod View Post
It is one of my stadiums. Chances are the bases did not set properly when using the 1-2-3-4 hot keys. I know that on occasion, I have actually found it easier to apply those by flipping the model and setting them on the bottom of the field. For some reason they will not always set on the top of the model but will work on the bottom. You just have to remember first and third would be reversed. Not sure if that makes any sense or not.
So your saying view the model from the bottom and set the axis from home? Then go into ootp and set 1st as 3rd and vice versa?
godmode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 08:56 AM   #9
Isedelyod
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by godmode View Post
So your saying view the model from the bottom and set the axis from home? Then go into ootp and set 1st as 3rd and vice versa?
I guess you could visualize it that way. I just slowly move it so eye level just drops below the surface and you can see the bottom of the field and then set the hot keys like that. First base is still on the right side of the screen. Find that easier than actually flipping it over 180 degrees.

My older mods-
https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=28c2b...3&action=Share

My newer mods (updated logos)
https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...Fg?usp=sharing
Isedelyod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 02:29 PM   #10
dishnet34
All Star Starter

My personal thing is, the hot keys for me just don't plain work, other than the home plate one, but even that's inconsistent.

Old 10-30-2019, 06:58 PM   #11
godmode
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Yeah I don't know what the heck is going on. Everytime I load a model up now..the grid is way off and I cannot autoadjust. All of the colors seem to stick at homeplate. I tried flipping the entire model and setting the axis but apparently that seems to do nothing. So frustrating..trying to move the grid onto the field is near impossible to.
godmode is offline   Reply With Quote