Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 12-03-2018, 11:57 PM   #41
Josquin
Minors (Triple A)

Len Barker's ratings are better than some diamond-level pitchers. He costs an arm and a leg at the AH though.
Attached Images
Josquin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 02:46 AM   #42
DonkeyKongSr
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josquin View Post
Len Barker's ratings are better than some diamond-level pitchers. He costs an arm and a leg at the AH though.
Len Barker and Larry Dierker used to both be 73 and were two of the best pitchers in the beta across all the different seasons I played with my 3 teams. Barker was almost always on the pitcher stat leaderboard and played great for me when I picked him up in the last season of the beta. I personally won a Cy Young + MVP with Dierker one season and went to a WS Game 7 and then next season won a WS with him as my Ace, even though he was my lowest rated starter.

Both players have had their overalls bumped up, with Dierker now an 83 Gold. I grabbed him early in the Entry pool and he was great again for me, but he mostly got rocked today in league play. I'm sure he'll turn it around soon.

Since the beta ended, I can't seem to find Barker in the AH. I've seen tons of Dierkers.EDIT: Nevermind, had to click off the Cards That I Can Afford. He's starting at 5K with 6K BIN. Worth it and I've got 4.3K right now. Might dump a gold to afford him.

EDIT 2: Another team has a Dierker as the #1 WAR pitcher after Day 1 of my league, so it's looking like I've just had bad luck so far (mine did get crushed in the season opener against a Diamond+ superteam and lost a Dierker vs. Dierker showdown).

Last edited by DonkeyKongSr; 12-04-2018 at 03:42 AM.
DonkeyKongSr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 03:07 AM   #43
DonkeyKongSr
All Star Reserve

And Dierker is #5 in WAR in my 2nd league and #11 in my 3rd. No one seems to be running a Barker though. Weird. Well, I am now, so we'll see how this goes. My World Series winning Barker-Dierker tandem is back together.

Last edited by DonkeyKongSr; 12-04-2018 at 03:15 AM.
Old 12-04-2018, 03:36 AM   #44
Josquin
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyKongSr View Post
Since the beta ended, I can't seem to find Barker in the AH. I've seen tons of Dierkers.EDIT: Nevermind, had to click off the Cards That I Can Afford. He's starting at 5K with 6K BIN. Worth it and I've got 4.3K right now. Might dump a gold to afford him.
I guess I was lucky to get him for 2,700 PP then. I also got Dierker for 1700 PP. Their ratings did look very good, but I didn't know they were in such demand.
Attached Images
Image Image 

Last edited by Josquin; 12-04-2018 at 03:49 AM.
Old 12-04-2018, 03:47 AM   #45
DonkeyKongSr
All Star Reserve

One more historic pitcher to keep an eye out for: George Pipgras. I saw him doing well several times in my beta leagues, but I've never found him in the AH. He's not in any of my 3 leagues right now either, so hI can't look up his ratings, but I think he's a silver.
Old 12-04-2018, 03:50 AM   #46
Josquin
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
One more historic pitcher to keep an eye out for: George Pipgras. I saw him doing well several times in my beta leagues, but I've never found him in the AH. He's not in any of my 3 leagues right now either, so hI can't look up his ratings, but I think he's a silver.
Oh, I think I reported that card to Markus, as it seemed very overpowered and wasn't supposed to be there. I think it's been removed.
Old 12-04-2018, 04:03 AM   #47
DonkeyKongSr
All Star Reserve

Quote:
I guess I was lucky to get him for 2,700 PP then. I also got Dierker for 1700 PP. Their ratings did look very good, but I didn't know they were in such demand.
That first Barker price is nuts for a silver, but again, he may be worth it if he wasn't nerfed for the reset. He's got 20 wins a year in him and a bunch of Corner Painters (10 K's = 80 PP) and Putting Up Zeroes (Shutout = 100 PP).

Last edited by DonkeyKongSr; 12-04-2018 at 04:06 AM.
Old 12-04-2018, 04:21 AM   #48
Josquin
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
That first Barker price is nuts for a silver, but again, he may be worth it if he wasn't nerfed for the reset. He's got 20 wins a year in him and a bunch of Corner Painters (10 K's = 80 PP) and Putting Up Zeroes (Shutout = 100 PP).
Compare his ratings to a Tom Seaver perfect card, and that 13,000 PP price doesn't seem so crazy anymore. They are not that far off in ratings.
Attached Images
Old 12-04-2018, 11:50 AM   #49
uvm87
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Alan Wiggins - take note

Someone earlier in the thread suggested Alan Wiggins as an over-achiever and after only 8 games, he's already well worth the price.

I picked him up for 125pp and and so far:
a) he is hitting .378/.410/.486 (I know, 8 games is far from a full season)
b) he has hits in 7 of 8 games
c) he has multiple hits in 5 of 8
d) he has reached base twice in 6 of 8 games.

Maybe most important, he has already earned back 70pp of my 125pp spent.
uvm87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 01:33 PM   #50
DonkeyKongSr
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by uvm87 View Post
Someone earlier in the thread suggested Alan Wiggins as an over-achiever and after only 8 games, he's already well worth the price.

I picked him up for 125pp and and so far:
a) he is hitting .378/.410/.486 (I know, 8 games is far from a full season)
b) he has hits in 7 of 8 games
c) he has multiple hits in 5 of 8
d) he has reached base twice in 6 of 8 games.

Maybe most important, he has already earned back 70pp of my 125pp spent.
He'll get you 3 and 4, and maybe 5 SB games throughout the season. I think 5 is worth 2500 now, but it was something like 9000 for part of the beta.
Old 12-04-2018, 01:36 PM   #51
DonkeyKongSr
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Barker in his first 2 starts for me:

Game 1: 7 inning, 5 ER No Decision
Game 2: 139 pitch, 14 K 4-hit shutout (180 PP)

Guess he needed a warmup game.

And Dierker is now on a 4 game win streak with ~2 ERA over that run after his bad start. Love these guys and I had no idea who they were a month ago.

Last edited by DonkeyKongSr; 12-04-2018 at 01:39 PM.
Old 12-04-2018, 01:38 PM   #52
Willie M
Minors (Double A)

I can't post the card right now but love my Marty Cordova card. Rare mix of power and fielding for a lower rating. He hit almost 30 home runs in the entry season.
Willie M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 01:54 PM   #53
uvm87
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
He'll get you 3 and 4, and maybe 5 SB games throughout the season. I think 5 is worth 2500 now, but it was something like 9000 for part of the beta.
Sweet!

I appreciate the help here with the "over-achievers". This is the kind of team I like to assemble and use my awards to hopefully grab one or two studs. I think that unless OOTP starts to balance these leagues, Perfect Team will die a quick death. If I keep getting placed in a league with 5-6 teams that each have several 90-100 rated players, like now, there's no point. I'd rather lose 90 games to teams that I am competitively balanced with. My league isn't even Red Sox or Yankees vs. Reds and Royals. It's more Red Sox or Yankees vs. NH Fishercats and Durham Bulls.
uvm87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 02:01 PM   #54
BoofBonser26
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by uvm87 View Post
I think that unless OOTP starts to balance these leagues, Perfect Team will die a quick death. If I keep getting placed in a league with 5-6 teams that each have several 90-100 rated players, like now, there's no point. I'd rather lose 90 games to teams that I am competitively balanced with. My league isn't even Red Sox or Yankees vs. Reds and Royals. It's more Red Sox or Yankees vs. NH Fishercats and Durham Bulls.
Promotion/relegation will take care of this.

Long-term, if there are so many stacked teams that "Perfect" teams are filling up both the Perfect and Diamond levels, I'm sure they'll adjust the size of the tiers or make other tweaks.

PT is going to change a lot - we're still weeks away from "normal". And having actual living Live cards in OOTP20 is going to be a major factor in the game that is completely absent now.
BoofBonser26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 02:09 PM   #55
zrog2000
All Star Starter

What I am finding (and it makes perfect sense) is that your competition determines a lot about how well your cards do. I'm in a division with 4 other stacked teams and all the players who should be doing very well for my team are severely underperforming because they're facing Kershaw, Pedro, Randy or Walter Johnson, etc. every damn game. Same goes for the pitchers facing a lineup of Mookie Betts, Barry Bonds, Babe Ruth, etc. Even my base stealers can't do crap because they're getting thrown out by Johnny Bench's.

My Ichiro will struggle to hit .300 this season and I even have LHB AVG set to 1.1. He has -0.3 WAR so far. My Joey Votto is hitting .182 and he's even being platooned. My Jed Gyorko has a 29 wRC+. My Larry Dierker has a 5.14 ERA.

Really looking forward to next week to get away from these teams.

Last edited by zrog2000; 12-04-2018 at 02:16 PM.
zrog2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 04:38 PM   #56
Morug
Major Leagues

I collect all the Expos player cards, and my more undervalued is Denis Boucher...great pitching from him..era always in the 2.50-3.50 range.
Morug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 04:41 PM   #57
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morug View Post
I collect all the Expos player cards, and my more undervalued is Denis Boucher...great pitching from him..era always in the 2.50-3.50 range.
Did you snipe the Wallach card from me a few days ago? If so, ...
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 04:47 PM   #58
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
One of the more fortunate purchases I've made. One night just before bed, I threw a bid out for Wallach [EDIT: 72 OVR version] at the set minimum price (500, which is not a total steal, but I thought it was below market value for sure) several hours before the end. I woke up to find that nobody outbid me, and he has been my starting 3B since

His power and defense have been great! Now, if I could just get him to start hitting for more avg than .150

Last edited by Dogberry99; 12-04-2018 at 04:48 PM.
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 04:49 PM   #59
Morug
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
Never seen the Wallach one, so not me. I'll looking for him now:P

Some players are very hard to find...Lansgton, Vlad by example, Pedro expos version too...rarely see one available.
Morug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 04:53 PM   #60
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogberry99 View Post
One of the more fortunate purchases I've made. One night just before bed, I threw a bid out for Wallach [EDIT: 72 OVR version] at the set minimum price (500, which is not a total steal, but I thought it was below market value for sure) several hours before the end. I woke up to find that nobody outbid me, and he has been my starting 3B since

His power and defense have been great! Now, if I could just get him to start hitting for more avg than .150
Yeah, I didn't even know we had one, so the one I saw had a min price around that 500 mark I think, and I put in a bid of like 999, thinking that that would be more than enough to secure it for my collection. I was fine until literally with 1 second to go in the auction I got a notice that I was outbid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morug View Post
Never seen the Wallach one, so not me. I'll looking for him now:P

Some players are very hard to find...Lansgton, Vlad by example, Pedro expos version too...rarely see one available.
I've got the Langston card. Underrated card, too. While he's not winning me a ton of games, he's still able to hit the 10k mark to snag me solid points. Definitely very solid for a 72 OA card.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote