Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Names and Nations
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-2006, 12:28 AM   #1
mtw
All Star Reserve

Nations.txt--limited to 4 ethnicities?

Is each country limited to 4 ethnicities?

Also, does ethnicity % adding up to more than 100% cause any problem? I noted that several countries have 101%.

Thanks for help.
Old 06-04-2006, 07:53 AM   #2
battists
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtw
Is each country limited to 4 ethnicities?

Also, does ethnicity % adding up to more than 100% cause any problem? I noted that several countries have 101%.

Thanks for help.
I believe 4 is the limit. Raidergoo and I tried 5 but it behaved a little goofy. No crashes or anythings, but the numbers didn't look quite right.

I think the % should add up to 100, but again, it doesn't blow up if they aren't.
battists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 10:06 AM   #3
Bobble
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by battists
I believe 4 is the limit.
I have to confess, I'm a little disappointed at the somewhat narrow limits on customization. Only 4 ethnicities, only 40 countries,...things like that. I'm surprised in an extremely customizeable game like this, those boundaries weren't pushed out a lot farther. Ten ethnicities for every country even though the default only uses 4, two hundred possible countries even though the game only ships with a default 40, etc. It would be so much cleaner if I could just add my own bizarre fictional data on the end of the current files rather than have to replace something that's already there. Oh, well, maybe in the future...

Bobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 10:09 AM   #4
treedom
Hall Of Famer

The 40 namesets limit is definitely a head scratcher. Why 40!? Why not 64? 128? 256?

Seems arbitrary.

Last edited by treedom; 06-07-2006 at 10:12 AM.
treedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 10:33 AM   #5
Raidergoo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobble
I have to confess, I'm a little disappointed at the somewhat narrow limits on customization. Only 4 ethnicities, only 40 countries,...things like that. I'm surprised in an extremely customizeable game like this, those boundaries weren't pushed out a lot farther. Ten ethnicities for every country even though the default only uses 4, two hundred possible countries even though the game only ships with a default 40, etc. It would be so much cleaner if I could just add my own bizarre fictional data on the end of the current files rather than have to replace something that's already there. Oh, well, maybe in the future...
Good points on customization.

How does FM handle this?
Raidergoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 11:04 AM   #6
Bobble
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raidergoo
Good points on customization.

How does FM handle this?
Basically, FM has a pre-game editor that, as far as I can see, is intended to be used to adjust the default league slightly. FM isn't intended to simulate anything but the current state of soccer (football) in the world today. You could use the editor to replace a team or a player or even a country, but that doesn't seem to be the intention of the editor. FM isn't meant at all for customization of the league data (skins and graphics, sure, but not really the data).

Old 06-07-2006, 11:23 AM   #7
Raidergoo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
FM isn't intended to simulate anything but the current state of soccer (football) in the world today.
I couldn't play a footie sim if they couldn't add Hobbits.

Raidergoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 11:49 AM   #8
Bobble
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raidergoo
I couldn't play a footie sim if they couldn't add Hobbits.

You know you're talking to the guy who actually DID a hobbit league....

Old 06-07-2006, 04:03 PM   #9
Dogzilla
Major Leagues

Quote:
The 40 namesets limit is definitely a head scratcher. Why 40!? Why not 64? 128? 256?
40 would seem like a lot if the game shipped with only 3 or 4 filled up...but when the game comes with 40 all filled, you already have to replace existing sets to add one...
I would certainly like to see the cap raised.
Dogzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 04:05 PM   #10
kingcharlesxii
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Just to be clear there's a lot more than 40 countries. There's only 40 namesets though.

OOTP Grand League Champion 2015
kingcharlesxii is offline   Reply With Quote