Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - General Discussions

OOTP 14 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2013 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 05-07-2013, 02:55 PM   #21
Ts-Rock
Major Leagues

do you have the latest patch would be my 1st question? And even if you do did you re-start this "test league" after the patch was installed?

per Markus, the latest patch fixed the feeder league creation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
[*]Improved player talent creation in feeder

Cheers,
Markus + Andreas

maybe search the forums also to see if this "HUGE PROBLEM" has been brought up before and if it has been addressed.

2010 114-48, World Series Champions
2011 109-53, 1st Rd Loss to N.F.
2012. 96-66, 1st Rd Loss to L.A.
2013 112-50, World Series Champions
2014 119-43, World Series Champions
2015 124-38, World Series Champions
2016 111-51, LCS Loss to L.A.
2017 110-52, World Series Champions
2018 101-61, 1st Rd Loss to Baffin Island
2019. 98-64, LCS Loss to Baffin Island
2020 103-59,
Ts-Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 03:04 PM   #22
tejdog1
All Star Starter

I do have the latest patch, and I just started this test league today. I can try requesting scouting reports from each team, I might do that.
How I turn my head and lose it all

And it's unnerving
How just one move puts me by myself
There you go just trusting someone else
Now I know I put us both through hell

~Matchbox 20, "Leave"

Everyone knows it's spelled "TRAID", not trade
tejdog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 03:06 PM   #23
tcblcommish
Hall Of Famer

There is a HUGE MASSIVE problem with PCMs in this game

I just started using feeder leagues and I have to say I'm not overly happy with the level of player that comes out of there.

Only been 2 drafts but overall, there is very limited hitting talent but a fair amount if pitching talent.
tcblcommish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 03:09 PM   #24
GrantDawg
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcblcommish View Post
I just started using feeder leagues and I have to say I'm not overly happy with the level of player that comes out of there.

Only been 2 drafts but overall, there is very limited hitting talent but a fair amount if pitching talent.
Been quite happy with mine. I would suggest having more feeders than needed.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 03:14 PM   #25
tejdog1
All Star Starter

I'm rescouting the same one player with every team, and he's invariably rated 20/20 across the board despite OSA insisting he's an 80 potential SP.

Shall I do the same thing for multiple players?

And it's unnerving

~Matchbox 20, "Leave"

Old 05-07-2013, 03:18 PM   #26
BIG17EASY
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejdog1 View Post
I'm rescouting the same one player with every team, and he's invariably rated 20/20 across the board despite OSA insisting he's an 80 potential SP.

Shall I do the same thing for multiple players?
Can't hurt. One player is a pretty small sample size.
BIG17EASY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 03:33 PM   #27
tcblcommish
Hall Of Famer

There is a HUGE MASSIVE problem with PCMs in this game

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
Been quite happy with mine. I would suggest having more feeders than needed.
Maybe that is the problem. I have a 16 team league and college at 16 teams and high school at 32. Think I should use more than that or maybe more college?
Old 05-07-2013, 03:43 PM   #28
GrantDawg
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcblcommish View Post
Maybe that is the problem. I have a 16 team league and college at 16 teams and high school at 32. Think I should use more than that or maybe more college?
Yes. I have 120 college and 120 high school for a 32 team ML. I did 150/150, but that had more talent than really needed. This is coming in pretty close to the created drafts (star wise) and with much better quality stars (good mix of power/speed type hitters. Power and junk ball pitchers). So, I'd say something close to 6-8 times your ML team numbers.
Old 05-07-2013, 03:52 PM   #29
tcblcommish
Hall Of Famer

whoa, never thought of having that much... seems excessive but if you are using it and like it that way, maybe i'll give it a shot

Thanks for the help
Old 05-07-2013, 03:54 PM   #30
ecd1973
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
Yes. I have 120 college and 120 high school for a 32 team ML. I did 150/150, but that had more talent than really needed. This is coming in pretty close to the created drafts (star wise) and with much better quality stars (good mix of power/speed type hitters. Power and junk ball pitchers). So, I'd say something close to 6-8 times your ML team numbers.

You have 240 feeder league teams for a 32 team MLB setup? What is your free agent pool looking like? I was using 150 teams and after 5 years I had over 5000 players in the free agent pool.
ecd1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 03:56 PM   #31
tejdog1
All Star Starter

Just tested out every player OSA rated 70 or better (like 10 of them), every team rescouts him as a 20 potential. And these are "Excellent" at Amateur talent or better scouts. Again, I've never run into this problem before OOTP14, I'm pretty sure there's something wrong here.

And it's unnerving

~Matchbox 20, "Leave"

Old 05-07-2013, 04:04 PM   #32
GrantDawg
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecd1973 View Post
You have 240 feeder league teams for a 32 team MLB setup? What is your free agent pool looking like? I was using 150 teams and after 5 years I had over 5000 players in the free agent pool.
Not that many. Just after the draft there are usually a good many, but by preseason it is not that terrible. And 3/4 of the FA's are half star prospects. When I did 300, there were heaps, and sometimes decent talent there. That's why I switched it this time. I removed 30 off the college level (that was my juco setup) and 30 off high school (that was my international high school league). I also (and you may or may not consider this) added a Extended Rookie league (every team has an affilate, and they play 100 games a season. I also extend the Short A to 100 games). That gives anyone with a semblance of talent a chance to develop. If someone is a free agent, they are most likely not very good at all.
Old 05-07-2013, 04:12 PM   #33
BIG17EASY
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Just tested out every player OSA rated 70 or better (like 10 of them), every team rescouts him as a 20 potential. And these are "Excellent" at Amateur talent or better scouts. Again, I've never run into this problem before OOTP14, I'm pretty sure there's something wrong here.
Hmmmm, ok, here's a thought with no proof/facts/info to back it up. Is it possible that those OSA ratings are based on their current league (the college or HS feeder league) while the scouts are properly rating them based on MLB? I don't know of any setting that you could check to verify this, though.
Old 05-07-2013, 04:22 PM   #34
tejdog1
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG17EASY View Post
Hmmmm, ok, here's a thought with no proof/facts/info to back it up. Is it possible that those OSA ratings are based on their current league (the college or HS feeder league) while the scouts are properly rating them based on MLB? I don't know of any setting that you could check to verify this, though.
I don't think so. AFAIK, everything potential wise gets rated to the majors.

And it's unnerving

~Matchbox 20, "Leave"

Old 05-07-2013, 04:22 PM   #35
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Other team's POV may not be working like you think it does, either. While you may Act As, try selecting their team's scout with all the ratings exposed beyond OVR/POT and I think you'll see a lot of them either remain the same OR just disappear. I'm not certain that commish role entitles you to Act As with all the benefits of the POV. And if you've not selected their scout for the view, then nothing changes because no matter what team you're using, you're still seeing OSA scouting.

Now, if you're really game and want to actually test it, save your game, rename it, and resign from the team, hire on another and look. Do this and you 'may' see a difference. Beyond that, there's the more you see the player, the more you learn. These ratings can look a little different on draft day than day one and they'll refine skills as seasons go by. If it's a first year, the impact of their 'experience' isn't realized as much as you think, either. FWIW

Edit: And yes, HUGE MASSIVE is a bit over-reactive. Also not a fan of these thread subjects. Not that it hasn't happened, but those kinds of problems rarely make it to release, let alone by the second patch.

Last edited by endgame; 05-07-2013 at 04:53 PM.
endgame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 04:23 PM   #36
BIG17EASY
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I don't think so. AFAIK, everything potential wise gets rated to the majors.
That's my understanding, too. But perhaps there's a glitch/bug causing that to happen. I'm basically grasping at straws with that theory, though.
Old 05-07-2013, 04:50 PM   #37
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by statfreak View Post
I hope this thread gets deleted or the title at least changed. I'm tired of seeing these "Chicken Little" threads, especially ones that make wild accusations in the thread title and can't provide any details or proof there is an actual problem.

I actually like helping people that need it, but there are too many negative posts that seem to be posted for no other reason than to bash the game. I'll happily crawl back under my rock and enjoy playing OOTP 14 without noticing any of these problems that seemly affect everyone but me.
I have to agree with this, although I have seen and read tejdog1 here before and he/she is not someone whose only purpose here is to bash the game.

Still, give the game developers a break. I have been playing 14 intensively, and I have seen nothing out of whack with PCM's or the distribution of talent in my draft pools. Someone just looking in to get a feel for game quality will get an unfairly negative impression from such thread title hyperbole.

- Bru

Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 05:07 PM   #38
BIG17EASY
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Déjà Bru View Post
I have to agree with this, although I have seen and read tejdog1 here before and he/she is not someone whose only purpose here is to bash the game.

Still, give the game developers a break. I have been playing 14 intensively, and I have seen nothing out of whack with PCM's or the distribution of talent in my draft pools. Someone just looking in to get a feel for game quality will get an unfairly negative impression from such thread title hyperbole.
You're right, the thread title is bad. But if people judge the quality of the game by thread titles on a message board without even taking the time to read the thread, are they really the type of people who are going to enjoy a game with as much depth as OOTP? Probably not.

Thread title and choice of words aside, tejdog1 has something goofy going on with his game and he came here for help, so those who are dismissing him are going against what these boards are all about, which is helping each other enjoy OOTP to its fullest extent.
Old 05-07-2013, 05:13 PM   #39
tejdog1
All Star Starter

How about this, can I see a screenie of some of your guys draft boards? I gotta assume none of you who are in charge of MLB teams are seeing no pots over 40, am i right?

And it's unnerving

~Matchbox 20, "Leave"

Old 05-07-2013, 05:19 PM   #40
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG17EASY View Post
You're right, the thread title is bad. But if people judge the quality of the game by thread titles on a message board without even taking the time to read the thread, are they really the type of people who are going to enjoy a game with as much depth as OOTP? Probably not.

Thread title and choice of words aside, tejdog1 has something goofy going on with his game and he came here for help, so those who are dismissing him are going against what these boards are all about, which is helping each other enjoy OOTP to its fullest extent.
Good points.

- Bru

Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote