Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - Public Beta Test > FHM - Beta Data Issues

Old 03-04-2013, 10:00 PM   #21
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daletiel View Post
Toronto's Tim Connolly has an in-game contract value of $525k/$310.5k (NHL/AHL) for 2012-13, when his actual contract value is $4M and doesn't change if he's buried in the minors according to CapGeek.
Strange, his numbers in the database are correct. We'll have to check that out.
Old 03-04-2013, 10:10 PM   #22
Edster007
All Star Starter

On my standings page: Points and GF are blank, data moved two places over so Points are showing where goals against should be and so on.

Also my record is 2-1-1 which is correct on the standings page, but at the top of my home screen it says I am 2-1-0 (although it does list me at 5pts)

Last edited by Edster007; 03-04-2013 at 10:33 PM.
Old 03-04-2013, 11:01 PM   #23
steven21
Bat Boy

Montreal Canadiens:

Travis Moen should be primarily a LW
Ryan White should be primarily a C
Raphael Diaz should be primarily an RD

Captain is Gionta, Assistants are Markov/Gorges
Old 03-04-2013, 11:47 PM   #24
Holden Caulfield
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Noticed at least one error with signed players.

G Chris Carrozzi is signed with the Winnipeg Jets, with 1 year, 708, 333$ left on his ELC. In the game he is not signed by the Jets.

He is likely released after the season, so by the time the full release comes out it is not an issue, but just saying

Also, just now say another issue with Jets. They qualified LD Arturs Kulda last off-season he should be listed on the Jets protected list and is not.
Old 03-05-2013, 01:01 AM   #25
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
Noticed at least one error with signed players.

G Chris Carrozzi is signed with the Winnipeg Jets, with 1 year, 708, 333$ left on his ELC. In the game he is not signed by the Jets.
That's funny, he's definitely got a Jets contract in the database and everything looks correct about it. We'll have to check on that.

Quote:
Also, just now say another issue with Jets. They qualified LD Arturs Kulda last off-season he should be listed on the Jets protected list and is not.
Aw, I know what I did there. I filled out the missing player rights this weekend using Hockeysfuture's prospect lists as a guide, but Kulda's too old to go on there. I probably missed some other older guys with NHL rights that way, too.
Old 03-05-2013, 01:27 AM   #26
Holden Caulfield
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
That's funny, he's definitely got a Jets contract in the database and everything looks correct about it. We'll have to check on that.
Hmm...well I just checked again and he is not listed under the Jets protected list and he cannot be traded for. So IDK, just thought I'd let you know.

EDIT: It might be something to do with the fact that he has been loaned to LA Kings ECHL affliate in Ontario rather than being in Colorado with the Jets affliate. Just a thought.

Quote:
Aw, I know what I did there. I filled out the missing player rights this weekend using Hockeysfuture's prospect lists as a guide, but Kulda's too old to go on there. I probably missed some other older guys with NHL rights that way, too.
Ah yeah that would make sense.

Now that I look again the Jets also qualified D Brett Festerling last year, and although he moved to DEL this year he is still RFA for them. He does qualify for UFA status this off-season so he will likely be gone like Carrozzi in the off-season, but that may not be true for all RFA's not listed on hockey's future, so glad I brought it up.

I will gladly put together a list for the whole NHL if you wish, just let me know. I'm quite good at player rights issues, it's kinda my forte over at hfboards haha.

Last edited by Holden Caulfield; 03-05-2013 at 01:34 AM.
Old 03-05-2013, 05:41 AM   #27
hockeyintangibles
Bat Boy

Columbus contract errors:

These guys are listed as RFA after their contract ends, but they should be UFA:

Umberger, Prospal, Dorsett, Letestu, Nikitin
Old 03-05-2013, 08:19 AM   #28
Panda Bear
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddie View Post
Edmonton Oilers

Eberle, Hartikanen, Petrell listed as C's should be LW's

Ganger, Lander, Nugent-Hopkins, Vande-Velde listed as RW should be C
Quote:
Most of the position ratings are based on actual usage last season, so they may not be quite up-to-the-minute. Gagner, for example, spent more time on Eberle or Belanger's wing last year than he did centering lines.
Where did you acquire this data? Sometimes these websites have players in the wrong position.

After Nugent-Hopkins got injured last season, Taylor Hall (LW) and Jordan Eberle (RW) were centered by Sam Gagner (C). Gagner has not regularly played on the wing since the 07-08 season. Eberle has spent his entire career with the Edmonton Oilers on the right wing.

For the Edmonton Oilers, here are some position corrections:
  • Teemu Hartikainen should be 20 LW, 16 RW and 10 C
  • Mark Arcobello should be 20 C
  • Chris Vandevelde should be 20 C
  • Lennart Petrell should be 20 RW, 18 LW and 14 C
  • Jordan Eberle should be 20 RW
  • Taylor Hall should be 20 LW, 16 C
  • Sam Gagner should be 20 C, 18 RW
  • Ryan Nugent-Hopkins should be 20 C
  • Anton Lander should be 20 C

When it comes to ratings, please take the following into considering:
  • Justin Schultz has 2.5 stars potential yet is considered to be a blue-chip prospect and potential #1 defenceman
  • Taylor Hall has 4 stars potential despite being a #1 overall. If Seguin is 5 stars, Hall must be as well given that Hall has a better points clip over the past 82 games than Seguin; further, Hall should have very high aggression and bravery as given his playstyle
  • Nugent-Hopkins as #1 overall should be 5 stars
  • Yakupov as #1 overall should be 5 stars
  • Ryan Smyth should have lower physical attributes
  • Ryan Whitney should have significantly lower physical attributes (can no longer skate effectively)
  • Ben Eager should have significantly higher physical attributes (very fast skater)
  • Mark Fistric is known for huge hits yet has a hitting of only 14

Captain is Shawn Horcoff. Assistants are Nick Schultz and Jordan Eberle.

Thanks. Been enjoying the game so far.
Old 03-05-2013, 08:50 AM   #29
lightz
Minors (Single A)

There are very few stats that have been adjusted to the individual player yet. All players have been given a target and a template to fit their style. Thats why individual stats might be a little of, but overall I think it have worked great. This will change over the beta period, but #1 focus have been to give players stats at all.

Regarding stars, I assume Seguin have been considered to have more defensive potential then the others. Cause they have all same (almost) offensive potential, just that Seguins defensive skills are higher and that's why he is considered a 5 star. Even if it looks wrong (in stars) I think it's pretty real.

RNH
of ability: 800 Def: 675
Hall
of: 815 def: 640
Yakupov
of: 815 Def: 610
Seguin
of 815 def 735

On Schultz he looks to have great offensive d-men potential, dunno why the game gives him so few stars.

Last edited by lightz; 03-05-2013 at 08:52 AM.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:12 AM   #30
Panda Bear
Bat Boy

The templates have certainly worked out well.

You're overrating Seguin in comparison to the other three, though, and you're particularly underrating RNH's defensive work (he is fantastic at picking pockets). Behindthenet supports Edmontons first line defensive work and puck possession as well as their horrible puck luck.

If we look at Chicago, for example, Patrick Sharp has five stars. While he's a great player, how many people would realistically say he is better than two first overalls ever will be?

Anyway, this doesn't need to be about arguing who is better than whom. I just wanted to highlight some issues with the Oilers roster about three first overalls having less potential than other players in their own draft class.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:14 AM   #31
Michael Farkas
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda Bear View Post
Where did you acquire this data? Sometimes these websites have players in the wrong position.

After Nugent-Hopkins got injured last season, Taylor Hall (LW) and Jordan Eberle (RW) were centered by Sam Gagner (C). Gagner has not regularly played on the wing since the 07-08 season. Eberle has spent his entire career with the Edmonton Oilers on the right wing.

For the Edmonton Oilers, here are some position corrections:
  • Teemu Hartikainen should be 20 LW, 16 RW and 10 C
  • Mark Arcobello should be 20 C
  • Chris Vandevelde should be 20 C
  • Lennart Petrell should be 20 RW, 18 LW and 14 C
  • Jordan Eberle should be 20 RW
  • Taylor Hall should be 20 LW, 16 C
  • Sam Gagner should be 20 C, 18 RW
  • Ryan Nugent-Hopkins should be 20 C
  • Anton Lander should be 20 C

When it comes to ratings, please take the following into considering:
  • Justin Schultz has 2.5 stars potential yet is considered to be a blue-chip prospect and potential #1 defenceman
  • Taylor Hall has 4 stars potential despite being a #1 overall. If Seguin is 5 stars, Hall must be as well given that Hall has a better points clip over the past 82 games than Seguin; further, Hall should have very high aggression and bravery as given his playstyle
  • Nugent-Hopkins as #1 overall should be 5 stars
  • Yakupov as #1 overall should be 5 stars
  • Ryan Smyth should have lower physical attributes
  • Ryan Whitney should have significantly lower physical attributes (can no longer skate effectively)
  • Ben Eager should have significantly higher physical attributes (very fast skater)
  • Mark Fistric is known for huge hits yet has a hitting of only 14

Captain is Shawn Horcoff. Assistants are Nick Schultz and Jordan Eberle.

Thanks. Been enjoying the game so far.
Position notations are noted. Don't worry about the ratings though. Once I start hitting players individually above the very raw framework that's out there, you'll notice a significant change. I promise.

Thanks for the constructive feedback, always appreciated!
Old 03-05-2013, 11:38 AM   #32
Oyaji
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda Bear View Post
The templates have certainly worked out well.

You're overrating Seguin in comparison to the other three, though, and you're particularly underrating RNH's defensive work (he is fantastic at picking pockets). Behindthenet supports Edmontons first line defensive work and puck possession as well as their horrible puck luck.

If we look at Chicago, for example, Patrick Sharp has five stars. While he's a great player, how many people would realistically say he is better than two first overalls ever will be?

Anyway, this doesn't need to be about arguing who is better than whom. I just wanted to highlight some issues with the Oilers roster about three first overalls having less potential than other players in their own draft class.
Yep, advanced stats show Hall to be the engine that drives the Oilers attack. He may not be a brilliant defensive forward but his puck protection and freakish physical attributes allow him to be on the attack far more than in his own end. I don't know if his supreme possession numbers should necessarily dictate him being rated as a very good two way player though. There's a similar thing going on with David Booth. Canuck fans dislike him because he's rather myopic and the eye test would say he's limited defensively, but his possession numbers are great because of his skating, puck protection, and determination to get the puck on net. I wouldn't necessarily rate him as a good defensive forward either, but certainly try to get across that his puck handling and physical attributes are way above the norm.

I did a few quick sims, one as the GM of the Canucks, one unemployed (both crashed at July 1st). A few things about Canuck ratings:

Alexander Edler is and has been Vancouver's best defenceman for the past 3 years. He was tasked with carrying zombie Sami Salo around last year, so a lot of his numbers didn't look great but he was still the best D on the team. Both simulations had the Canucks missing the playoffs, so maybe instead of just switching Hamhuis and Edler's overall strengths, Edler's ratings could get a bump. In particular, he's a physical specimen and I'd certainly increase his strength, checking, and hitting. He's rated highly elsewhere, so I'm not sure why that only translates to 3.5 stars. A few inaccuracies:

*Alberts & Edler are listed as RD, should be LD
*Booth is a natural LW and struggled at RW last year
*Henrik Sedin is captain, Kesler and Daniel his associates
*Sedins have really high skating attributes when in truth it's their biggest weakness. They're still above average though.

Other than that, the ratings as a whole are really strong in general. One thing though, Martin Erat was rated 1 star in current ability and 4 in potential (his offensive attributes are all either 1 or 2, but he does have an offensive potential of 750). This could be one of those deals where he's rated properly in the DB but it's not transitioning into the quickgames properly.

Thanks a lot for your hard work!
Old 03-05-2013, 12:15 PM   #33
Daletiel
Minors (Single A)

Simon Gagne starts off the year in Philadelphia despite his only recently been traded there from Los Angeles.
Old 03-05-2013, 12:25 PM   #34
Holden Caulfield
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daletiel View Post
Simon Gagne starts off the year in Philadelphia despite his only recently been traded there from Los Angeles.
Rosters are updated to reflect the current rosters of the regardless of when they were moved there. So all players that have moved since the start of the lockout (ie Ellerby, Loktionov, Ponikarovsky, Tangradi, etc) are all on their new teams.
Old 03-05-2013, 12:28 PM   #35
RamMan12
Major Leagues

I don't know if this is a database issue from OOTP or not, but Graham Mink is from Stowe, VT not Stowe, MA. (On Providence Bruins)
Old 03-05-2013, 12:32 PM   #36
Daletiel
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
Rosters are updated to reflect the current rosters of the regardless of when they were moved there. So all players that have moved since the start of the lockout (ie Ellerby, Loktionov, Ponikarovsky, Tangradi, etc) are all on their new teams.
Ahh, I thought that might be the case but I wasn't certain. Thanks for the clarification.
Old 03-05-2013, 12:48 PM   #37
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamMan12 View Post
I don't know if this is a database issue from OOTP or not, but Graham Mink is from Stowe, VT not Stowe, MA. (On Providence Bruins)
Yeah, there's going to be a bunch of guys like that, Duluth, GA and St. Paul, IN instead of the Minnesota cities are a couple of other common ones. It happened when we imported lists of players into the editor way back at the start of the database, the converter didn't use the state data properly and chose the wrong version of the city in a lot of cases.

Keep letting us know when you find them and we'll get those fixed.
Old 03-05-2013, 04:41 PM   #38
Finnish Leaf
Bat Boy

In Historic Mode Toronto Maple Leafs plays in ACC even though i started from year 1992. Leafs moved to ACC in mid-season 1999 (if i remember right).

N.Y. Islanders moves to Brooklyn in 2015 and plays in Barclays Center
Old 03-05-2013, 05:34 PM   #39
NYR1967
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Hi Mike and Jeff,

Thanks for all of the hard work you guys have been putting into this game - it is very much appreciated.

A few data things I noticed:

General:

No USA Nationality choice in Manger Set Up.

New York Rangers player positions:

LD Dan Girardi should be RD
RD Ryan McDonagh should be LD
LW Arron Asham should be RW
LW Marian Gaborik should be RW
RW Taylor Pyatt should be LW
RW Benn Ferriero should be C
LW Brandon Segal should be RW
LW Ryan Bourque should be C

Signed players listed as unsigned prospects:

RW Jesper Fasth should be signed 3years @ $900,000/year/ELC
C Michael St. Croix should be signed 3 years @ $665,000/year/ELC
C Oscar Lindberg should be signed 3 years @760,000/year/ELC

Long Term IR:

RD Michael Sauer has been on long term IR with post concussion syndrome since 2011 and is still listed as month to month.

Draft picks:

New York's 1st round pick in 2013 belongs to the Columbus Blue Jackets

If New York fails to reach the Eastern Conference finals in 2013 they will receive the 3rd round pick belonging to the Columbus Blue Jackets

Thanks again for the great job!

Mark
Old 03-05-2013, 05:38 PM   #40
Michael Farkas
Minors (Double A)

Thank you, NYR1967. Positions are noted. We did not distribute draft picks yet, we'll hit them all at one time.

We'll get those contracts patched up. Thanks for the positive input!