Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 02-11-2019, 10:21 AM   #21
Willie M
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYY #23 View Post
I didn't even notice that. I hope it doesn't too.
It was a bug. They fixed it with the 10:00 am download.
Willie M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 10:25 AM   #22
pappyzan
All Star Reserve

This new schedule is super nice, no more 20 game stretches with no off days. Was 2 of those each season every season up until this schedule. Adding 3 games in October and not having just a single game for opening day has provided more off days.

Hope this continues for seasons going forward.
pappyzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 10:26 AM   #23
zrog2000
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYY #23 View Post
Who knows if that would have made a difference. Sometimes the best team doesn't always win, but you were also playing at a disadvantage.
My 19 point diamond team was up 2-1 against the 78 point whale who bought a perfect Ruth just for the World Series. But I didn't finish him off.

I fully expect that team to get relegated though. That was all smoke and mirrors.

Last edited by zrog2000; 02-11-2019 at 10:33 AM.
zrog2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 10:28 AM   #24
moalkha
Minors (Triple A)

The Warriors have a tough challenge in the NC West, but I'm looking forward to a great week of hardly fought games.

Good luck everyone.
moalkha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 10:32 AM   #25
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by atabakin View Post
Dunzie mentioned in the other thread that he didn't select "use friends list" instead of "Random"
Ok, That explains him. Thanks.😁
Zorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 10:33 AM   #26
atabakin
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie M View Post
It was a bug. They fixed it with the 10:00 am download.
I'm still showing three October games...
atabakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 10:35 AM   #27
atabakin
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
Here's the census. There are two major whales to deal with, but at least the third outsider is compliant. I hope I didn't miscount anyone.

NC West:
Virginia Beach 42
I've made some upgrades and am now at 48, with maybe a couple more moves to make, depending on what shows up in the auction house.
atabakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 10:38 AM   #28
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrog2000 View Post
GIMHAE's pitching, my god. But he still has Lindor as a SS, weak! Also, how the hell does he have Diaz in the bullpen over Treinen? Also, he's not platooning Pujols with Bonds, just backing him up. This guy doesn't know what he's doing.
Don’t poke the bear my friend.😨
Old 02-11-2019, 10:38 AM   #29
zrog2000
All Star Starter

I love having my two teams in the same league so I don't have to login and logout twice every half hour with my 16 character passwords.
Old 02-11-2019, 10:38 AM   #30
joehart
All Star Starter

Welcome back to another week. What a division.....I hope we can fight off the invaders and give perfect Pedro at least 7 losses during the year (never seen a perfect Pedro with more than 7 losses during a season).
The Warriors fought a 76 point team to a 3-4 loss in the championship but that was lots of luck. I fear my kiddo may have to battle relegation all season.

Glad I am not in the division with Breaker and Zorro. Wow....one long battle ahead.

joehart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 10:38 AM   #31
zrog2000
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
Don’t poke the bear my friend.😨
hehe, just trash talking the guy who isn't here.
Old 02-11-2019, 10:41 AM   #32
zrog2000
All Star Starter

Nice start for my team that is obviously getting relegated.
Attached Images
Old 02-11-2019, 10:43 AM   #33
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

My team really annoyed me with slow starts in the past two seasons. I was unhappy with the run prevention in both of those seasons, and I moved my team more toward pitching and defense in response. This year, I am starting with the best combination of offense and defense - best all-round players if you will.

My offense was poor last year because some key players (Mays, Kaline, Bench) had horrible years at the plate. Cleon Jones will get the assignment over Kaline this year, but I am really counting on Mays and Bench to bounce back.

I did not feel that Ozzie gave me any better defense at short than Rizzuto, and Scooter gives me a little extra pop instead of stolen bases. I think the power fits my team better so I am starting the year with Rizzuto at short but I am not selling Ozzie (yet).

I have enough extra money sitting on my reserve roster to give me an upgrade somewhere, so this could be a decision year for a few players. Pete Alexander is coming off a poor year and he has really been about league average for his entire career. I think I could do better but it would take a lot of points. Pete plus Kaline plus Ozzie might get me close to a better option for the fifth rotation slot, but I need to see if Jones and Rizzuto can carry the load as fulltime players first.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 10:51 AM   #34
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Opening day we lose 9-1. This team can’t hit or pitch. this is going to be a very long week. 🤷*♀️
Old 02-11-2019, 10:55 AM   #35
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

I watch most of my games so I would really appreciate anyone who has not done it yet to add a different 3D Park then the stock park . I play with the Dodger Stadium 3D park so it is fun when I go on the road to see other parks then the original . Thank you in advance.😁
Old 02-11-2019, 11:00 AM   #36
moalkha
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
I watch most of my games so I would really appreciate anyone who has not done it yet to add a different 3D Park then the stock park . I play with the Dodger Stadium 3D park so it is fun when I go on the road to see other parks then the original . Thank you in advance.😁

I'll change mine since we are in the same division and will play a lot of games.
moalkha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 11:00 AM   #37
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

and in case anyone hasn't checked out the mods section, here's a thread with a bunch of nice options for stadiums (I'm using the 1895 Baker Bowl for my pre-ww2 team):

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=287547
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 11:00 AM   #38
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrog2000 View Post
hehe, just trash talking the guy who isn't here.
My luck he will see that post right before he plays me in a 4 game series. 😂
Old 02-11-2019, 11:13 AM   #39
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Some of these people are nuts.(Or rich) Everything cost over 100,000 at the AH. I sure am glad I got my players early. I see a couple of my players who I got for under 20,000 up over 80,000 and 100,000. Inflation or greed? A perfect Pedro will cost 1,000 dollars real money if we every see one on the market again. Lol. I cut loose A 97 Hornsby seasons ago because he did not hit for me and his fielding was terrible. Now he sells for over 100,000. I should have kept him and sold him now. Lol. 😉
Old 02-11-2019, 11:15 AM   #40
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by moalkha View Post
I'll change mine since we are in the same division and will play a lot of games.
Thank you very much my friend. It really makes watching the games more enjoyable. And the way my team started opening day I need all the help I can get in the enjoyment area. 😁