Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > MLB Manager 2016 > MLBM 2016 - General Discussions

MLBM 2016 - General Discussions Talk about MLB Manager 2016, the baseball management simulation for iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android

Old 04-11-2016, 10:06 AM   #1
Edster007
All Star Starter

iPad/iPhone

I am trying to move my saved game from my iPad to my iPhone using iFunbox. When I connect I only get the config files for MLBM16, the same holds true for MLBM15 but when I go back to all the previous versions I can access the saved game folders. I checked iTunes and both MLBM15 and 16 are listed as file share apps. Is there a new way to do this? I played exclusively on my phone last year so never transferred, this year I went back to my old way playing-getting my game to a place I like it and then transfer it to the phone so I can play on my commute.

Any updated instructions would be appreciated.
Edster007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 07:02 PM   #2
dales
Bat Boy

The deafening silence to this and a few recent related questions (such as stadium images) seems to indicate this is no longer possible on the iOS side. Maybe the access to the directories is blocked due to the newer iOS? The game developers have already indicated they didn't change the directory structure, and it's hard to imagine they'd block features, such as moving saved games and uploading stadium images, that were available before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 07:57 PM   #3
phillupi
All Star Reserve

Moving saved game files hasn't worked since iOS 8.1.3 I think. You can add stadium files to the section where the data folder is using iTunes file sharing.

phillupi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 02:59 AM   #4
MFreud
Bat Boy

You can move game saves between iOS devices by moving data between backups. You do have to then restore the device from the backup, but it does work. This also works to move game saves between games. I moved my iOOTP2013 game to MLB mgr 2015. Haven't tried with 2016 yet but I assume it works. I use iMazing to copy the saved file but it hangs when moving the files into another device's backup. I use iBackupBot for that.
MFreud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 11:07 AM   #5
dales
Bat Boy

This is a great clue. Thanks so much. iMazing let me get into the Saved Games directory in MLB Manager 2015 in a way I couldn't (or couldn't figure out) in iFunBox. Using iMazing, I've copied the directory to my PC and am looking into ways, including yours, to get it into MLB Manager 2016.

Old 04-25-2016, 07:31 AM   #6
dales
Bat Boy

This works with 2016 - I used iMazing to find and copy the saved games directory from 2015 to my computer. Then I used BackupBot to put a saved game subdirectory into the iTunes backup of my 2016 app. Then I restored the phone from the iTunes backup. A bit laborious but it works.

Old 04-25-2016, 08:09 AM   #7
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

That´s Apple: making it hard for everyone to do simple tasks.

A few years ago we were forced to use the "Sandbox mode", which changed the way we have to save data inside the App. In addition Apple does not allow to copy any data at all, you have to use some 3rd party tools to do so and we can´t comment on stuff like this to help. I will never understand how Apple has so much success...
Old 04-18-2017, 09:31 PM   #8
Rookieapps
Bat Boy

Can you guys give a little more detail about what the saved game files look like and maybe some more steps on how to do this?

Also I would totally buy this app every year if I could easily copy my dynasty over. It would be totally worth it for them to program in Dropbox or iCloud to handle this.
Rookieapps is offline   Reply With Quote