Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions

Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions Post suggestions for the next version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 03-23-2019, 09:09 PM   #21
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfb8300 View Post
Also, AI needs to heavily factor in injury rating when signing players. Especially to long term contracts.
You wouldn't sign Jacoby Ellsbury to a ten year contract?
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 09:11 PM   #22
AESP_pres
Hall Of Famer

Real team progression for the 19th century (disband teams works with the minor League so I don't see why it couldn't work in the major league) + UA and PL

Minor leagues before 1914... the players are there starting in 1886 so why not? It isn't different than adding the FL in 1914 or the Negro Leagues.

maybe next year, I can always hope

And I can't understand why it isn't done yet: In the game record page please add "Major League" records... the team records, the NL records, the AL records are there so why not the ML?

The complete set (1871 to 1959)

Just the update (1950 to 1959)

Last edited by AESP_pres; 03-23-2019 at 09:14 PM.
AESP_pres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 09:16 PM   #23
AESP_pres
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curve Ball Dave View Post
Right now we have lists of award winners, but not year by year category leaders, so yeah I agree.
And talking about that section, why not add World Series MVP...

The complete set (1871 to 1959)

Just the update (1950 to 1959)
AESP_pres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 09:18 PM   #24
sabrtoothtiger
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
I agree with these but BB% and K% are the same stat as BB/9 and K/9 only it's expressed differently.
We can filter k/9 but cannot search bb/9.
sabrtoothtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 09:22 PM   #25
Curve Ball Dave
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrtoothtiger View Post
We can filter k/9 but cannot search bb/9.

I see that and I find that odd. Adding BB/9 to the filters can't be that hard.
Old 03-23-2019, 11:40 PM   #26
TomVeal
All Star Starter

It would be wonderful to have less unrealistic (I won't be so ambitious as to hope for more realistic) finances.
TomVeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 03:10 AM   #27
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orioles1966 View Post
Better custom playoff system-Have a blank page(per round) and let me fill in the blanks(larger leagues have playoff problems). It might be fixed on the next update according to Matt Arnold.
It really isn't possible to have a truly flexible and open-ended playoff format creation system within any in-game menu-drive system. Even one to recreate the myriad of current and past playoff formats isn't really doable. There are just too many variables.

However, it is possible to create a schedule file-like playoff customization system that, because it isn't constrained by a menu system, could create any past or current playoff format, or even formats that don't exist at all. If you can imagine it, you could probably recreate it.

I have been developing and refining such a playoff system for some time now. It's too late for OOTP 20, but it could be done for next year. Keep in mind the system I have in mind is an 'advanced user' level feature, but the compensation is a truly flexible, open-ended system.

At some point I'll finalize the details, write them up, and pass them along to Matt et. al.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orioles1966 View Post
Ability to manually rainout games. I do a lot of changes with schedule editor and some teams have played too many games towards the end of the season and if I catch it in time then I could manually postpone it and then make correct changes. Too few games isn't a problem because they can be added at the end of the season.
The entire question of postponed and rescheduled games needs more work.

The first thing to note is that OOTP is actually quite unrealistic in that every league plays out its schedule in full every season. In real life, especially in the minors, clubs do not play out the full schedule because of postponements. Indeed, this is one of the unique aspects of baseball, yet OOTP does not recreate it.

OOTP should differentiate between the majors and minors when it comes to both postponement rates and the manner in which games are rescheduled. Also, it should allow clubs to sometimes not play out its full original schedule.
Le Grande Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 04:04 AM   #28
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Prospects rated by position rather than just the top 100. I think this well within what's possible.
Good idea! We'll probably add that in a patch
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 07:27 AM   #29
Reed
All Star Starter

A couple things.
1. In ADDITION to the weaken/adjust hitters/pitchers, put in a usage penalty such as “hitters/pitchers that exceed their real life ABs/IP (up to xx ABs) or IP)by XX% will have their ratings adjusted to replacement level”. For example you could set your weaken/adjust for batters to 200/100 and set the usage penalty to 400 ABs/20% so that batters with fewer than 400 ABs in real life will have their ratings reduced to replacement level if they exceed their real life ABs + 20%. I think this would be a very nice addition to historical play.
2. I like David Watt’s suggestion about improving league leaders by year but I would also like to see more team history such as consecutive win streak, losing streak, total runs or runs allowed by year, and maybe 3 or 4 other team records.

Great game. Wish it was possible to play this game 50 years ago. Thanks
Reed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 07:38 AM   #30
AirmenSmith
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfb8300 View Post
Also, AI needs to heavily factor in injury rating when signing players. Especially to long term contracts.
I actually felt like it does a good job here, at least in my fictional league. When free agency hits I always see more fragile players then normal or higher. Same for the trading block as well. I actually wish the trading block had some filter options so I can not even see those players.

New feature request, trading block has more parameters. Allow me to look for specific players based on certain things. So I could filter out fragile players with low leadership.

AirmenSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 07:34 PM   #31
jimmysthebestcop
Banned

Infractions: 0/2 (5)
Most important

1. 64 bit code
2. take advantage of modern multiple core/thread processors. Intel and AMD are in a core/thread war. This needs to be leveraged for sim time.
3. Completely updated GUI

The GUI is just dated and completely inconsistent from screen to screen. What is customizable and what is not. What has your custom views and what doesn't. What can be rearranged and what can't. Find/search/filter players are all inconsistent.

The engine needs to be brought into 2019 modern computing then the rest of everyone's ideas can be implemented.

But the most important is making the engine modern day. Unless Windows 11 doesn't sell a 32bit edition and forces OOTP to 64 bit like Apple did.

32 bit has been dead in Windows since basically 2009. Its now 2019!!!!!!!! Only specific use cases even use 32 bit Windows. You would have to jump through hoops to even get 32 bit Windows installed on any computer sold the last 10 years. Let alone today. Which is pretty impossible.

I mean this summer most likely 8 cores/16 threads will be standard with estimated speed of 5ghz barrier. And OOTP can't take advantage of it.Cause its code runs on a potato.
jimmysthebestcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 08:16 PM   #32
doors11
All Star Reserve

I've been waiting for some kind of Audio play by play, that can also be changed or modded by changing the sound files like we did for High Heat baseball 2003 that was 16 years ago, also a way to have announcer pictures for each time. instead of the microphone picture i know it can be changed ,but that's for the game not each team.
doors11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 09:55 PM   #33
Shoeless' Socks
Minors (Double A)

IMO...

1. MORE statistics. For a baseball sim, IMO the weakness of OOTP has always been that there aren't enough statistics.
2. Still more AI improvements. It gets better but IMO is still not logical in many aspects.
3. Complete overhaul of financials. The game just does not really understand contracts/finances/ etc.
4. PLEASE improve coaches universally or just get rid of it. IRL, an A ball manager would not be POOR. This is just completely broken and has been forever.
5. Tighten things up. Its still sloppy. Screens display words over other words, until this year the ability to toggle in menus would popup over other menus etc.
6. Ability to sort/search by ANY of the statistics. I should be able to sort/search for anything I want. IT'S A SPREADSHEET.
7. More customization in screens and player screens.
8. Ability to see the entire league's standings from the home screen without toggling League/Standings
9. EASIER mod integration for us non computer savvy folks.
10. Better documentation for things. Better manual and updated etc.
11. Perfect Team being a completely separate game.
Shoeless' Socks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 12:15 AM   #34
Lt. Bookman
Minors (Rookie Ball)

1. Improved trade AI
2. Improved contract AI
3. Ability to start a brand new game in a different phases of the offseason, like NBA 2K does. Either before FA, after FA, or right at opening day.
4. With the start dates, spring training for a new standard game. Why not release the game before spring training, then release the updated rosters on opening day?
5. 3 team trades
Lt. Bookman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 03:57 AM   #35
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmysthebestcop View Post
Most important

1. 64 bit code
2. take advantage of modern multiple core/thread processors. Intel and AMD are in a core/thread war. This needs to be leveraged for sim time.
3. Completely updated GUI

The engine needs to be brought into 2019 modern computing then the rest of everyone's ideas can be implemented.

But the most important is making the engine modern day. Unless Windows 11 doesn't sell a 32bit edition and forces OOTP to 64 bit like Apple did.

32 bit has been dead in Windows since basically 2009. Its now 2019!!!!!!!! Only specific use cases even use 32 bit Windows. You would have to jump through hoops to even get 32 bit Windows installed on any computer sold the last 10 years. Let alone today. Which is pretty impossible.

I mean this summer most likely 8 cores/16 threads will be standard with estimated speed of 5ghz barrier. And OOTP can't take advantage of it.Cause its code runs on a potato.
Regarding 1) 64 bit gives NO benefits other than more adressable memory, and 32 bit already offers plenty for OOTP, so we do not need this at all.
2) OOTP already uses proper multithreading capabilities of modern CPUs automatically.

So, what you are saying is not accurate
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 08:42 AM   #36
Mr. Marlin
All Star Starter

My biggest wants for a future OOTP:

History for the ***, LMB, Dominican, Puerto Rican, & Korean leagues much as they have done with historical minors. The *** would not be tough to do. The LMB would also be fairly easy back to the 1940's. It gets really messy before that. The KBO s only 37 years old so it should be doable.

Fully fleshed out Spring training. Designated facilities, realisitc spring schedules, etc. Minor League camps. This is more complex than it sounds I know. Probably not practical but you never know. I would LOVE to have this.

I'd love to see ballparks and park factors change as the years progress as they did historically speaking. I realize there are licensing issues with the images and that is why we don't have them in the game. Forget the 3D parks and images... we'll take care of that. Just make it so the park info progresses with time.

Somewhere down the road a in game utility to make or edit 3D parks. I know Markus wants to do this already someday. His dream is our dream too.

And as long as we are wishing my biggest want of all: Voiced PbP. Not speech to test but a real voice. I'd LOVE to export the PbP audio of an OOTP game to my phone or something and listen to it in my car on the way to work. Make that happen and I might even stop caring about real baseball. Maybe someday.
Mr. Marlin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 09:15 AM   #37
mitchkenn
Hall Of Famer

The Ability to play any minor league (i.e Negro League, or PCL) by itself, without having to delete all the other leagues, one at a time, or have them running in the background.

(if this is possible now, i must have missed it .....)
"I saw a young man leaning on his wooden crutch - He called out to me, 'Don't ask for so much' And a young woman leaning in her darkened door She cried out to me, 'Why not ask for more?' " - Leonard Cohen
"Hello darkness, my old Friend ...." - Paul Simon
Before Mays, before DiMaggio, there was Oscar Charleston.
"All the lies about Babe Ruth are true." - Waite Hoyt

Avatar is the late great Townes Van Zandt. rip.

Last edited by mitchkenn; 03-25-2019 at 09:16 AM.
mitchkenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 11:14 AM   #38
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

Okay here's some yesterday their were lots of moves like Trades,Signings,returning guys,Waviers and last 2 in Game don't happen intill opening day by Computer control Teams because yes they send NRI guys back before opening day but returning a Rule 5 guy,sending down to Minors,Waviers usly don't happen.
In like All-Time Greats QuickStart some guys missing,no History for guys like who Drafted by if Drafted,Year 2014 instead of 2019.
Futures Game,Home Run Derby,Hall of Fame Game instead of Celebrity Game
Live Play by Play,Computer Teams at Draft making Trades,been able to sign all Draft Picks to a Contract and in 2019 Draft yes I get some Historical guys but same guys none different and next year only guys who might not have signed
MILB League Evoultion so like let's say the Yankees contract with Triple-A team is up and doesn't want to renew it or team gets purchased by another team has to find a new home for team.
Old 03-26-2019, 12:39 AM   #39
Hockey13Playa
Hall Of Famer

Under personal details on the left hand side of a players profile page/tab I would like a new line item that shows when they were draft - round and pick. As it stands now if they sign as a free agent or get traded it shows that for how acquired, which I like and should remain but have a separate line item that instantly shows when they got drafted, and then "undrafted" if they weren't.

Furthermore, I think the draft should be hyper linked. Let me click on it and take me to that years draft to see the other players from that year.
Hockey13Playa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 03:54 AM   #40
Hockey13Playa
Hall Of Famer

Also more facegen variety. In a full fictional sim way to many players look pretty much exactly the same. I don’t know how to describe it better but there’s no variety
Hockey13Playa is offline   Reply With Quote