Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > MLB Manager 2016 > MLBM 2016 - General Discussions

MLBM 2016 - General Discussions Talk about MLB Manager 2016, the baseball management simulation for iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android

Old 04-21-2015, 11:36 PM   #1
McGuiser
Major Leagues

Garbled box score, phantom games

So I fired up the game, went to the manager home screen, selected play today and on the game screen selected auto-play the whole game. Then I looked at the box score.

1. The summary at the top shows a 9-7 game in nine innings.

But . . .

2. But adding the scores of each inning shows each team having scored six runs in those nine innings.

3. The batting summary shows each team having scored three runs, and having fewer hits than the summary reports (seven fewer and five fewer).

4. The pitching summary squares with the batting summary, each staff having thrown nine innings and given up three runs.

5. My starter is charged with a loss, and the other team has pitchers credited with the win, holds, and a save.

6. The manager home screen shows that the game has not yet been played.

7. The team schedule shows that the game has not yet been played.

8. The team schedule shows my team as having played 26 games, but . . .

9. The league standings say my team has a record of 14-14.

10. My starting pitcher is exhausted, after 106 pitches today.

11. But wait! Another pitcher, not in this box score, is exhausted having pitched 100 pitches today.

I’ve had similar oddities in previous versions of the game, and ended up with 164 or 165 games in more than a few seasons.

iPad2. Screenshots available.

Any idea what went wrong? Any fix ahead?
McGuiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 07:03 PM   #2
McGuiser
Major Leagues

After those two garbled games, I go to play the next game. I get to the field screen and just as I am selecting "quickplay half inning" I notice there is already a score.

After the top of the first is over, the field screen shows a 9-7 game. The visitors' seven runs is what I saw in the beginning.

The box score summary shows that the game is still in the first inning, no runs in the top, and the bottom half not yet played . . . but the team that has not yet come to bat has nine runs on 12 hits, and the visitors have seven runs on 13 hits.

Below the summary, all the data is right: three players came to bat in the top of the first.

Since the run totals in this game match the first wonky game, it looks as if the game is not re-setting everything to zero after each game.

So, is this repairable, or must I start over (after many hours invested in a fantasy draft, renaming players, trades . . .)?
Old 04-22-2015, 07:42 PM   #3
IAmC
Major Leagues

I have experienced your second situation multiple times in iOOTP. One season, I actually lost the pennant by 1/2 game because of the phantom game. I think that there is no workaround and no easy way for the developers to duplicate it.
IAmC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 09:07 PM   #4
McGuiser
Major Leagues

A workaround?

If we had a way to revert to a saved game, we would have a decent work-around.

I wonder if we could, once we realize what is up, connect our iPad (or whatever) to our laptop and synch so as to replace the game data on the iPad with the last version of the game that was backed up to the computer. I know no one wants to back up frequently, but maybe from this bad-idea starting point someone can figure out some Rube Goldberg fix.

In the meantime, I hope that the developer can get tweak the code to get game data zeroed out after every game. Since I know nothing about coding, this sounds very easy.

I'm not obsessed with the accuracy of stats, but this bug must infuriate some players -- not to mention gamers like you who lose a pennant because of it.
Old 04-28-2015, 06:48 PM   #5
McGuiser
Major Leagues

Just happened again, same season

Today's game had not yet been played but my expected starter was exhausted from throwing 100 pitches -- today.

When I started the game with a different starter, the home team already had two runs on 12 hits. After the game, the innings summary was wacko, but the batters' and pitchers' stats seemed right for one game, not reflecting the phantom 2-1 score before the first pitch.