Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods

OOTP Mods Logos, roster packs, historical databases, OOTP tools, FaceGen files... it's all here!

Old 07-13-2015, 03:40 PM   #41
CBL-Commish
All Star Starter

Love this utility, plan on heavily using it in my fictional universe starting tonight.

One very minor quibble: the park factors break down at non-standard distances. You can make fence distances long enough and fences high enough so that you get negative HR factors. And you can never get the triples factor over about 2.000 even with 450-500 foot fences, 10,000+ foot high altitude, and high walls. In real life Coors Field has a 2.000+ factor for triples with much less extreme conditions. But all of that is pretty easily worked around with manual entry of adjusted factors in OOTP.
Old 07-13-2015, 05:14 PM   #42
eriqjaffe
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBL-Commish View Post
Love this utility, plan on heavily using it in my fictional universe starting tonight.

One very minor quibble: the park factors break down at non-standard distances. You can make fence distances long enough and fences high enough so that you get negative HR factors. And you can never get the triples factor over about 2.000 even with 450-500 foot fences, 10,000+ foot high altitude, and high walls. In real life Coors Field has a 2.000+ factor for triples with much less extreme conditions. But all of that is pretty easily worked around with manual entry of adjusted factors in OOTP.
Thanks!

And yeah, I know that the formulas don't really do well when you throw them a really odd park - take a look at the park Matt made way back in this thread. Someday I want to look into those caluclations more in-depth, but I'm not really a math guy so I doubt I could do much better than what's already there.
Old 07-23-2015, 11:58 PM   #43
eriqjaffe
Hall Of Famer

Just a quick bump to say that I've moved the Park Generator to a new (and less crappy) host.

The link in the first post is updated, but just in case:

OOTP Park Generator

Everything seems to work, let me know if anything is broken.
Old 08-04-2015, 03:15 AM   #44
RANGER11JP
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriqjaffe View Post
A couple of new features have been added:

1) You can now upload multiple images that will overlay on the field. Each one can be moved/scaled/rotated independently, and each image has an independent opacity control!

2) Custom mow patterns! You can now upload any png file and use it as a mow pattern. Like the overlay images, the opacity of the mow pattern can be set to your liking. Unlike overlay images, they are fixed in place due to the way they are handled. With that in mind, images that are 600x600 pixels will work best, but I've added a simple Photoshop/GIMP template to the site to help you if you want to make your own.

So this means you can make a park like this with just a few clicks:

Have fun!
I am not getting what 1 does. Can anyone post an example? I keep getting an error message. I am using Chrome.
Also a bit perplexed by the day/night thing.
Thanks.
JP
Old 08-04-2015, 06:44 PM   #45
eriqjaffe
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RANGER11JP View Post
I am not getting what 1 does. Can anyone post an example? I keep getting an error message. I am using Chrome.
The overlay image is just what it says - an image you upload that just sits on top of the park image - the button in the utility is "Upload Field Image". The idea was to replicate things like the Old English "D" behind home plate at Comerica Park:

It's not a perfect implementation since I haven't been able to limit it to the field area (it literally overlays the entire image), but you can resize the image and adjust the opacity to your liking. The mow pattern is a bit different, as that is limited to the grass parts of the field. In the example image, the Creative Commons logos (the one in the outfield and the one behind the plate) are "overlay" images, and the honeycomb pattern is a custom mow pattern:

What is the error message you're getting? I'm able to upload both images just fine in Chrome on my PC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RANGER11JP View Post
Also a bit perplexed by the day/night thing.
The day and night images that come in the zip file are intended for use with the "broadcast" view in-game. Just put those images somewhere and assign them as the day and night pictures, the same as OOTP has been able to do for several years now.
Old 08-11-2015, 05:52 AM   #46
MarkInCincy
All Star Reserve

Is there a chance you could make it so dimensions could be bigger? I have only played with CF and if you make it over around 470 ft it gets chopped off so you cannot see the deepest part/distance markers
Old 08-11-2015, 10:18 AM   #47
eriqjaffe
Hall Of Famer

To be honest, I don't know. I've never really looked into that before.
Old 08-11-2015, 03:18 PM   #48
RANGER11JP
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriqjaffe View Post
The overlay image is just what it says - an image you upload that just sits on top of the park image - the button in the utility is "Upload Field Image". The idea was to replicate things like the Old English "D" behind home plate at Comerica Park:

It's not a perfect implementation since I haven't been able to limit it to the field area (it literally overlays the entire image), but you can resize the image and adjust the opacity to your liking. The mow pattern is a bit different, as that is limited to the grass parts of the field. In the example image, the Creative Commons logos (the one in the outfield and the one behind the plate) are "overlay" images, and the honeycomb pattern is a custom mow pattern:

What is the error message you're getting? I'm able to upload both images just fine in Chrome on my PC.

The day and night images that come in the zip file are intended for use with the "broadcast" view in-game. Just put those images somewhere and assign them as the day and night pictures, the same as OOTP has been able to do for several years now.
Thanks, this was helpful. I will need to go back and see what the error message was or if it is still happening. It could have been "operator error"!
Old 08-14-2015, 04:26 PM   #49
PW MAX
Minors (Triple A)

Love this A LOT!!!! Many thanks for making it.

Finally, The EMPIRE Stadium, (home to the New York Hawks), lives at last! Just imagine an EPIC Hawk statue with wings outstretched in an enclave just beyond that centerfield wall, and a couple Hall Of Fame displays in 'the box' as well.

***Edit***
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkInCincy View Post
Is there a chance you could make it so dimensions could be bigger? I have only played with CF and if you make it over around 470 ft it gets chopped off so you cannot see the deepest part/distance markers
Dang, just noticed that myself. Did it to mine too. Still love my park though.

Thanksgiving Day, 1998 - October 28, 2011

Last edited by PW MAX; 08-14-2015 at 05:02 PM.
PW MAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 06:03 PM   #50
RchW
Hall Of Famer

I can't believe I missed this thread until today. Outstanding contribution by Eriq.

RichW

#stopthestupid

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
RchW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 05:11 PM   #51
Bottom Of The Sixth
All Star Starter

I too, just came across this today.

Super great program.

Thanks Eriq for creating it and most importantly being so willing to share it with us!
Bottom Of The Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 07:54 PM   #52
jpeters1734
Hall Of Famer

This is awesome!!! This past year have been huge in the mod community! When I first started playing with 15, there were no utilities. Now I can make my own logos, uniform, and now stadiums easily! The next great utility should be a schedule maker and then ootp will be complete

Founder and League Caretaker of the Professional Baseball Circuit, www.probaseballcircuit.com

An Un-Official Guide to Minor League Management in OOTP 21

Ratings Scale Conversion Cross-Reference Cheat Sheet
jpeters1734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 10:41 PM   #53
RANGER11JP
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeters1734 View Post
This is awesome!!! This past year have been huge in the mod community! When I first started playing with 15, there were no utilities. Now I can make my own logos, uniform, and now stadiums easily! The next great utility should be a schedule maker and then ootp will be complete
a schedule maker that makes schedules based on the pitching rotations of the era! Oh what a dream that would be.
Old 08-26-2015, 06:35 PM   #54
Mr. Marlin
All Star Starter

Just checking to ensure I'm not doing something wrong, the game is not capable of importing the XML file with the stadium info correct? All I'm really doing is importing the pictures, the rest must be entered manually correct?
Mr. Marlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 06:49 PM   #55
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Marlin View Post
Just checking to ensure I'm not doing something wrong, the game is not capable of importing the XML file with the stadium info correct? All I'm really doing is importing the pictures, the rest must be entered manually correct?
That's my understanding, as well, with the caveat that something may be worked out, maybe in time for v17.
Old 08-27-2015, 02:12 PM   #56
eriqjaffe
Hall Of Famer

Yes, the XML is just kinda there because it's easy to generate, it doesn't really do anything at the moment. I may implement a "reload" feature where you can upload the xml file and recreate the park, but that's about it.

I've tried to get the utility to generate the .prk files that OOTP uses when it imports and exports parks but so far haven't been able to create a working .prk file. I know what all the bytes of the file format are thanks to Markus, I just haven't been able to get the utility to generate a file that actually works.
Old 08-30-2015, 06:13 PM   #57
TNIRISHFAN
Minors (Single A)

This is fantastic. If we get the ability to generate and import into the actual game it will be a dream come true. As is you have taken all of this to a new fantastic level.
Thank you.
TNIRISHFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 03:22 PM   #58
Klew1986
Hall Of Famer

If I use this to create ballparks for my fictional game, do I need to go through and edit ball locations? I know I would have to re-arrange where it would show the players and runners.
Klew1986 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 05:47 PM   #59
eriqjaffe
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klew1986 View Post
If I use this to create ballparks for my fictional game, do I need to go through and edit ball locations? I know I would have to re-arrange where it would show the players and runners.
At the moment, yes, although the infield positions would always be the same.

Auto-calculating ball locations and player coordinates is on my list - in fact, ball locations should already be done since I had to try and figure those out when I was fighting the .PRK file format, although I've never tested them out.
Old 09-01-2015, 07:21 PM   #60
wwines
Minors (Triple A)

Deleted, I figured it out. Thanks for making this it has really brought a new level to my fictional league.

Last edited by wwines; 09-01-2015 at 07:24 PM. Reason: Figured it out.
wwines is offline   Reply With Quote