Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - Historical Simulations

OOTP 18 - Historical Simulations Discuss historical simulations and their results in this forum.

Old 05-31-2018, 11:14 AM   #1
4ThoseAbout2Chop
Bat Boy

1st attempt at historical - need help

So, I've deiced I want to start in 1995 and manage the Braves and see if I can manage to win more than one world series in 15 years. Hopefully what I want is possible through a combo of settings:

I assume I will have to be GM and manager for drafts and ML moves.

*I'd like to be able to draft key future players, like Andruw Jones, other draft picks don't have to be strictly historical to allow some fun change in history.

*I'd like to be able to still acquire some big name future players, like Millwood, Galarraga, etc.

**But not start every single season with the 100% same lineup and roster necessarily, but still have the same players in the league, even if some were drafted by other teams.

Is this doable?

Last edited by 4ThoseAbout2Chop; 05-31-2018 at 11:16 AM.
4ThoseAbout2Chop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 11:58 AM   #2
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ThoseAbout2Chop View Post
So, I've deiced I want to start in 1995 and manage the Braves and see if I can manage to win more than one world series in 15 years. Hopefully what I want is possible through a combo of settings:

I assume I will have to be GM and manager for drafts and ML moves.

*I'd like to be able to draft key future players, like Andruw Jones, other draft picks don't have to be strictly historical to allow some fun change in history.

*I'd like to be able to still acquire some big name future players, like Millwood, Galarraga, etc.

**But not start every single season with the 100% same lineup and roster necessarily, but still have the same players in the league, even if some were drafted by other teams.

Is this doable?
All this can be done simply by playing the game as it normally works. You probably want to have rookies assigned to their debut teams (i.e. no draft) if you are playing a strong team. You will likely be drafting late and not get the players that the Braves obtained in real life. Of course, you will still have to acquire some via trade just as the real Braves did.

I suggest that you avoid Challenge Mode. That way you can use the commissioner mode and editor to move a player to your team (or another one) or force trades in order to assemble the roster that you want.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 04:54 PM   #3
Sowega
Bat Boy

I am trying to achieve opposite of original poster. What do you click if you want the original historical transactions and players to occur, and i just want to play out the sim without actively making trades or drafting. Just observe.

I set up what I thought was this way, and disallowed the draft, and enabled rookies to join original team. This occurred, but In the first offseason the real transactions didn’t occur. For instance, after 1992 season Greg Maddox resigned with the Cubs not the Braves.
My Wizard skipped step 2 of the wizard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sowega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 10:22 AM   #4
Sowega
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sowega View Post
I am trying to achieve opposite of original poster. What do you click if you want the original historical transactions and players to occur, and i just want to play out the sim without actively making trades or drafting. Just observe.

I set up what I thought was this way, and disallowed the draft, and enabled rookies to join original team. This occurred, but In the first offseason the real transactions didn’t occur. For instance, after 1992 season Greg Maddox resigned with the Cubs not the Braves.
My Wizard skipped step 2 of the wizard.

I figured it out, tried it again and got it enabled via step 2. Planning to sim several years of the Braves dynasty just observing, then go back and take a more active role without historical transactions / recalc on and use the development engine.

Sowega is offline   Reply With Quote