Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 01-07-2019, 09:28 PM   #61
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thalion View Post
Oh wow! I don't totally suck!!!!
Post of the thread so far!
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 10:57 PM   #62
PhysicsTeacher
Minors (Single A)

This Fall River team is certainly skewing the standings and the statistics. Today, the Doctrine played the last of a three game series at Fall River. The final score was 29-0. We earned over 10,000 PP, including three gold achievements. As much as I enjoy the occasional blowout win, this is like mugging the elderly or beating up on orphans. Last season, the For the Horde Timi pulled a similar stunt, but they weren't in our division. The game got out of hand so quickly that they started throwing position players in the second inning. Andrus, Jackie Bradley, Jr., and Clyde Milan pitched, among others.

A few more games like this and maybe we can catch the Aqua Sox in Runs Scored.

Last edited by PhysicsTeacher; 01-07-2019 at 10:59 PM.
PhysicsTeacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 08:43 AM   #63
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

I am going to cry a little because I am good at this. In the last few season I was able to coast on Friday And Saturday .(Last season was a little rough on Friday) This team I cannot just set a lineup and leave. If I had to work I would always be a last place team. (I will admit that) I have to tinker every hour of the season. I watch all of my games to get the feel of the players. Who leaves men on third with less then 2 outs , Who only hits when we lead by 5 already, ete. So far I have been very lucky making the playoffs every year by doing this. (Cheating, Kind of, No work to go to.) Now the dilemma, My wife has a birthday on Friday . We have a tradition we do each year where whatever we want to do on our birthday the other person says ok. Now I got a feeling she will not want to watch Rocky Point play each game so Friday might be lost. Now Saturday which is the biggest day because that is finishing day my Mother-in- Law is throwing a huge wing ding for my wife so I lose Saturday also which means in this league I might miss the playoffs for the first time ever. With all the great teams here I might not have made it anyway but without me (Cheating) being here each game it is almost a certainty. I know most of you feel very badly for me so if you would like to pull your best starter in each series these two days I would Truly understand the reason why. Actually this season is the best ever because I have no idea what to do about my pitchers (Except tinker,Tinker and tinker) and we have some of the finest players ever assembled in our league so EVERY game is a challenge. Each year I scout the teams in my Conference and usually there is one or two that I feel Are very good teams that I have to worry about being crushed.This year (Besides Fall River) there is no take a break team to experiment with your pitching. This is one great league. It is a honor playing with you all and the final winner will be a true Champion in my mind. Good luck to all. (Except against me) This is truly a fun league....😁😱🤩🤕😁
Zorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 08:55 AM   #64
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhysicsTeacher View Post
This Fall River team is certainly skewing the standings and the statistics. Today, the Doctrine played the last of a three game series at Fall River. The final score was 29-0. We earned over 10,000 PP, including three gold achievements. As much as I enjoy the occasional blowout win, this is like mugging the elderly or beating up on orphans. Last season, the For the Horde Timi pulled a similar stunt, but they weren't in our division. The game got out of hand so quickly that they started throwing position players in the second inning. Andrus, Jackie Bradley, Jr., and Clyde Milan pitched, among others.

A few more games like this and maybe we can catch the Aqua Sox in Runs Scored.
Can’t get upset because you are and have always been a wonderful team. I just hate the fact that the person who owns Fall River would do this. We have some of the finest players in this league and it is a true honor just to play against them. Now we have some loser coward who disrupts the league because he is to dumb or lazy to try and compete against winners. The only thing I take personal is he hurts my chance of a wild card birth because you have some wonderful teams in your Division that will kill him 19 times a year. Not that they are not capable of winning a spot without Fall River in their Division because they are. But it just makes it a rougher road to tow and more important then ever to win the Division. But as far as you stomping them ....Well....You are a great team and that is what you do.😁
Old 01-08-2019, 09:06 AM   #65
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Z... the Fall River owner is neither dumb nor lazy. He is purposeful tanking which is a violation of the TOS. This owner should be banned.
Old 01-08-2019, 09:11 AM   #66
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

P.S. I went to the Auction house to see if I could shore up my team some and WOW. I see players selling for 750,000 as a starting bid and so many others at 3,4,500000. Are people able to buy these players? I might have to go out and get a job if people are doing this. Lol. I just bought a player for 5,000 and put one up for 5,000.(I feel poor.)I feel I should be looking at the want adds instead of looking at my team and the Auction house. 😨
Old 01-08-2019, 09:15 AM   #67
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
Z... the Fall River owner is neither dumb nor lazy. He is purposeful tanking which is a violation of the TOS. This owner should be banned.
Agreed, But I feel the reason he has to do this is because he is to Dumb and Lazy to compete against us. Aka ‘Loser’.
Old 01-08-2019, 09:29 AM   #68
Kushiel
All Star Starter

People like Fall River ruin a season for everybody that they touch with their immaturity. The Horde team is relegated to Diamond and ruining a league there this week from what I understand. If they do not want to play they should just leave their team in tact and on auto pilot. But, they choose the route that they are taking by trying to tank to a lower level so that they can stroke their ego against weaker teams. They completely distort the outcome of the season no matter how you look at it. They ruin the wildcard races for teams in their conference.

They also cause some teams to have 19 attempts at PP games such as the one that Physics Teacher posted about while others not in their division or even conference have little to no opportunity for such feasts. Their team should be dismantled immediately. They should be permanently banned from ever playing PT again IMHO. If this is not feasible because they spent money, then they should all be placed in a league among themselves, no matter how small or large that league might be. They should be relegated to this league until a new OOTP comes out where they might get another chance.

Kushiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 09:35 AM   #69
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Maybe I am losing it. A friend just called and asked me if I wanted to go get some breakfast. I told him I had to figure out what to do about my pitching staff and a first basemen to hit lefthanded pitchers so how bout maybe a quick lunch later. I heard silence on the phone and finally he says “You need help “ and I think......That is why I am looking for pitchers and a hitter to hit lefthanded pitching. (Maybe I am losing it?).
Old 01-08-2019, 09:37 AM   #70
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushiel View Post
People like Fall River ruin a season for everybody that they touch with their immaturity. The Horde team is relegated to Diamond and ruining a league there this week from what I understand. If they do not want to play they should just leave their team in tact and on auto pilot. But, they choose the route that they are taking by trying to tank to a lower level so that they can stroke their ego against weaker teams. They completely distort the outcome of the season no matter how you look at it. They ruin the wildcard races for teams in their conference.

They also cause some teams to have 19 attempts at PP games such as the one that Physics Teacher posted about while others not in their division or even conference have little to no opportunity for such feasts. Their team should be dismantled immediately. They should be permanently banned from ever playing PT again IMHO. If this is not feasible because they spent money, then they should all be placed in a league among themselves, no matter how small or large that league might be. They should be relegated to this league until a new OOTP comes out where they might get another chance.
Well said my friend. I feel the exact same way..
Old 01-08-2019, 12:22 PM   #71
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

I just noticed Fall River put the first team back in.
Old 01-08-2019, 12:29 PM   #72
CrazyWR
All Star Reserve

Wonder if that was voluntary
CrazyWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 01:21 PM   #73
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

My team suffered their first casualty this morning. SP Pedro Martinez was sold to the first person that would pay me what I paid for him. I decided that Larry Dierker couldn't be any worse. I had the 96 Martinez, and the two better ones are really a lot better. This one was inconsistent in diamond, and I didn't want to see a whole season of perfect from him. I will be on the lookout for an upgrade but I will need more points first. In the meantime, Dierker will get to play with the big boys.
Old 01-08-2019, 01:48 PM   #74
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I just noticed Fall River put the first team back in.
Thanks to all who reported that coward.👍
Old 01-08-2019, 01:51 PM   #75
Thalion
Major Leagues

I seem to be hanging in there so far. At least for the first day.

Played approximately .500 ball against the 2 scary teams in my division, the New Orleans team and Kush's Horned Toads (Frogs?).

Not sure how today is going thus far. All I hope to do is avoid relegation this year.
Thalion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 02:01 PM   #76
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

After watching my 7 game road trip I have come to the conclusion (Being the great observer I am) that We suck. I got out pitched, out hit and just totally out played. Also it does not matter if I watch or not because there is only one pattern I have found and that pattern is “losing”. I hate to lose but as I look around the league and see all the great teams in it I think “What do you expect on the road, These teams are very good.” Does that make me feel better. No. I hope we can turn this around when we get home because otherwise this could be a long week. Lol....🙏. 😁
Old 01-08-2019, 02:12 PM   #77
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Played approximately .500 ball against the 2 scary teams in my division, the New Orleans team and Kush's Horned Toads (Frogs?).

Not sure how today is going thus far. All I hope to do is avoid relegation this year.
You are holding up fine my friend. You are 17-17 and just 3 and a half out of first. 😁
Old 01-08-2019, 02:41 PM   #78
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
After watching my 7 game road trip I have come to the conclusion (Being the great observer I am) that We suck.
If you suck, then I totally suck.

It's pretty hard to understand why certain players go through long periods of low production when they should be good. Some guys, for whatever reason that eludes me, just don't perform to their ratings on a consistent basis. Other guys just seem to outplay their ratings every time they get a shot. Then, for some stupid reason that eludes me, I decide that the guy who is overperforming has just been lucky and needs to be upgraded... so I replace him with some guy who should be better but in fact always plays worse. Then I sell the worse guy, losing some PP in the process, and put the lower-rated guy back in and the cycle repeats. Will I ever learn? Stay tuned.
Old 01-08-2019, 02:45 PM   #79
CrazyWR
All Star Reserve

Quote:
If you suck, then I totally suck.

It's pretty hard to understand why certain players go through long periods of low production when they should be good. Some guys, for whatever reason that eludes me, just don't perform to their ratings on a consistent basis. Other guys just seem to outplay their ratings every time they get a shot. Then, for some stupid reason that eludes me, I decide that the guy who is overperforming has just been lucky and needs to be upgraded... so I replace him with some guy who should be better but in fact always plays worse. Then I sell the worse guy, losing some PP in the process, and put the lower-rated guy back in and the cycle repeats. Will I ever learn? Stay tuned.
Narrator: He, in fact, did not learn. This is the story of how he slowly became gripped with madness and was cast out of the village for constantly muttering numbers to anyone who would listen.
CrazyWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 02:50 PM   #80
Kushiel
All Star Starter

Quote:

You have a pretty good start going. We are all bunched up fairly tight in our division with 5 games from first to worst. I missed competing with your attention to detail last season.

Kushiel is offline   Reply With Quote