Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - Technical Support

OOTP 16 - Technical Support If you have problems with the game, please see here.

Old 04-08-2015, 09:33 PM   #861
lwlion
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Whoops, sorry. Potential was 40 not 42, my mistake.
lwlion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 10:49 PM   #862
The Game
Hall Of Famer

pbp error, shouldn't it be the 5 hole not the 5.5 hole?
Attached Images
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 11:13 PM   #863
MorseMoose
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 1/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
Would a ball going through a player's 5-hole also be an error and not a single (and probably not an RBI either)?
MorseMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 01:18 AM   #864
whytev
Bat Boy

Quote:
It should open to the OOTP 15 saved games folder from there select your league and select the World.dat file. Rename the import to what it was or something new and import.
It opens to the folder and shows me only an empty box. And yes, the default folder is where the file I want to import is located.
whytev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 02:12 AM   #865
diamondparoxysm
Minors (Single A)

Still think you have the playoff roster rules wrong.

Last year MLB changed it to if the player was in the ORGANIZATION by August 31, then they are eligible to be on the playoff roster.

I might be wrong here, but September call-ups should be eligible.

Of course they have to be on the 40-man.
diamondparoxysm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 06:59 AM   #866
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
As a follow up to this post:

I had a manager listed with "great" reputation, who won the Manager of the Year award last season. Next season rolls around, and his reputation is now listed as "inexperienced."

Is there possibly a bug where manager repuation will decrease/fluctuate that rapidly in one season?

Also, he has 27 years experience!

I have uploaded the league files. It is named hf18ootp16.lg

The manager in question is Moe Hill of the human-controlled Toronto Blue Jays.

Thanks!
Thanks. I see - we have 2 different ways to calculate reputation, depending how much history and experience a coach has, and I guess the transition wasn't too smooth. I'll clean it up.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 07:19 AM   #867
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondparoxysm View Post
Still think you have the playoff roster rules wrong.

Last year MLB changed it to if the player was in the ORGANIZATION by August 31, then they are eligible to be on the playoff roster.

I might be wrong here, but September call-ups should be eligible.

Of course they have to be on the 40-man.
Players in the organization are eligible to be added to the playoff roster, if one of the main eligible players is placed on the DL. The original players on the playoff roster are only those on the active roster or DL (or rehab assignments) as of August 31.
Old 04-09-2015, 09:44 AM   #868
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

An old bug is still around...

I am managing my own games and have full control of substitutions.

When I player gets injured in the field on the third out of the inning AND that same player is due up to bat first in the next half inning, the AI does the substitution, putting in a PH.

It shouldn't do that.

````````````````````````````````````````

rpriske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 11:08 AM   #869
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
The "5.5 hole" is the hole between the third baseman (5) and shortstop (6).
pstrickert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 11:17 AM   #870
Habsfan18
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
Thanks. I see - we have 2 different ways to calculate reputation, depending how much history and experience a coach has, and I guess the transition wasn't too smooth. I'll clean it up.
Thanks Matt. Reputation doesn't have an affect on player development or anything like that, right? Or, if a managers reputation decreases like that, does his coaching ratings decrease as well?

Just want to know if I should continue playing the file or if I should wait for the next patch.
Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 11:23 AM   #871
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
Thanks Matt. Reputation doesn't have an affect on player development or anything like that, right? Or, if a managers reputation decreases like that, does his coaching ratings decrease as well?

Just want to know if I should continue playing the file or if I should wait for the next patch.
Don't worry about the reputation changes By mid-season I believe he should no longer be "inexperienced" and no, his reputation won't impact development.
Old 04-09-2015, 11:42 AM   #872
josiah72
Bat Boy

This is an update to an earlier post to which I never got a response. If I set my scouting option to make scouting ratings display relative to Major League Baseball, then my scout's overall ratings exactly match the OSA overall ratings. If I uncheck that option, then they differ. They match exactly whether I have the ratings display as stars or numbers.

Does anyone know what the problem here is, or if it is a problem at all?

Thank you.
josiah72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 12:01 PM   #873
diamondparoxysm
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
Players in the organization are eligible to be added to the playoff roster, if one of the main eligible players is placed on the DL. The original players on the playoff roster are only those on the active roster or DL (or rehab assignments) as of August 31.
In "eligible for playoff roster" they never show the September call-ups even though they are eligible. i.e. Gary Brown, Juan Perez, Hunter Strickland, Guillermo Quiroz were all on the playoff roster last year.

In the wild card games, every team left 2 or 3 of their "main" starting pitchers off the roster, because they can make changes to the playoff roster in between series'.
diamondparoxysm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 12:37 PM   #874
Habsfan18
Hall Of Famer

Not sure if it's a bug, but Jose Abreu won the AL MVP in 2015, and it lists his team as the Chicago White Sox. In my game however, he played only 16 games for them in 2015. He was traded to the Jays early in the season and played 145 games for them. Shouldn't his team be listed as Toronto?

Also, 2 years in a row now one of the Cy Young winners (one in AL, one in NL) have been closers. Just a coincidence? I'll report if another closer is awarded a Cy Young after the 3rd season.
Attached Images
Old 04-09-2015, 12:40 PM   #875
Habsfan18
Hall Of Famer

Note that the years K. Pape is listed as the AL DH Silver Slugger winners (04, 05, 06, 07, 11, 13) it should be Davd Ortiz.
Attached Images
Old 04-09-2015, 12:57 PM   #876
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

On that same list, Robin Yount is listed as the winner in 1989 in RF. He played CF, not RF.
Old 04-09-2015, 01:00 PM   #877
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

It looks like there are some other OFs placed in the wrong position. Canseco in CF?
Old 04-09-2015, 01:58 PM   #878
saturninesweet
Bat Boy

Random crashes during games

I've had this problem with every update and the original release. Game will randomly crash while playing a game. Just hangs up sometimes, crashes all the way out, others. The latest crash wiped out my saved file, too, as it now comes up corrupt, so...yeah. I have to start all over. This seems like an awfully major bug to still be kicking around, so I decided to report it.

Uploaded file is Crashcorrupt.zip

My suspicion is that it's tied to the 3D view, as there's a bit of a hang--less than a second, with my text rendering set to 111 millisecond delay per line--on every pitch, just before the ball is rendered, and that is the same point where the game will periodically crash.

System is Windows 8.1, plenty of hard drive space, 16 GB RAM, nvidia graphics. Shouldn't be system related, I wouldn't think. It's custom installed on a RAM drive--this game killed a previous SSD due to the high amount of writes, so I've been using a RAM drive for the last few years--but otherwise, it's a standard install with no mods.

EDIT: Wanted to add that when I try to load the saved file, it says it's from an old install or corrupt and to attempt to load via import. (It's an OOTP 16 saved game.) On attempting to load, it says it is a save from version -1. Apparently it crashed into an alternate universe.

Last edited by saturninesweet; 04-09-2015 at 02:04 PM. Reason: Further details
saturninesweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 02:05 PM   #879
jnichols78
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondparoxysm View Post
In "eligible for playoff roster" they never show the September call-ups even though they are eligible. i.e. Gary Brown, Juan Perez, Hunter Strickland, Guillermo Quiroz were all on the playoff roster last year.

In the wild card games, every team left 2 or 3 of their "main" starting pitchers off the roster, because they can make changes to the playoff roster in between series'.
The Royals used roster tricks to pull that off. Those players all replaced players that were on the disabled list as of August 31. In addition, the Royals opened up an extra spot by calling up Michael Mariot with a few days left in August and immediately placed him on the 60 day DL to free up both a 40 man spot and yet another playoff roster spot that could be replaced by anyone on the 40 man roster of their choosing.
jnichols78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 02:18 PM   #880
Imperialism32
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by josiah72 View Post
This is an update to an earlier post to which I never got a response. If I set my scouting option to make scouting ratings display relative to Major League Baseball, then my scout's overall ratings exactly match the OSA overall ratings. If I uncheck that option, then they differ. They match exactly whether I have the ratings display as stars or numbers.

Does anyone know what the problem here is, or if it is a problem at all?

Thank you.
Check your Scouting Accuracy setting. Sounds like it's set at 100% accurate.
Imperialism32 is offline   Reply With Quote