Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 - General Discussion

Franchise Hockey Manager 4 - General Discussion Talk about the latest FHM, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 02-14-2018, 05:03 PM   #1
Autumn
Minors (Rookie Ball)

WHA-NHL merger

I suspect nothing's going to happen for me here, but I wanted to register a complaint about the WHA-NHL merger. It seems you get fired if you want to move with a team to the NHL. I had really looked forward to bringing the Nordiques into the NHL, and getting to make decisions about who would be kept on the team.

I went and looked online for more information and I found this had been talked about almost 4 years ago, with a statement that some way would be found to improve it, and yet it seems like the same thing is still happening. I might be ok with it if there was a way to start Quebec and get to perform that process in a new game, but there isn't. I'm pretty frustrated as I did sink a lot of time into it thinking I could do this.

By the way, I do recommend people play through the WHA. I found it a boatload of fun.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 02:25 AM   #2
JeffR
FHM Producer

An automatic transition is still something I'd like to do eventually, but it'd be a not-inconsiderable amount of special coding for something that only affects four teams, so it's not something that's made it near the top of the priority list yet. Switching non-human staff from, say, Edmonton (WHA) to Edmonton (NHL) isn't that difficult, but it gets more problematic transferring a human player over in a way that's seamless and maintains things like job security status in a transition from one team to another.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 11:33 AM   #3
Autumn
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Hey Jeff, thanks for the reply. I get why that's not on the top of the list. What I was thinking is something more like an option to make those four teams have available jobs right away, so that you could just rejoin the team on the first and still get to make those decisions. I don't know anything about coding, but would that be a difficult change?

Great game, by the way.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 03:28 AM   #4
JeffR
FHM Producer

Yeah, it'd still be a bunch of special coding because that'd have to circumvent the way the AI fills empty GM jobs. Although there's a workaround if you're not playing in challenge mode - just turn commissioner mode on and give yourself the GM job of the new NHL version of the team.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote