Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 10-10-2019, 01:15 PM   #1
damonrusst
Major Leagues

Tutorial on contracts and waivers

Is there a wiki anywhere for this game? Looking for some help.

I have never really figured out the details on how contracts work in this game as far as minor league contracts, 40 man rosters, waivers, DFA etc.

When I call a prospect up during September, he goes on a minimum MLB contract. Is there a way to get him back on a minor league contract for the next season?

What exactly does waiving a player do besides removing him from the 40 man roster. They are available to other teams for 3 days and then they go on a minor league contract? Or do they stay on a major league contract?

Anyway, if anyone could help me out with this, it would be much appreciated. Or if there's a wiki, please send me to that.

Thanks in advance.
damonrusst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 02:46 PM   #2
OzzyOz23
Minors (Single A)

Quick and dirty response to the specific questions. This is not comprehensive, but a decent start:

Recalling a player from the minor leagues places him on your 40 man roster, and he subsequently receives a major league contact, most often at the minimum salary. This will be his salary through the completion of the season. This also uses an option year. (Note: Options are per season not per recall. You can send someone up and down an unlimited number of times in a season within which he has options.)

You may not get the player back on a minor league contract without putting him on waivers first. If he has options, and is claimed by another team, you can pull him off waivers prior to his reassignment. If he has no option years left, it is irrevocable waivers & he will transfer to the other team's 40 man roster. If a player with options gets through waivers unclaimed, designate him for assignment, and then reassign him to a minor league team. Note, for the minor league contact to take effect the following season, you must get him through waivers before the free agency period begins. Otherwise, his contact will roll over as a major league contract, even if he passes through waivers later on. But, you only have to pay a portion of the contact while he is in the minors, maybe 16% or something if I remember correctly. I am unsure if this mimics MLB, but it's been my experience in OOTP.

Hope this helps. it's a bit tricky at first, but a breeze once you get it down pat.

Last edited by OzzyOz23; 10-10-2019 at 02:49 PM.
OzzyOz23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 08:27 PM   #3
CBeisbol
Banned

[QUOTE=damonrusst;4546010]Is there a wiki anywhere for this game? Looking for some help. [Quote]
The roster rules can be confusing

But, there is the manual which helps

https://manuals.ootpdevelopments.com...and_management

Quote:
When I call a prospect up during September, he goes on a minimum MLB contract. Is there a way to get him back on a minor league contract for the next season?
If the player has options remaining, and has less than the specified number of service time days, he can be optioned back to the minors the following year. But remains on the 40 man roster. As Ozzy said, you can then move him back and forth as many times as you want. A player only uses an option when he's sent to the minors, not when he's called up to the majors.

If you want to remove him from the 40 man roster then you must waive and DFA him. Or release him and re-sign him.
CBeisbol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 09:23 PM   #4
damonrusst
Major Leagues

Ah, a manual. Thanks. I knew there must be one somewhere but had no idea where to find it.
Old 10-10-2019, 09:24 PM   #5
damonrusst
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyOz23 View Post
Quick and dirty response to the specific questions. This is not comprehensive, but a decent start:

Recalling a player from the minor leagues places him on your 40 man roster, and he subsequently receives a major league contact, most often at the minimum salary. This will be his salary through the completion of the season. This also uses an option year. (Note: Options are per season not per recall. You can send someone up and down an unlimited number of times in a season within which he has options.)

You may not get the player back on a minor league contract without putting him on waivers first. If he has options, and is claimed by another team, you can pull him off waivers prior to his reassignment. If he has no option years left, it is irrevocable waivers & he will transfer to the other team's 40 man roster. If a player with options gets through waivers unclaimed, designate him for assignment, and then reassign him to a minor league team. Note, for the minor league contact to take effect the following season, you must get him through waivers before the free agency period begins. Otherwise, his contact will roll over as a major league contract, even if he passes through waivers later on. But, you only have to pay a portion of the contact while he is in the minors, maybe 16% or something if I remember correctly. I am unsure if this mimics MLB, but it's been my experience in OOTP.

Hope this helps. it's a bit tricky at first, but a breeze once you get it down pat.
So the contract only switches back to minor league at the free agency period? So if you call him up during season, he's on major league contract the rest of the year, even if you waive him?