Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 12-18-2018, 01:01 AM   #61
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janks View Post
Are you the Clippers? I came into G286 with the worst record and the only one below .500.

Somehow I am leading the AC Central.
Yeah, I'm the Clippers. So your team went from sub-500 to super hot! 19-5 and best record in AC. Pretty cool.

It looks like our teams don't play until July. Surprising, considering we're in the same division.

Just curious, how much did you upgrade since last season? Is this mostly the same team or ...?
Old 12-18-2018, 01:06 AM   #62
scott1964
Hall Of Famer

Every once in a while my crap Bronze Team, the Trenton Minutemen does something good.

PETA.....People Eating Tasty Animals.

scott1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 01:09 AM   #63
5rings
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunzie View Post

If anyone is looking for a real bargain on a Machado card... may still be some time left on this one...

Yeah, the last 24 hours the starting prices in the AH just got stupid. Some rich guys not paying attention to the market. Or trying to raise it Wish I was P2P, there were some great values recently....today (when I have earned PP), not so much....
5rings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 01:10 AM   #64
scott1964
Hall Of Famer

Meanwhile over in the Silver League, the Denver Bears are holding their won at 13-13.

PETA.....People Eating Tasty Animals.

scott1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 01:27 AM   #65
Janks
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by old timer View Post
Yeah, I'm the Clippers. So your team went from sub-500 to super hot! 19-5 and best record in AC. Pretty cool.

It looks like our teams don't play until July. Surprising, considering we're in the same division.

Just curious, how much did you upgrade since last season? Is this mostly the same team or ...?
This is a FTP team and I had sold a Mookie Betts from a pack that I opened in week one. I bought a few packs yesterday and got Kyle Hendricks, Tony Fernandez, Rocky Colavito (Gold). I tried to sell them during the playoffs and couldn't move them, so I added them to my roster.

Rocky replaced Puig and Rocky has been a beast. He started a little slow and he's now batting .354 with a .729 SLG for a 1.166 OPS. He also generates runs. He's scored 20 and has 24 RBI for April (24 games).

I think I have more hits in April that I did in all of last year. The team is hitting .323. Cecil Cooper is making up for hitting .285 last year. His card is based on a .352 season and this year he is hitting .402
Janks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 01:35 AM   #66
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janks View Post
This is a FTP team and I had sold a Mookie Betts from a pack that I opened in week one. I bought a few packs yesterday and got Kyle Hendricks, Tony Fernandez, Rocky Colavito (Gold). I tried to sell them during the playoffs and couldn't move them, so I added them to my roster.

Rocky replaced Puig and Rocky has been a beast. He started a little slow and he's now batting .354 with a .729 SLG for a 1.166 OPS. He also generates runs. He's scored 20 and has 24 RBI for April (24 games).

I think I have more hits in April that I did in all of last year. The team is hitting .323. Cecil Cooper is making up for hitting .285 last year. His card is based on a .352 season and this year he is hitting .402
That batting average of yours is not only the highest in the AC, it's the highest in the whole league and by a lot (+26 pts). Crazy good start. Maybe your North Pole Santa can make it to the playoffs this year.

Wow, nice luck with getting the Betts card. It looks like Santa gave a present to himself. [Yeah, lame joke.]
Old 12-18-2018, 01:44 AM   #67
Janks
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
That batting average of yours is not only the highest in the AC, it's the highest in the whole league and by a lot (+26 pts). Crazy good start. Maybe your North Pole Santa can make it to the playoffs this year.

Wow, nice luck with getting the Betts card. It looks like Santa gave a present to himself. [Yeah, lame joke.]

Yes, Santa may wear red, but doesn't have any Red Sox. They would clash with my uniforms.

And the only cookie cutter players are in the bullpen. I've had a revolving door there.

It would be nice to make the playoffs. I only got to lose the WC game in the Beta.
Janks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 03:39 AM   #68
2002halos
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushiel View Post
My Horned Frogs are in Gold 301 and my FTP team the Happy Plankton are in Gold 307. They were the 15th on the promote list so this gold season should be challenging for them.

In Gold 301 there are at least 14 of us that I/we have been competing against during the past bronze and silver seasons. All of us have appeared in the playoffs the past two seasons at least once, I think. So the rivalries begin to emerge.

Good luck everybody, no matter what level you are competing in.
Gold .301 is brutal. My "second" team American Angels (restricted to former Angels or their relatives, and filled in with American-born players) is in Gold .291. My second team isn't nearly as "stacked" as my Gold .301 Game of Thrones team, but looking at the competition has an excellent chance to reach Game 7 of the WS for the third straight year.

Meanwhile in .301, I'm doubting I'll make the postseason at all.
Argh... Especially now that Steam arbitrarily decided to protect me from spending my own money. That AH deal I just found will be long gone when I get this straightened out.

Good luck to Thorpe Springs this season, and even more to the Happy Plankton who I don't face!
2002halos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 03:43 AM   #69
2002halos
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thalion View Post
Man, Gold 301 is like the league of death.
Isn't it though?!?!?

It has at least 10 teams that would easily top the other Gold league that my "second" best team is in. Second in quotes because due to easier competition it has far outperformed my first team.
Old 12-18-2018, 03:55 AM   #70
2002halos
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vyshka View Post
I see 2 stacked teams are in my division this season. Going to be another rough one. Good luck over there in the other conference.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk
Yeah, one of those is mine... But right now I'm only second in the Wild Card, and expect to have to fight/make upgrades to even make the playoffs, because there's 3 more stacked teams in our conference.

I'm Dragonstone Flames, formerly Targaryen Dragons, formerly Seven Kingdoms Knights. (And yes they will be renamed every year )

Best of luck to you when we're not head-to-head!
Old 12-18-2018, 04:09 AM   #71
vyshka
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2002halos View Post
Yeah, one of those is mine... But right now I'm only second in the Wild Card, and expect to have to fight/make upgrades to even make the playoffs, because there's 3 more stacked teams in our conference.

I'm Dragonstone Flames, formerly Targaryen Dragons, formerly Seven Kingdoms Knights. (And yes they will be renamed every year )

Best of luck to you when we're not head-to-head!
My goal is to avoid relegation if possible and watch all of you guys move up to diamond. I've played some close games with some people, but mostly it is a slaughter.

Last edited by vyshka; 12-18-2018 at 04:11 AM.
vyshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 08:21 AM   #72
Maddox
All Star Reserve

My main team ended the day 14-12 in the Gold league, which is good considering that the middle of my order slumped badly.
  • Hack Wilson fell below the .200 mark several times in the month most recently on the 18th.
  • Chipper Jones ended the month at .174.
  • Alvin Dark finished the month at .196
  • Patrick Corbin has a 4.35 ERA after finishing last year at 4.52. Everybody elses Corbin seems to perform better than mine.

My Cardinals team in Bronze also finished 14-12. The biggest disappointments on that team so far are
  • Johnny Mize hitting .229 with only one HR.
  • Marcel Ozuna batting .134
I currently have only 800 PP so I'll need to earn quite a few more if I hope to replace Ozuna.
Maddox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 08:52 AM   #73
NYY #23
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Nice team! It's fun seeing a team with a lot of historical players. Congratulations on the great start.
Thanks! Definitely wanted to try something a little different and was lucky enough to stumble on some good deals on historical players. I don't mind having a few modern players on my team, but want a little uniqueness.
NYY #23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 08:58 AM   #74
NYY #23
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
Congrats on the great start!

Can I borrow some of the smoke and mirrors that you are using?
Thanks - the secret to my success, don't get placed in the same division as a beast team. I know I'll cool off, but this is the first time I've at least got a shot at winning the division since we started.
Old 12-18-2018, 09:20 AM   #75
zrog2000
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYY #23 View Post
Thanks - the secret to my success, don't get placed in the same division as a beast team. I know I'll cool off, but this is the first time I've at least got a shot at winning the division since we started.
I also have Dierker, Medina and Barker in my rotation. It's hard to give them up for "better" cards.
zrog2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 09:42 AM   #76
NYY #23
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrog2000 View Post
I also have Dierker, Medina and Barker in my rotation. It's hard to give them up for "better" cards.
That's very true. They've definitely pitched better than some diamonds for me. I'm going to keep running them out there until they give me a reason not too.
Old 12-18-2018, 09:48 AM   #77
Thalion
Major Leagues

I'm actually kind of pleased right now as I am 14-12 after the first day. After looking through the league (someone mentioned in another thread that there were 66 perfects in the league), I decided that my goal this year was to be competitive and finish around .500. I'm a tad bit above that right now so I feel okay.

Man, my vaunted pitching staff I am so proud of is being brutalized so far, though.
Thalion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 10:44 AM   #78
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYY #23 View Post
That's very true. They've definitely pitched better than some diamonds for me. I'm going to keep running them out there until they give me a reason not too.
The Len Barker card is essentially fictional. He gets a huge adjustment from normalization because he was much better than the league over the 22 starts he made in a strike-shortened season. But he wasn't outstanding that year, or any other year for that matter. The ratings should be a gold card, making this one of those easter egg cards, like Ichiro, that were undervalued on purpose and then planted for us to find. I don't like it because everyone is forced to decide if they want to run this card or pay more for something that does less. In the silver and under tourney, every team will run this card.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 10:48 AM   #79
Maddox
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
The Len Barker card is essentially fictional. He gets a huge adjustment from normalization because he was much better than the league over the 22 starts he made in a strike-shortened season. But he wasn't outstanding that year, or any other year for that matter. The ratings should be a gold card, making this one of those easter egg cards, like Ichiro, that were undervalued on purpose and then planted for us to find. I don't like it because everyone is forced to decide if they want to run this card or pay more for something that does less. In the silver and under tourney, every team will run this card.

Every time I see the Barker card on the auction house he is going for gold level prices anyway. He certainly is not a bargain.
Maddox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 10:53 AM   #80
zrog2000
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddox View Post
Every time I see the Barker card on the auction house he is going for gold level prices anyway. He certainly is not a bargain.
I bought him for 3333 PP.
zrog2000 is offline   Reply With Quote