Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - General Discussions

OOTP 14 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2013 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 07-16-2013, 07:08 AM   #21
Andreas Raht
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HercMighty View Post
Markus I am getting an "unhandled exception at 0x7375B60E (ig7icd32.dll) in ootp.exe: 0xC0000005: Access Violation reading location 0x0000002C".

I hit the debug button and doing programming myself VS2012 was able to give me at least this much.
Thanks! That's the OpenGL driver for Windows 8. Please try to disable Facegen: start the game with nofacegen as command line parameter or locate the folder /facegen and rename it to for example /xfacegen. Let me know via PM if that helps to run the game.
If that works, you will not have Facegen so this is just a "work-around". Make sure your video card driver software is up-to-date.
Andreas Raht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 11:56 AM   #22
Syd Thrift
Hall Of Famer

I am really digging the "Last 5 Games" thing on the front page. It's really nice to look and see how a given pitcher (especially) has been doing as of late. Sure, I could just as easily have seen this info before by flipping to the Game Log screen, but having it on the first page for a player means it's going to get seen more.

I am all for having more customization options in general on some of these more-used screens. See also: the Standings page and, ohhhh man... the Newspaper...
The Great American Baseball Thrift Book - Like reading the Sporting News from back in the day, only with fake players. REAL LIFE DRAMA THOUGH maybe not
Syd Thrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 12:24 PM   #23
kingcharlesxii
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
[*]Added contract option type to player salary team report
Thanks for this, it's a simple change but will make things a lot easier for me and I think many other people!
kingcharlesxii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 03:16 PM   #24
Grafton19
Major Leagues

Won't work for mac

Tried to download Beta for macbook.. Keeps saying it OOTP 14 quit after putting in my applications folder.
Grafton19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 03:17 PM   #25
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
The Windows version is working fine for me.
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
The Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 03:23 PM   #26
Grafton19
Major Leagues

It won't let me play game now on mac.. Saying it keeps quitting
Old 07-16-2013, 03:26 PM   #27
Tycobbler
All Star Starter

Re: OOTP 14.4 Update BETA available now! (Update 07/16: Mac + Linux available)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas Raht View Post
No, you don't need to restart a new game. You never need to do that when there's a new version of OOTP
Unless there's a roster update.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
Tycobbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 03:34 PM   #28
Grafton19
Major Leagues

Something told me to stay away from Beta when I finally had a first place team
Old 07-16-2013, 04:19 PM   #29
Grafton19
Major Leagues

Markus- What should I do? I can't load the game at all on mac after trying to download Beta on my mac
Old 07-16-2013, 04:55 PM   #30
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syd Thrift View Post
I am really digging the "Last 5 Games" thing on the front page. It's really nice to look and see how a given pitcher (especially) has been doing as of late. Sure, I could just as easily have seen this info before by flipping to the Game Log screen, but having it on the first page for a player means it's going to get seen more.

I am all for having more customization options in general on some of these more-used screens. See also: the Standings page and, ohhhh man... the Newspaper...
Me too.. I like having information all on one screen.

The newspaper needs redone - or maybe a tab for each team that you click on to see a section about each team.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 05:12 PM   #31
cavebutter
All Star Starter

Just checking- our custom unis and logos won't be overwritten, right? Either way, I think I'm going to hold off updating for my Mac after reading what's going on with other Mac users upthread.

It's going to be hard to wait, though- sounds like there's some great stuff in the update!

Logo Gallery
cavebutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 05:23 PM   #32
statfreak
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grafton19 View Post
Markus- What should I do? I can't load the game at all on mac after trying to download Beta on my mac
You can always go back to an older version of the game.

Index of /ootp/14.3.12

I think the file that ends in .dmg is the Mac version.
Old 07-16-2013, 05:49 PM   #33
david limbaugh
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Hey guys,

initially we had planned to release the 14.4 update along with the start of our All-Star Game Promotion today....
[*]Added team records to box score header
Enjoy!
Markus
You feel like a proud coach when one of your suggestions make the show - don't ya?
Old 07-16-2013, 07:52 PM   #34
tcblcommish
Hall Of Famer

I know it says that this is a BETA but is it stable enough to use now? Any problems with it?
tcblcommish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 08:23 PM   #35
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcblcommish View Post
I know it says that this is a BETA but is it stable enough to use now? Any problems with it?
It's running fine for me.
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
The Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 10:26 PM   #36
playball
Minors (Single A)

Markus, using OSX 10.8.4, facegen has gone a bit strange in this beta.
When editing team colors/logos etc the preview of a player has what looks like a thick black markup outline around his mouth. This carries through into player images in the lineup.

If I ask for a team picture to be generated the screen starts flashing madly, brief images of player faces appear on the screen, and the game crashes. I tried this a couple times and the resulting team photo had many guys with the strange outline around their mouth. Looks like a facegen beard issue ?

- edit - reverted to the previous version and the issue went away, so there is a mac facegen issue with this beta.

OSX 10.8.4
MacBook Pro 8GB RAM

cheers!

Last edited by playball; 07-17-2013 at 11:18 PM. Reason: add extra info
playball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 10:36 PM   #37
VanillaGorilla
All Star Starter

I installed the update at the start of Spring Training. On the final day of Spring Training I lose Vince Coleman for the season and Doug Rader until August. This is obviously a bug.

OK, Vince Coleman I can buy (though no mention of either automatic tarps or cherry bombs were reported in the newspaper...please fix this) but Doug Rader?? C'mon...let's get real...When the guy is a Rader, whatever struck him down, shouldn't he have seen it coming?

What really has me steamed is that I didn't get the All Star discount on the update. Please refund 50% of the $0 I had to pay to get this so-called "update".

Thank You

ADD: Just played my first game with the new install and the in game play is noticably faster with text scroll on "fast"....verrrry cool

However, I lost. Please fix this bug. Thank You.

Side note: My team managed to turn a 8-4-3 triple play, something I had never seen before in OOTP. This is not a bug, since my guy didn't hit into it.

Last edited by VanillaGorilla; 07-16-2013 at 11:04 PM. Reason: ADD
VanillaGorilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 01:05 PM   #38
PSUColonel
Hall Of Famer

Problems with the in game controls lagging on mac
PSUColonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 10:02 PM   #39
ashantewarrier
Hall Of Famer

With this latest beta patch 14.4 build 18, I found a bug:

When using the "Write News Article/Message" under News Listing, the "Insert Player & Team Links" tags are not visible. The links appear under "Read News" but the tags when editing are not visible.
-Jackie Robinson, #42 Brooklyn Dodgers

"Hitting is better than sex." - Reggie Jackson
ashantewarrier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 08:50 AM   #40
Tony79
Minors (Double A)

Just think i've come across a bug with 14.4

A player on my AAA roster(who was also on my 40 man roster) got a 1 day injury. Not only was i notified of the news when i shouldn't have been as i don't have that news option selected also the player was put on the 60 day DL. So now i can't use him for 59 days.

I've seen this quite alot. Players on my minor league rosters who are on my 40 man roster getting minor injuries and getting placed incorrectly on the 60 day D/L

I've never seen this before 14.4

Last edited by Tony79; 07-18-2013 at 09:42 AM.
Tony79 is offline   Reply With Quote