Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 14 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2013 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 08-05-2013, 07:44 PM   #61
mjj55409
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hefalumps View Post
Is there a way to turn this off? I don't want to readily see how they did in real life - it affects my judgement of a historical player I may not be familiar with, and since I do the "alternate universe" thing and turn player development on, there's a good chance it's not accurate.

I know, I know... I can just ignore it, and I will do that if it can't be disabled. But I'd love to disable it if possible.
Ok? Seriously? Can't turn this off? Who thought this was a good idea?
Old 08-05-2013, 08:05 PM   #62
byzeil
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Is there a way to turn this off? I don't want to readily see how they did in real life - it affects my judgement of a historical player I may not be familiar with, and since I do the "alternate universe" thing and turn player development on, there's a good chance it's not accurate.

I know, I know... I can just ignore it, and I will do that if it can't be disabled. But I'd love to disable it if possible.
The line also shows up in fictional leagues so there is always a stat line labeled "Real" with all zeros. Would be nice to either turn this off or not have it there in fictional play.
Attached Images

Last edited by byzeil; 08-05-2013 at 10:48 PM.
byzeil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 09:28 PM   #63
hefalumps
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by byzeil View Post
The line also shows up in fictional leagues so there is always a stat line labeled "Real" with all zeros. Would be nice to either turn this off or not have it there in fictional play.
Oh wow... that would drive me nuts if I played fictional.

OK... hopefully another little thing (along with the randomly disappearing Facegen faces) that can be addressed in one last mini-patch before Markus and team move on to OOTP15.
hefalumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 09:44 PM   #64
hefalumps
All Star Starter

Hey endgame,

Do you know if this "disappearing face" issue is widespread? It's pretty much happening every time I play out a game now, and it usually happens to the first face that gets generated (typically the leadoff hitter for that game). It's almost like if Facegen is "idle" for awhile, the first face it generates ends up being invisible.

Hope this isn't just happening to me and it can get resolved. For what it's worth, this is a brand new historical league I just created with the latest version, so it's using the FaceFit files. Not sure if it's happening to folks who play fictional or not.

Edit: Never mind it just happened to a player it had happened to previously, but this time he wasn't leading off or even the first batter. So no discernible pattern yet.
Attached Images

Last edited by hefalumps; 08-05-2013 at 11:40 PM.
Old 08-05-2013, 09:48 PM   #65
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Leave it to endgame; he'll get the issue resolved. He more than anyone else knows how to yank the right chain.
pstrickert is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 10:25 AM   #66
david limbaugh
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjj55409 View Post
Ok? Seriously? Can't turn this off? Who thought this was a good idea?
Ditto! Please give us an option to turn this off or on...
Old 08-06-2013, 12:03 PM   #67
Spindel
All Star Reserve

Please give us the option to turn the 'real' stats line off!
Old 08-06-2013, 04:06 PM   #68
Gudy2Shoes
Minors (Single A)

My graphics seem really unstable after this update. They are flashing as different in-game and menu screens open and close.
Gudy2Shoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 04:34 PM   #69
txranger
Hall Of Famer

post deleted by txranger

Last edited by txranger; 08-07-2013 at 01:26 PM.
txranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 05:06 PM   #70
txranger
Hall Of Famer

post deleted by txranger

Last edited by txranger; 08-07-2013 at 01:26 PM.
txranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 06:54 PM   #71
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by byzeil View Post
I must agree. I'm holding off on this patch for this and other reasons which I see in this thread.

- Bru

Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 10:40 PM   #72
hefalumps
All Star Starter

OK, still having disappearing faces happening very often, and now clicking on the player and doing "Same picture" isn't working anymore. PLEASE tell me I'm not the only one and this is a bug that can be fixed - it's getting hugely annoying, especially now that I don't know how to fix it.

Edit: I ended up playing with the Facegen settings, and when I disabled the away uniforms, it finally forced Garver's photo to regenerate, and his face came back. I'll leave away uniforms disabled for now to see if it helps keep this from happening.

I've also opened a ticket with support in case others are experiencing this issue.
Attached Images

Last edited by hefalumps; 08-06-2013 at 10:58 PM.
Old 08-06-2013, 11:13 PM   #73
SigSauer
Bat Boy

2013 draft compensation picks fixed now?

When I start a new league in 2013 it is SO nice to have all the players and their stats there. The one fly in the ointment is that teams that have compensation picks (like Texas' 2) don't have them in OOTP14.

Has that been fixed? Or is there some way for me to tailor the draft order inside the game?
SigSauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 11:34 PM   #74
kehowey
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klew1986 View Post
Anyone that uses a Mac, are you having issues with the FaceGen not working? The ballcaps are all messed up in the player pictures.
I'm using an iMac running OSX 10.8.4. I just download the new patch 14.4.23 and I'm having problems with Facegen. It's not generating any new pictures. I'm not having a problem with caps.
kehowey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 12:49 AM   #75
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
OK, still having disappearing faces happening very often, and now clicking on the player and doing "Same picture" isn't working anymore. PLEASE tell me I'm not the only one and this is a bug that can be fixed - it's getting hugely annoying, especially now that I don't know how to fix it.

Edit: I ended up playing with the Facegen settings, and when I disabled the away uniforms, it finally forced Garver's photo to regenerate, and his face came back. I'll leave away uniforms disabled for now to see if it helps keep this from happening.

I've also opened a ticket with support in case others are experiencing this issue.
Thanks for submitting the ticket. I've also sent you a PM indicating I've noticed that for you and others what's appearing in the pic area is actually a facegen background. Those files belong in their own directory and by default should not be available for facegen to use at all. Are we sure there are no background files inadvertantly placed in the images folders? I can't conceive of any other way those pics could be confused unless they were renamed somehow in some odd process. The pic below, on a PC, shows where those background pics should be, along with the box checked in the setup indicating they should be used. As I think about it, what could be happening is that the box IS checked, the background is being used, but there's no pic to accompany it, leaving just the background in place. Hmmm... that'd mean the face.dat has the player in it, but there's no pic to associate with it, usually the result of a crash. Let me grab a note and attach the pic (just in case) and further the discussion, perhaps even in its own thread about Facegen issues. We'll get it figured out. Hang in there. Just writing out loud right now. Apologies.

Okay, here's an Andreas comment from some time ago. I'll probably repeat this another thread, but let's at least start here with some basic info that was originally intended for the knowledge base:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas
OOTP saves the Facegen data in a file faces.dat. It contains the binary data which describes the person faces. Whenever OOTP creates a Facegen picture for a person, it will add a record to the faces.dat and it will also save the actual picture as a file (player_4711.png).
If OOTP crashes, it will NOT save the faces.dat file. So the binary Facegen data is lost and OOTP will not be able to create the same picture for a person again. But the picture file player_4711.png is still there!
So if you start OOTP next time, OOTP will figure that the file player_4711.png must be a "real player picture" which was added manually or from a photo pack. Because there's no Facegen data, OOTP cannot know that it's a Facegen picture (and the Facegen data is lost anyway).

Unfortunately, there's nothing you can do to "fix" this player picture. You can only click on "create new player picture" for this person to force OOTP to create a new Facegen picture.

If it's a fictional league and you're not using any real pictures, you could also do the following:
- close OOTP
- delete all files from \league folder.lg\news\html\images\person_pictures and \league folder.lg\news\html\images\profile_pictures
- start OOTP again

The persons for whom OOTP still has the binary Facegen data will get fresh pictures with the same faces. All other persons where the binary Facegen data was lost will get new faces and new pictures.

If you want to get some debug information about a player picture, enable the developer tools. Close OOTP and add this to the file /config/app.cfg:

enable_developer_tools

Alternately you can just add the string enable_developer_tools to the command line when you start OOTP (so you could even create a second link to start OOTP with dev tools enabled).

Start OOTP and you should see a line "Show info" in the picture menu on the player page. Click on that line and make a screenshot of the message box. This will help me to tell you what the problem is with a certain picture.
Attached Images
Old 08-07-2013, 02:49 AM   #76
braunfullyaccused
Minors (Single A)

Can someone direct me to the place I should post bugs related to the new version?

In short (I'm assuming it has to do with the improved 40-man AI), after installing the new version, the AI automatically moved two of my injured players, one out 3-4 months, the other 5-6 weeks from my 40-man to the 60 day DL. Both players were in the minor leagues, but it now shows them as being on the MLB club. (and grouped as such on the DL screen) It is showing 45 days left on the 60 day for each (60-15?), which is an arbitrary number, as the injury to the player out 3-4 months occurred over two months ago.

What's even more curious, according to MLB rules, to even utilize the 60 day DL your 40 man must be full – thus shouldn't this have not been allowed?

Looking at the days transactions across the league, it appears the AI also did this for every other team and players it deemed appropriate.

The only option I presently allow the AI control within my entire organization is minor league depth charts.

?
braunfullyaccused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 05:09 AM   #77
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by braunfullyaccused View Post
Can someone direct me to the place I should post bugs related to the new version?

In short (I'm assuming it has to do with the improved 40-man AI), after installing the new version, the AI automatically moved two of my injured players, one out 3-4 months, the other 5-6 weeks from my 40-man to the 60 day DL. Both players were in the minor leagues, but it now shows them as being on the MLB club. (and grouped as such on the DL screen) It is showing 45 days left on the 60 day for each (60-15?), which is an arbitrary number, as the injury to the player out 3-4 months occurred over two months ago.

What's even more curious, according to MLB rules, to even utilize the 60 day DL your 40 man must be full – thus shouldn't this have not been allowed?

Looking at the days transactions across the league, it appears the AI also did this for every other team and players it deemed appropriate.

The only option I presently allow the AI control within my entire organization is minor league depth charts.

?
This is working as designed. Players on the minor league DL who are injured more than 30 days and on the 40-man roster get moved to the 60-day DL. The MLB rule of the 60-day DL only being available for a full roster is not implemented in OOTP.

However, since you only allowed the AI to control the minor league lineups etc, this should not have happened and hence it's a bug that will be fixed in the next maintenance patch.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 05:16 AM   #78
Mantush
Minors (Double A)

Does this update include any changes made to the Real MLB Quickstart?
Mantush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 05:18 AM   #79
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Still unable to click/read/delete manager notes. In fact there's more now than before, none of which I created.
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 05:19 AM   #80
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Hey endgame,

Do you know if this "disappearing face" issue is widespread? It's pretty much happening every time I play out a game now, and it usually happens to the first face that gets generated (typically the leadoff hitter for that game). It's almost like if Facegen is "idle" for awhile, the first face it generates ends up being invisible.

Hope this isn't just happening to me and it can get resolved. For what it's worth, this is a brand new historical league I just created with the latest version, so it's using the FaceFit files. Not sure if it's happening to folks who play fictional or not.

Edit: Never mind it just happened to a player it had happened to previously, but this time he wasn't leading off or even the first batter. So no discernible pattern yet.
Andreas is looking into this

The whole facegen stuff is incredibly complex, it is really hard to test all the possible combinations etc. But we do the best we can, of course.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote