Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 05-22-2019, 11:39 AM   #1
DCF
Bat Boy

players showing 255 days out with no injury

in replay, commissioner mode and injuries enabled, I keep getting players being show as "out" for 255 days, but no injury--------once I change the 255 days to 0, it's ok, but it seems to be a bug
DCF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 04:26 PM   #2
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCF View Post
in replay, commissioner mode and injuries enabled, I keep getting players being show as "out" for 255 days, but no injury--------once I change the 255 days to 0, it's ok, but it seems to be a bug
are you playing historical/real transactions/real lineups?
David Watts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 10:27 PM   #3
Mt Fire Fighter
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCF View Post
Same thing here.
Mt Fire Fighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 07:00 PM   #4
Mt Fire Fighter
Major Leagues

Still no notifications on 255 dL, nor trades, nor retirements but I do get notifications for free agents. This started a few patches ago.
Old 06-05-2019, 05:17 AM   #5
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

We've had a couple reports of this, will take a look at figuring out what's going on here.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 05:17 AM   #6
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

We've had a couple reports of this, will take a look at figuring out what's going on here.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 01:10 PM   #7
Mt Fire Fighter
Major Leagues

255 day IL message

I play historical, real transactions in the commissioner mode. I receive messages about transactions that are blank, no player named nor why. I do receive messages about players that have become free agents. I do not receive any type of messages about players going on the 255 IL nor any reason why they have gone on the IL. There is also no messages when they come off the 255 IL.

John
Old 06-05-2019, 03:38 PM   #8
mitchkenn
Hall Of Famer

do you have the thing that has injury reports delayed checked? that may be partial cause???
"I saw a young man leaning on his wooden crutch - He called out to me, 'Don't ask for so much' And a young woman leaning in her darkened door She cried out to me, 'Why not ask for more?' " - Leonard Cohen
"Hello darkness, my old Friend ...." - Paul Simon
Before Mays, before DiMaggio, there was Oscar Charleston.
"All the lies about Babe Ruth are true." - Waite Hoyt

Avatar is the late great Townes Van Zandt. rip.
mitchkenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 10:33 PM   #9
Mt Fire Fighter
Major Leagues

I do not have the delayed injury report checked. Also it wouldn’t matter because I don’t receive notifications for trades nor retirements. I will check the box just to see if it makes a difference.

John
Old 06-18-2019, 04:04 PM   #10
bms
Bat Boy

I have been having this same problem since the game came out. I play in historical mode, challenge mode with real transactions. This makes the game unplayable so I would really like to see a resolution.
bms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 05:26 PM   #11
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

With real transactions, I believe any player who didn't appear in-game for a certain period of time gets a fake injury like this. (I don't have direct proof of that, but remember reading something like that either in a thread or discussion) Is this causing other issues, or is it more that people are wondering what is going on with these transactions?
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 07:04 PM   #12
Mt Fire Fighter
Major Leagues

I get a transaction message that doesn’t show which player nor the reason why, except when a player becomes a free agent. I use to receive a message stating which player, if he was going on the DL and for how long, suspended, traded or retired. Also a message was sent when he came of of the DL. This worked correctly for many versions of the game and it stopped working 3-4 upgrades ago.

John
Old 06-30-2019, 01:38 AM   #13
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

Can we please get historical transactions without historical lineups?
Historical lineups are just terrible. So many times it leaves a team with 2 pitchers. The real league may only used 2 pitchers on that date but it limits the moves the ai can make. I left injuries off and historical transactions and lineups both on. I see typical results like the pictures below.
The 1906 cubs finishing 20 games out and below a 100 games in wins seems a bit unrealistic. Especially when there were no fictional injuries.
Its so bad i will probably go to manual transactions if thats the only way to get around historical lineups.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
BaseballMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 11:38 AM   #14
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

FWIW, I just simmed the 1906 season five times (using 1 yr recalc, real lineups, real transactions). The Cubs won the division each time (though they never matched their 116 real-life win total).
pstrickert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 12:21 PM   #15
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

I have seen the cubs win the pennant in some tests sims but they never really get close to matching the real cubs.
The problem i see is that for some time they only had 2 pitchers on the active roster. Brown and Lundgren. Even with injuries off it seems like the cubs hit a slump when this happens. Im sure other teams face the same dilemma. Who do you bring in when you only have 1 other pitcher and he is
in a slump.
A lot of time it crashes due to not enough players because of the 255 days on il.
Historical transactions are awesome but the historical lineups are ruining it and making almost unplayable.
Old 06-30-2019, 08:07 PM   #16
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

Well i simmed the league im using from 1901-1995 with historical transactions and lineups on and injuries off. Plus all teams computer controlled. I even edited all my human managers to have no human control. also selected allow computer to make roster changes and run computer manager on all teams just to be sure the computer controlled everything.
I suppose i put skynet in the league.

Anyway the stats look a lot better. Maybe its just a case of the 1906 Cubs were not as good as i thought they were.
Still i wish the lineups were separate so we could have historical transactions and the surprise injuries.
Im more relaxed with the stats being off a little if there are injuries as long as players are on the correct team.

Plus im still not sure if having only 2 pitchers available on the active roster at times due to the 255 days on IL is not affecting the ai's game decisions. Maybe that is what is hurting the Cubs as they were good at pitching and defense. I know injuries and fatigue shouldnt have affected them but if a pitcher is getting rocked, you only have 1 player to bring in.

I am gonna try a work around. I'm turning on injuries and leaving lineups off. I will run computer manager on all teams each day there are games scheduled. That should move players to the active roster. But im not sure how it will handle the pitching rotation.
Old 07-01-2019, 05:11 AM   #17
Mt Fire Fighter
Major Leagues

Real life transactions used to work real well, never had any problems or mistakes. I never did like the real line ups though. I used the real life transactions since OOTP 9 or 10 but whatever happened to 20 made it almost unplayable.
Old 07-06-2019, 01:51 AM   #18
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

I got it to work somewhat. I still have the annoying historical lineup changes so i just think of those as management decisions. But what i did to minimize the players not coming off IL was to edit the injury file so day to day injuries would be minimized. I just set the dtd% at 0. Well at least i think thats what i was trying to do. I still see a few players not coming off but not as much.
But it may just be a conquincidence that i didnt see that many players not coming off the IL. It seems to be when players have less than 10 days and no injury but they do have an injury in there history.

Anyway i just sim a month and check rosters. If i find a player fully rested but with less than 10 days on the IL i edit the player's IL and set it to zero.
I may go to checking teams at the halfway mark. Maybe chalk it up to a nagging injury a player had.