Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 02-10-2019, 11:09 PM   #181
naterg1
Major Leagues

Craig Swan had a strong start in game 5 and Roberto Clemente drove in 4 runs as the Garrickes pulled ahead 3-2 in the series. I have Larry Dierker and Juan Marichal scheduled to pitch in games 6 and 7 if needed. The Stade Black Sox have Dallas Keuchel and Larry Dierker lined up to pitch. I just need to get one more.
naterg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 11:10 PM   #182
Izz
Hall Of Famer

Coming off the back of a complete-game shutout his last time out this postseason, Saltaire's Whitey Ford nearly repeated the feat. The Hoggs rallied in the 9th, however, scoring 2 to deny him what would have been a remarkable accomplishment. Still, he got the win, the final score 3-2 in Saltaire's favor.

Series tied at 2!

A brief history of the Australia-New Zealand Baseball League (AUNZBL 2019-2119)--A Dynasty Report
The National Penterham Four-Bases Association--A Dynasty Report
Izz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 11:38 PM   #183
Izz
Hall Of Famer

Game 5 was a dogfight. Saltaire opened the scoring in the 4th, Healy responded immediately in the bottom of the inning. 2-1 Dragons. Lou Gehrig cracked a 2-out homer in the 5th to extend the Dragons' lead to 2. The Hoggs loaded the bases with nobody out in the 6th, an error from Robinson Cano helping them out, and tied the game up. In the bottom of the 8th McReynolds got a groundball past the SS and Simmons, who'd subbed in as a pinch runner for Santo, scored from 2B to give the Hoggs the lead for the first time in the game.

Cano tried to atone for his error in the top of the 9th with a 1-out single but he was left stranded at 1B, Fingers completing the inning in 7 pitches.

4-3 Hoggs.

Now back to Saltaire needing 1 win to clinch a first-ever championship...

A brief history of the Australia-New Zealand Baseball League (AUNZBL 2019-2119)--A Dynasty Report
Old 02-10-2019, 11:50 PM   #184
Maddox
All Star Reserve

Game 7 of the Silver League series in 10 minutes. My Joe McGinnity against his Kerry Wood.

Perfect Trout is batting 182 in the series so it is time for him to break out and win the game for us.
Maddox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 12:20 AM   #185
naterg1
Major Leagues

The Krathan Garrickes won it all! Roberto Clemente was named MVP! Bronze .255 has a champion!
naterg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 12:21 AM   #186
the54effect
Minors (Single A)

The Borough's Battalion won the Bronze 220 league despite their best efforts. After going 116-46 in their inaugural season (just a game ahead of their chief rivals, the Selawik Wolves) each of their playoff series went the distance- alternating wins with the Wildcard Milwaukee Pelicans before taking game 5, then going up 2-0 on the Roanoke Renegades before dropping three straight and salvaging games 6 and 7... Then doing the same exact thing against the Hamilton Heroes in the championship series.

5BB RF Bryce Harper was the series MVP, and really the essential cog in the Battalion's playoff motor, batting .324 and driving in 19 runs during the team's 19 game post season odyssey, including 7 souvenirs for his fans in the stands.
  • LTBNL (HOU) 2019-2034 & 2041-present 🎫x17🚩🚩🚩🚩🚩🚩🚩🏆🏆🏆🏆
the54effect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 12:26 AM   #187
Izz
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by naterg1 View Post
The Krathan Garrickes won it all! Roberto Clemente was named MVP! Bronze .255 has a champion!
Congrats!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the54effect View Post
The Borough's Battalion won the Bronze 220 league despite their best efforts. After going 116-46 in their inaugural season (just a game ahead of their chief rivals, the Selawik Wolves) each of their playoff series went the distance- alternating wins with the Wildcard Milwaukee Pelicans before taking game 5, then going up 2-0 on the Roanoke Renegades before dropping three straight and salvaging games 6 and 7... Then doing the same exact thing against the Hamilton Heroes in the championship series.

5BB RF Bryce Harper was the series MVP, and really the essential cog in the Battalion's playoff motor, batting .324 and driving in 19 runs during the team's 19 game post season odyssey, including 7 souvenirs for his fans in the stands.
Nice one!!

Old 02-11-2019, 12:32 AM   #188
Maddox
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddox View Post
Game 7 of the Silver League series in 10 minutes. My Joe McGinnity against his Kerry Wood.

Perfect Trout is batting 182 in the series so it is time for him to break out and win the game for us.
And I lost it. One game away!!!

But I got a nice bump in points after the game

Finals Baby - 1,000
Season Over Fantastic Score (911) - 2,000
31 game save streak - 800
Great Glove RF - 250
Great Glove LF - 250
Great Glove SS - 250
Great Bat CF - 250
Pitcher of the Year - 600
MVP - 600

I had also earlier won 800 points for the ERA Crown and Most Pitching Wins

That is 6,800 end of season points for me. Which is good because I used up most of my points by picking up Mordecai Brown to add to the best rotation in the league. Let's see how they do in Gold.

Here is the Pitcher of the year votes. The Hippos had 5 of the 9 vote getters with 4 starters and my closer getting votes. The one starter that did not make the list is the one being replaced by Brown.
Attached Images
Old 02-11-2019, 12:37 AM   #189
scott1964
Hall Of Famer

Denver Bears

PETA.....People Eating Tasty Animals.

scott1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 12:48 AM   #190
Izz
Hall Of Famer

Saltaire went with Brent Honeywell again, while the Hoggs sent out Dennis Martinez, who'd had a superb postseason so far.

The pitchers dueled through the first 3 innings, Martinez finishing the 3rd on 3 pitches. Then, in the bottom of the 4th, Cano and Mickey Mantle singled, Cano advancing to 3B. Kluszewski sac-flied him home to put the Dragons up 1-0.

That seemed to wake Healy up. With 1 out in the top of the 5th, McReynolds punished a fastball into the bleachers to tie the game up. Fox doubled and with 2 outs Suzuki singled him home to put the Hoggs ahead. Terry singled and O'Doul batted Suzuki home. Then Santo got launch angle on a 3-2 pitch. 3-run homer, the score 6-1. Saltaire got a run back in the 7th but that was all they could muster.

6-2 Hoggs, Martinez going the full game for good measure.

This is the Hoggs first Championship, and sees them progress to Diamond *gulp*

Santo took home a Great Bat, and finished 3rd in MVP voting.

McReynolds and Aparicio took home Great Gloves, with Fox somehow missing out to the Chili Peppers Jim Gilliam, despite having a better ZR, efficiency and range (and higher total chances, in less games played).

Fingers finished the season on a 24-game save streak.

Now to plan for next season. Spend or save, spend or save?
Attached Images
Image Image 

Last edited by Izz; 02-11-2019 at 12:56 AM.
Old 02-11-2019, 12:54 AM   #191
Maddox
All Star Reserve

Congratz Izz
Old 02-11-2019, 02:01 AM   #192
camonroe
Minors (Single A)

My Alabama Farmers made it to the Perfect League WS with an all lefty rotation, only to come up short losing 4-2

Great season anyway.
camonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 03:43 AM   #193
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izz View Post
Saltaire went with Brent Honeywell again, while the Hoggs sent out Dennis Martinez, who'd had a superb postseason so far.

The pitchers dueled through the first 3 innings, Martinez finishing the 3rd on 3 pitches. Then, in the bottom of the 4th, Cano and Mickey Mantle singled, Cano advancing to 3B. Kluszewski sac-flied him home to put the Dragons up 1-0.

That seemed to wake Healy up. With 1 out in the top of the 5th, McReynolds punished a fastball into the bleachers to tie the game up. Fox doubled and with 2 outs Suzuki singled him home to put the Hoggs ahead. Terry singled and O'Doul batted Suzuki home. Then Santo got launch angle on a 3-2 pitch. 3-run homer, the score 6-1. Saltaire got a run back in the 7th but that was all they could muster.

6-2 Hoggs, Martinez going the full game for good measure.

This is the Hoggs first Championship, and sees them progress to Diamond *gulp*

Santo took home a Great Bat, and finished 3rd in MVP voting.

McReynolds and Aparicio took home Great Gloves, with Fox somehow missing out to the Chili Peppers Jim Gilliam, despite having a better ZR, efficiency and range (and higher total chances, in less games played).

Fingers finished the season on a 24-game save streak.

Now to plan for next season. Spend or save, spend or save?

Congratulations Izz! I hope you do well in diamond this season. If you do, maybe you'll sign up for Orcin's diamond league? Well, unless you get promoted to perfect, of course!

Len Barker won 1200 pts for me at the end of the season, by winning pitcher of the month, the ERA crown and then pitcher of the year! It's the 1st time I've had a major award, like the pitcher of the year award so that was cool to see. Last season, Carpenter won the ERA crown so after never having had that before, we've now got two straight.
Old 02-12-2019, 02:26 AM   #194
Izz
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by old timer View Post
Len Barker won 1200 pts for me at the end of the season, by winning pitcher of the month, the ERA crown and then pitcher of the year! It's the 1st time I've had a major award, like the pitcher of the year award so that was cool to see. Last season, Carpenter won the ERA crown so after never having had that before, we've now got two straight.
Nice!