Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - Public Beta Test > FHM - Beta Data Issues

Old 04-04-2013, 10:23 AM   #101
silvam14
Hall Of Famer

Kaspars Daugavins should be moved from OTT -> BOS
Old 04-04-2013, 05:29 PM   #102
Parker27
Minors (Single A)

My question can you make Fighter little better? Not single team is playing their enforcers in this game. Is tough when you play Boston and you have no one to fight :-)

But serious fighters dont play and fighters dont fight. In my game Ovechkin and Crosby are fighting. And Jamie Benn all the time. And if somebody is injured teams dont play their fighters and they call some nobody from farm.

I need little more fights and fighters playing. In real life they are playing lots. Not that much we use to see in 80 and 90. But guys like Boll, Dorsett, Reaves, McGrattan, Orr, McLaren, Carkner, Martin, Rinaldo, Scott, Kaleta, Prust, Westgarth, Barch, Bickel, Asham, Konopka, Rupp, Tootoo, Erkskine, Peluso, Parros, Labrie, Crombeen, Brookbank, Bollig/Mayers, Bordeleau, Brown, Bissonnette etc etc are playing almoust every game.

Misconduct more and injured after hit and suspensions.
Old 04-05-2013, 04:32 AM   #103
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvam14 View Post
Kaspars Daugavins should be moved from OTT -> BOS
Oops, missed that one, it'll be in next week.
Old 04-10-2013, 05:12 PM   #104
OpusTheFowl
Minors (Double A)

Database Error
Sept 1st 2012 - Pittsburgh Penguins

Iginla is showing on the team already and is captain
Crosby is assistant captain

EDIT
Actually, its seems the 2012 season start-point is super current (trade deadline). ie Bishop is in Tampa

Last edited by OpusTheFowl; 04-10-2013 at 05:19 PM.
Old 04-11-2013, 03:33 PM   #105
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

Also up to date Injured List to.
Old 04-11-2013, 04:02 PM   #106
tcblcommish
Hall Of Famer

The moves were made in the last update to reflect the current season rosters, not the beginning ones.
Old 04-12-2013, 09:48 AM   #107
jbsnadb
All Star Starter

PHILADELPHIA FLYERS: Ed Snider should be listed as primary Team Owner, not this other guy I've never heard of.
"And as I wander with my music through the jungles of Despair, my kid will learn guitar and find a street corner somewhere. There he'll make the silence listen to the dream behind the voice, and show his minstrel Hamlet daddy that there only was one choice."
Old 04-12-2013, 12:33 PM   #108
jbsnadb
All Star Starter

Someone needs to look at the scouting report on Ilya Bryzgalov. It seriously says:

[40-237] Ilya Bryzgalov has a balanced and normal personality.

I kid you not.
"And as I wander with my music through the jungles of Despair, my kid will learn guitar and find a street corner somewhere. There he'll make the silence listen to the dream behind the voice, and show his minstrel Hamlet daddy that there only was one choice."
Old 04-12-2013, 01:05 PM   #109
Vikke

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbsnadb View Post
PHILADELPHIA FLYERS: Ed Snider should be listed as primary Team Owner, not this other guy I've never heard of.
Who's listed as team owner now?
Old 04-12-2013, 03:38 PM   #110
jbsnadb
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikke View Post
Simon Nolet. Snider is in there too, but on the Personnel screen he's the one in the upper left corner.
Old 04-12-2013, 05:36 PM   #111
Vikke

Quote:
Simon Nolet. Snider is in there too, but on the Personnel screen he's the one in the upper left corner.
Yeah, Nolet is a scout who's got the wrong job in the database. I'm sure Michael, or JeffR, will correct it. Don't worry, it'll be fixed next DB update.
Old 04-12-2013, 07:50 PM   #112
jbsnadb
All Star Starter

Quote:
Quote:
Yeah, Nolet is a scout who's got the wrong job in the database. I'm sure Michael, or JeffR, will correct it. Don't worry, it'll be fixed next DB update.
Speaking of scouts...

Why does it seem none of the currently employed scouts have any scouting skill? All seem to be "Very Poor" in all categories.
Old 04-13-2013, 04:39 AM   #113
archibalduk
All Star Starter

Quote:
Speaking of scouts...

Why does it seem none of the currently employed scouts have any scouting skill? All seem to be "Very Poor" in all categories.
We haven't started rating non-players yet.
Old 04-13-2013, 10:34 AM   #114
jbsnadb
All Star Starter

Can they at least be assigned random values? I hate having to replace entire staffs as a result.
Old 04-14-2013, 01:06 AM   #115
alslammerz
Minors (Rookie Ball)

New Jersey Devils data issues

Just downloaded the newest version of the beta. Some quick glance issues with NJD and their minor league team that I thought I'd post. These do not include changes that would have happened post-trade deadline (ie - the signing of ATO's for the A-Devs).

Roster - Missing Players
RW - Tom Kostopoulos #25 (was claimed on waivers from Pittsburgh on March 6)

Roster - Incorrectly Assigned Players
RW - Steve Bernier #18 (assigned to Albany in game; currently a 3rd/4th liner on NJD)
LW - Krystopher Barch #22 (assigned to Albany in game; currently a healthy scratch for the NHL squad)

Imagine the problem is that the Devils currently have no roster limit in real life but the game starts under a 23 person roster rule.

Roster - Players No Longer With Team
RW - Bobby Butler #16 (assigned to Albany in game; was picked up on waivers by Nashville on March 4)

Roster - Incorrect Data
Anton Volchenckov is listed as the Captain in game. That distinction belongs to Bryce Salvador instead.
Jacob Josefson is no longer #16 for the Devils, as he is in the game. He currently wears #9.
Matt D'Agostini wears #16 for the Devils, not #36.

Coaching Staff
Nick Kirk is listed as an Assistant Coach. There is no Nick Kirk currently working for the New Jersey Devils.
Chandler Wooten is listed as an Assistant Coach for the Albany Devils. There is no such person working in the Devils organization.

Also on another note, kudos to the research team for the NCAA research. It's slightly odd to have the players who have turned pro off the rosters but I understand why it is like that (because all the rosters are from the trade deadline even if the season is from this past October.)
Old 04-14-2013, 06:51 AM   #116
jbsnadb
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by alslammerz View Post
Imagine the problem is that the Devils currently have no roster limit in real life but the game starts under a 23 person roster rule.
There is a limit of 23 players on NHL rosters, not including players on injured reserve.
Old 04-14-2013, 05:05 PM   #117
Vikke

Kirk and Wooten aren't in the DB, they might be, most likely, game-created to fill the database with a sufficient number of staff.
Old 04-14-2013, 05:09 PM   #118
alslammerz
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
There is a limit of 23 players on NHL rosters, not including players on injured reserve.
In October when the game starts - yes. But after the trade deadline, there is no NHL roster limit. Which is why I noted that the actual problem just had to do with up-to-date rosters (every team can have more than 23 players) v. October start time (when every team can have no more than 23 players).

Quote:
23-man Roster
There may be a maximum of 23 players on each Club's playing roster at any one time from the commencement of the NHL regular season through the trade deadline. Prior to the start of the season, each Club must submit to the NHL its "Opening Day Playing Roster" which shall be comprised of not more than 23 players. Each Club must have a roster of at least 20 players, composed of 18 skaters and two goaltenders. Players on Injured Reserve do not count in the 23-man limit.
Hockey Operations Guidelines - NHL.com - NHL Headquarters

As for the specific players, Bernier probably should not be one of the players to be in Albany, seeing as he's been on the roster for the last season-plus without being sent down. Should probably be Josefson who starts in Albany in game. Of course it's moot considering when the non-beta release will be and that the rosters will be completely different.

Quote:
Kirk and Wooten aren't in the DB, they might be, most likely, game-created to fill the database with a sufficient number of staff.
That's what I figured, although it's odd for the game to create an assistant for the main squad as they already have four/five in game (the two behind the bench assistants Dave Barr and Scott Stevens, goaltending coach Chris Terreri, and 2 "special assignments" coaches who are all represented as coaches in the game.) For Albany it makes more sense as their real life staff is simply the head coach, an assistant coach, and a goaltending coach.

Last edited by alslammerz; 04-14-2013 at 05:12 PM.
Old 04-16-2013, 08:34 PM   #119
QMJHL_GUY

As a guy who watches 90% of Habs games I think there are some issues with the team's ratings. Not sure if they have been updated yet but with the current datas here are some thoughts for the researchers:

- Gorges and Bouillon arnt that good offensively
- Emelin is just decent defensively but is really physical
- Desharnais should have better playmaking skills
- Subban's defending and hockey sense should be higher
- Ryder is a pure shooter and sucks at puckhandling/playmaking
- Galchenyuk's shooting skills should be a bit higher
- Gallagher's skills should be bumped up a bit

POTENTIAL:
Gorges, Markov and Gionta should be lower

Galchenyuk, Eller, Subban, Gallagher should be higher

I'm guessing AHL isn't that big of a concern right now so I'll wait a bit for those comments.
Old 04-18-2013, 03:47 PM   #120
Skills
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I posted this in general discussion but I'm hoping you'll able to fix the draft til the next patch because this made the game unplayable for me and a friend.

You can't draft Russian players in the draft.

Another problem with the draft is that players like Barkov, Ristolainen aren't eligble in the NHL 2013 Entry Draft when they should be.

RFA rights don't work at all. Pietrangelo, Rask, Gibson among alot of other players became UFA when their contracts expired after the first season. Neither can you offer your RFAs with only 1 year left of their contract a new one, so they'll just leave as UFA even though they're far from hitting it.