Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 05-17-2019, 08:05 PM   #21
Dunzie
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushiel View Post
This is a hard league to spend a season in for sure. Both my new perfect teams are settling downward as expected while the Yaks are fighting tooth and nail.

Your Yaks would be an .800 team if they got to keep killing my best team more often on the schedule! Tight race for the WC all of a sudden! I've lost all contact with Zorro now.

My other teams are still midway between WC and relegation - likely no surprise. The fact Red is playing almost the same record as Gold is more of a surprise to me.
Dunzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 08:21 PM   #22
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

I finally worked up the nerve to look, and I was surprised to see that I am only one game out of a wildcard spot. That's a pretty good showing considering the level of competition and the fact that I have been unable to settle on a center fielder for 20 consecutive seasons.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 01:59 AM   #23
Dunzie
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
I finally worked up the nerve to look, and I was surprised to see that I am only one game out of a wildcard spot. That's a pretty good showing considering the level of competition and the fact that I have been unable to settle on a center fielder for 20 consecutive seasons.

I find CF the toughest spot to fill with anyone consistent too. Trouble is finding a guy that is good on both sides of the ball and while Mike Trout is the obvious answer it's so boring too.
Old 05-18-2019, 03:01 AM   #24
joehart
All Star Starter

I can’t seem to make any ground in my division. As soon as I go on a win streak, the teams ahead of me match that streak.

And worst of all, my month of September puts me for 10 matches against the American League leader (Kentucky Crowns) and another series against the Gryphons Gold. Not sure there is that much luck left to get me into a wildcard spot.

Good luck to Colonels, Yaks, and Gryphons in the National League.

Hope your PT20 teams are doing well.
The Gryphons are in the same league with the kids so I get to see them battle each other.

My PT20 Base Destroyers are one game behind a team with all the top Legend pitchers and players. Hopefully I get a lucky wildcard game and then manage to steal one in round one.

joehart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 03:06 AM   #25
joehart
All Star Starter

P-406, Season 2042

Quote:

Good one. I feel the same way. I walked away from Trout/Betts and have been on a long search ever since.
Betts was easier to replace since Cobb/Seymour/Kelly/... all train to an acceptable level. But CF is a bit more tricky.
The moment I go for more hitting, I lose lots of games.

Last edited by joehart; 05-18-2019 at 10:31 AM.
Old 05-18-2019, 01:43 PM   #26
Dunzie
All Star Reserve

This crash is official. I've slid back with my Blue team so bad I'm now just in the running for the WC and passed by Kushiel's Yaks. I'm playing sub-500 ball now over the past month and doesn't look good for post season. This team has a tendency to either let me down brutally or shock me and win it all. Thinking the latter is gonna be out of the question soon. I'm losing to teams in the bottom of their division all of a sudden. Better stop watching...
Old 05-18-2019, 03:21 PM   #27
Dunzie
All Star Reserve

... and now 1-9 in our last 10 and tied for the second WC. I give up. Manager = FIRED!!!
Old 05-18-2019, 03:42 PM   #28
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunzie View Post
... and now 1-9 in our last 10 and tied for the second WC. I give up. Manager = FIRED!!!
Can I have your stuff?
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 02:45 AM   #29
joehart
All Star Starter

Two game 163 in our league....best of luck to the teams:

Stone Island vs. Base Thieves and Gryphons Blue vs Barely Legal Jesus.

Also, good luck to the Zorro and Yaks team. Very cool to see you both succeed.
Attached Images

Old 05-19-2019, 04:04 AM   #30
Dunzie
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Can I have your stuff?

ROFL... why not?!

Honestly with the way the Blues played down the stretch when games mattered most I don't think we deserved the WC spot in the NC, but glad to see your Thieves got in Joe! Good luck in the AM and who knows? I've won titles from the WC spot in past so maybe if the Gods smile I can get another few games against you this year!!

Good luck to all in the playoffs!
Old 05-19-2019, 09:01 AM   #31
Kushiel
All Star Starter

I am very happy to wake up and see that you made it to the dance too, Joe! I would love for us to meet in the WS again. But to quote a song, "The road is long; With many a winding turn."

Good luck to all the playoff teams. We are all going to need it.

Kushiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 12:12 PM   #32
Dunzie
All Star Reserve

Yaks, Zorros, Gryphs Blue and Base Thieves all off to the final 8. Good luck all except Zorro. (No offense, Zorro! )

Zorro had me 11-8 this season and has the best pitching in the game. Should mean the odds are in my favor.
Old 05-19-2019, 12:14 PM   #33
Dunzie
All Star Reserve

Interesting fact of the day...

The final 8 teams have all won a WS Championship at the Perfect Level. In fact, combined for 30 of them total. Holy crap.
Old 05-19-2019, 02:01 PM   #34
Kushiel
All Star Starter

I see you are up on Zorro 2-0. I hope you win; I am not sure Zorro is even watching his team. I hope he is OK.

We are not doing well at all and may be knocked out next game.
Good luck Dunzie and Joe!

Old 05-19-2019, 03:44 PM   #35
Dunzie
All Star Reserve

I'm not sure why but I feel guilty about the sweep - although Zorro has cleaned my clock many times over the years. Wish he was here to banter with.

Sorry to see the Quasars got you Kushiel! Strong team and will be tough to beat. Hope you tired them out for me!!

Let's go Joe!! At least get a couple of the regulars in the final 4!
Old 05-19-2019, 03:53 PM   #36
Kushiel
All Star Starter

Good luck with them Dunzie.
I hope you and Joe get it done for our chat group.

Old 05-19-2019, 08:56 PM   #37
Dunzie
All Star Reserve

Yeah, sorry to report that not only did you not tire the Quasars out, you seem to have just warmed them up! Pretty feeble 4-1 series loss. Won game 4. Wasn't really close.

And Joe didn't fare any better... lost 3-2 in the divisional series. Oh well, next year!!
Old 05-20-2019, 06:12 AM   #38
Kushiel
All Star Starter

We'll get 'em next time. The Quasars have a heck of a lineup. It is surprising that they have not won more than they have when I look at their cards,