Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - Historical Simulations

OOTP 14 - Historical Simulations Discuss historical simulations and their results in this forum.

Old 01-15-2014, 10:13 AM   #1
Comedian2004
Hall Of Famer

Greatest lineup ever

I want to create a league that has all the teams in it, but with the greatest at each position. For instance, for the Yankees, 1927 Lou will be at 1B, 1921 Ruth in Left, etc. No repeating players. I am starting out with just the Yankees, Tigers, Red Sox and Orioles. This is going to take a while to do.

Here is how I am doing it. I create the team by research, I can usually find a starting point on the net. I create a text file with the player's database names followed by a comma and the year. Then import that team is using the text file. It puts them all into the free agent pool and I assign them to the correct team.

But my main starting point was to create fictional team and release all the players and I deleted all the other teams, except the 4 I am doing first. Eventually, I will add the other AL teams and then the NL teams. This could be a lot of fun but will take a while to complete.

But I can't figure out how to delete all the fictional players from the pool. Anyone know? When complete, I will post the league somewhere along with the text files, so you can tweak the teams and import them into a league.
Old 01-15-2014, 01:21 PM   #2
Bristolduke
All Star Starter

Under league setup> function > release all players
Commish of the On-Line Dynasty League
SIMBL2 - Westbury Cannons
Great Lakes Baseball - Toledo Neptunes
World Baseball - Guantanamo Marines
OMLB - Cincinnati Reds
Bristolduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 04:26 PM   #3
Comedian2004
Hall Of Famer

That will just release all of the to the pool. They are already in the pool. I want them deleted. Killed. Maimed. Trashed. Dumped in acid so no CSI team will find them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bristolduke View Post
Under league setup> function > release all players
Old 01-15-2014, 05:00 PM   #4
canaveral
Minors (Double A)

Hey, fellow Floridian. How about the free agent page - delete all free agents button down at the bottom?
canaveral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 08:02 PM   #5
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comedian2004 View Post
I want to create a league that has all the teams in it, but with the greatest at each position. For instance, for the Yankees, 1927 Lou will be at 1B, 1921 Ruth in Left, etc. No repeating players. I am starting out with just the Yankees, Tigers, Red Sox and Orioles. This is going to take a while to do.

Here is how I am doing it. I create the team by research, I can usually find a starting point on the net. I create a text file with the player's database names followed by a comma and the year. Then import that team is using the text file. It puts them all into the free agent pool and I assign them to the correct team.

But my main starting point was to create fictional team and release all the players and I deleted all the other teams, except the 4 I am doing first. Eventually, I will add the other AL teams and then the NL teams. This could be a lot of fun but will take a while to complete.

But I can't figure out how to delete all the fictional players from the pool. Anyone know? When complete, I will post the league somewhere along with the text files, so you can tweak the teams and import them into a league.
Before you import you new players you can either go team by team or from the FA screen and mass select everyone - right click -delete. I believe you have to be in Commish mode for the mass select.
Attached Images
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 02:12 PM   #6
Chief Wahoo
Major Leagues

Great idea Comedian. I did this sevral years and versions ago and had the roster set posted here for a while, not sure if any copies still exist or not? Would love to see what you come up with when you get it finished.