Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 04-22-2019, 03:23 PM   #1
JTWDEC
Bat Boy

Can't even begin to play.

Everytime I try to start up the game it gives me the message that says it crashed the last time I used the game. I cannot play. After that it says "cannot copy file hints.txt to user data folder." I don't know what to do. I have been trying to fix this for the past 3 days. I've uninstalled this game like 20 times. I have looked this error up and found nothing that can help me. I'm very disappointed and upset about this whole plethora of errors. Can someone please help me. Please.
JTWDEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 11:35 AM   #2
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTWDEC View Post
Everytime I try to start up the game it gives me the message that says it crashed the last time I used the game. I cannot play. After that it says "cannot copy file hints.txt to user data folder." I don't know what to do. I have been trying to fix this for the past 3 days. I've uninstalled this game like 20 times. I have looked this error up and found nothing that can help me. I'm very disappointed and upset about this whole plethora of errors. Can someone please help me. Please.
Sorry for the slow reply, I'd missed this when you first posted.

Are you able to start the game at all?

If so, the way to work around this is to use a different data path.

To do so, open "Game settings" -> "Experts" tab and select another data path for OOTP like for example c:\ootp20

Then restart OOTP and it should work.

If the game doesn't open at all though, then you'll want to uninstall again and reinstall. This time, install the game to a simple basic folder, like the one mentioned above c:\ootp20

Does it work now? If not, let us know.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 12:08 PM   #3
cz6hp4
Bat Boy

I have the same problem now. I have tried reinstalling and still no joy, have even tried different hard drive location. Please help
cz6hp4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 12:13 PM   #4
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by cz6hp4 View Post
I have the same problem now. I have tried reinstalling and still no joy, have even tried different hard drive location. Please help
Have you tried the above suggestion about changing the data folder the game users? Did that change anything?

Old 05-28-2019, 07:16 AM   #5
cz6hp4
Bat Boy

The game won't even start so I can't go into other settings. I've tried different directories, drives, reinstalling etc, nothing happens. This is the first time I have had a problem with an OOTP game. Frustrating, please help.
Old 05-28-2019, 10:29 AM   #6
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by cz6hp4 View Post
The game won't even start so I can't go into other settings. I've tried different directories, drives, reinstalling etc, nothing happens. This is the first time I have had a problem with an OOTP game. Frustrating, please help.
When you try to start the game, do you get any error messages at all or does it just not run?

It'll help to have a bit more info about your system, what OS, specs, any other programs running at the same time as OOTP, as well as whether you're using the standalone, Steam or Origin versions of the game.

Old 05-28-2019, 06:50 PM   #7
cz6hp4
Bat Boy

Using Steam, upon trying to launch game error ootp.exe - Fatal Application Exit Could not copy file hints.txt to user data folder. Please reinstall Out of the Park Baseball.

Using Windows 10, not other apps running other than Steam, Steam overlay off. Specs high end, i7-8800k, 1080Ti, 32GB DDR4 RAM
Old 05-29-2019, 05:19 PM   #8
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Would you try uninstalling the game? After doing so, would you check both your steam directory and your documents folder and make sure that anything related to the game has been deleted from both folders. Lastly would you check your user folder for a (possibly hidden) folder. The directory should look something like this:

C:\Users\Me (or whatever your username on your pc is)\AppData\Roaming\Out of the Park Developments. Once you're in that folder, then delete the entire OOTP Baseball 20 folder.

After you do all this then restart your pc and try re-installing the game.

Let me know if that helps. If not let me know and we'll go through some other steps to try to get this resolved.

Old 05-30-2019, 11:15 AM   #9
cz6hp4
Bat Boy

Lukas, I enabled the hidden file show tick box and found some files related to some mod's I had installed in my unders folder and deleted these and it has fixed everything. I can now play OOTP20! Horray! Thanks for your help.