Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 14 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2013 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2013, 01:45 PM   #21
Tyler87898
All Star Reserve

Voted! Good luck on this.
Old 10-24-2013, 01:51 PM   #22
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyrestorm3 View Post
It's not Steam's fault your computer can't handle it... Just saying.

Right - and every time another gaming site opens with new configurations people should all rush out and upgrade/buy computers so they can use it....

I'm all for promoting OOTP, but I don't see myself joining Steam and purchase something from them just so I can give a yes vote to a game I like.

Last edited by Bluenoser; 10-24-2013 at 02:27 PM.
Old 10-24-2013, 01:51 PM   #23
Cryomaniac
Hall Of Famer

Voted.

Old 10-24-2013, 02:09 PM   #24
Doc_Brown
All Star Starter

Voted.
Old 10-24-2013, 02:13 PM   #25
carmah
Bat Boy

Voted for it on Steam Greenlight.

Question: If we buy OOTP 14 here now, if and when it gets greenlit, will we also get a Steam key for it or will that have to be a separate purchase? Thanks.
Old 10-24-2013, 02:19 PM   #26
Silent_Thunder
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmah View Post
Voted for it on Steam Greenlight.

Question: If we buy OOTP 14 here now, if and when it gets greenlit, will we also get a Steam key for it or will that have to be a separate purchase? Thanks.
The question with that I'd imagine would be if Markus can disable the original key after the fact. Otherwise unscrupulous types could use that method to double dip.
Old 10-24-2013, 02:20 PM   #27
Painmantle
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
I use Steam every day and never have an issue.

Me too, I play TF2, and It's Free.. Never had any issues with Steam and never had to buy anything to use it
“As soon as I got out there I felt a strange relationship with the pitcher's mound. It was as if I'd been born out there. Pitching just felt like the most natural thing in the world. Striking out batters was easy.” -Babe Ruth
“Ruth made a grave mistake when he gave up pitching. Working once a week, he might have lasted a long time and become a great star.”-Tris Speaker
My Dynasties
The Beantown Bambino
Old 10-24-2013, 02:22 PM   #28
Silent_Thunder
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Painmantle View Post
Never had to buy anything to use it
As stated earlier, certain features such as greenlight voting is restricted to paying accounts in order to prevent sockpuppeting. However If you haven't bought anything and can still vote, I imagine that means Valve was sensible enough to realize someone's who's logged a few dozen hours of one of their F2P games isn't a sockpuppet.
Old 10-24-2013, 03:05 PM   #29
Pacoheadley
All Star Reserve

Voted! Anybody who doesn't think this is a good idea doesn't fully understand.
Old 10-24-2013, 03:07 PM   #30
carmah
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Thunder View Post
The question with that I'd imagine would be if Markus can disable the original key after the fact. Otherwise unscrupulous types could use that method to double dip.
That makes sense, thanks.
I'm not a Steam fanboy by any means but its just nice and convenient place where my games are organized, which is why I asked.
Been wanting this one and seeing the announcement for Greenlight got me a bit excited. May still end up getting it before the World Series is over.
Old 10-24-2013, 03:31 PM   #31
TGH-Adfabre
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmah View Post
That makes sense, thanks.
I'm not a Steam fanboy by any means but its just nice and convenient place where my games are organized, which is why I asked.
Been wanting this one and seeing the announcement for Greenlight got me a bit excited. May still end up getting it before the World Series is over.
Get it now on sale, you will not regret it.
Old 10-24-2013, 05:21 PM   #32
Rizzo
Minors (Triple A)

Voted! Good luck with this!
Old 10-24-2013, 08:00 PM   #33
StLee
Hall Of Famer

Good luck on the Steam campaign!

Also, thanks for continuing to sell the game through your site. As an American living in Korea, I have had nothing but frustration with Steam because of its fraud prevention policy, one that is tooooooo stringent. Therefore, I'd have to wait until I made a trip to the States before I could ever buy the game if it were Steam exclusive.

Current dynasties: Fallout 4's Commonwealth Baseball Organization

Completed dynasty: Fallout: New Vegas' Mojave Baseball League

Uniforms: My custom uniforms
Old 10-24-2013, 09:42 PM   #34
Silent_Thunder
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by StLee View Post
Good luck on the Steam campaign!

Also, thanks for continuing to sell the game through your site. As an American living in Korea, I have had nothing but frustration with Steam because of its fraud prevention policy, one that is tooooooo stringent. Therefore, I'd have to wait until I made a trip to the States before I could ever buy the game if it were Steam exclusive.
Korean laws are awful as far as net protection. I tried to play Nexon's F2P baseball game, because I had nothing better to do. Only after navigating an hour worth of menus, and an even longer time downloading the client, did it drop the fact that I needed a Korean Social Security Number (I think, the translation was really dodgey) to proceed.

Have you tried a VPN to connect to Steam? Make it think you're in the US of A.

Last edited by Silent_Thunder; 10-24-2013 at 09:43 PM.
Old 10-24-2013, 09:50 PM   #35
Irrelevant Dude
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
I use Steam every day and never have an issue.
Same here. With the exception of a few games like OOTP and FHM, there are very few games I buy anymore that aren't on Steam and I am very happy with it.

I voted for both games in Greenlight, but wouldn't it also be a good idea to try to get OOTP 15 accepted ahead of its release?
Old 10-24-2013, 09:51 PM   #36
RchW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by John2412 View Post
Personally I wont support ANY game that goes down the steam route. Had too many issues with "unable to connect" and on closing down PC's the "waiting for steam to close" messages. Not to mention the "steam has crashed" ones.................

PC's were not built with the steam engine so don't need that extra possible problem installed !

I have deliberately kept any game that uses steam OFF my new computers

John
Even if you don't have to use steam for that product? I don't use steam for OOTP and I won't. It seems curious to punish OOTPD for a problem that has nothing to do with them.

RichW

If you’re looking for a good cause to donate money to please consider a Donation to Parkinson’s Canada. It may help me have a better future and if not me, someone else. Thanks.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.” Frank Wilhoit
Old 10-24-2013, 11:11 PM   #37
olivertheorem
All Star Starter

I find myself imagining all the Steam-using baseball fans around next spring training who search "baseball" on there finding/purchasing OOTP. That would be huge.
Old 10-25-2013, 12:08 AM   #38
falkonisback
All Star Reserve

Done!!! Lets get OOTP to break some records!!!!
Old 10-25-2013, 12:20 AM   #39
kq76
Global Moderator

So how does getting greenlit work? Do you have to reach a certain number of pledges and that's it or does Steam look at each individually and say to themselves, if this one reaches X # then we'll greenlight it, but this other game will require X+1000?
Old 10-25-2013, 03:18 AM   #40
Qrusher14242
All Star Starter

i voted for both. I use Steam everyday and its pretty good. I have over 200 games on it. It had a rough start the first few years, but its better now.

I hope it makes it through, i think its based on the # of votes you get. They used to do put through 10/month, but i noticed they've up that lately. They greeenlit 37 this month:

Steam Workshop :: October 16th Batch of Greenlight Titles

From that link:

"These titles were selected on the same criteria we have been using in the past: Votes in Greenlight give us a hugely valuable point of data in gauging community interest along with external factors such as press reviews, crowd-funding successes, performance on other similar platforms, and awards and contests to help form a more complete picture of community interest in each title. "