Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 12-03-2018, 02:26 AM   #1
Maddox
All Star Reserve

The Season 1 Discussion Thread

Thought maybe people would be interested in a Season discussion thread where we can talk about how our teams are doing. What is going right and what is going wrong. Anything at all about season 1 as we all move into rookie.

This is the team I am starting with. Pretty happy with the offensive lineup. They don't hit a lot of homeruns but they do hit for average and steal bases. My starters had the 3rd best ERA in my entry league but I am not sure I can can't on that from this bunch. What I need to work on as we progress through season one are my relievers. Some over performed (Robert Gsellman) and other under performed (Wander Suero)
Attached Images
Maddox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 02:32 AM   #2
vyshka
Major Leagues

Away from home on a short family trip to ride the Polar Express, do can't post my team. Right now it seems to he a defensive/pitching focused team. They don't score a lot of runs, but they haven't allowed many as well so they have done fairly well in the EP. I'm hoping there are some pp waiting when I get back tomorrow to maybe upgrade a position for the rookie league.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

vyshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 04:46 AM   #3
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

This first season has a chance to get rather dicey for me, as I have 3 starters playing out of position. I have been rather happy with the tentative results I've been seeing in the Entry Pool though, so here's hoping...
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 06:26 AM   #4
Bunktown Ballers
All Star Starter

Infractions: 0/1 (2)
How do i post an image?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddox View Post
Thought maybe people would be interested in a Season discussion thread where we can talk about how our teams are doing. What is going right and what is going wrong. Anything at all about season 1 as we all move into rookie.

This is the team I am starting with. Pretty happy with the offensive lineup. They don't hit a lot of homeruns but they do hit for average and steal bases. My starters had the 3rd best ERA in my entry league but I am not sure I can can't on that from this bunch. What I need to work on as we progress through season one are my relievers. Some over performed (Robert Gsellman) and other under performed (Wander Suero)

I've had a few things I wanted to post but can't figure out how. Can any swag-fu be thrown my way on how it's done? Thanks for the help or no help. Either way I'm happy

BB
Louisiana Crawdads
Bunktown Ballers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 08:25 AM   #5
Kushiel
All Star Starter

Use an image storage site. I use postimage.org, it is free and easy. There is a forum link then under your uploaded image there that you can click on and copy the url for forums. Then in your post here use the add image button and paste the copied url into the box. Click preview then and you can see whether all worked well before you post it. Maybe I am not the best explainer but it is pretty much as easy a I tried to put.

Kushiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 09:01 AM   #6
Maddox
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunktown Ballers View Post
I've had a few things I wanted to post but can't figure out how. Can any swag-fu be thrown my way on how it's done? Thanks for the help or no help. Either way I'm happy

BB
Louisiana Crawdads
When you reply there is a button under additional options called manage attachments. I simply save my screenshot to my PC and then upload it using that option and it shows up like my original post. That seems simpler than hosting it on a 3rd party site and linking it.
Old 12-03-2018, 09:04 AM   #7
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
When you reply there is a button under additional options called manage attachments. I simply save my screenshot to my PC and then upload it using that option and it shows up like my original post. That seems simpler than hosting it on a 3rd party site and linking it.
Wow, Sounds much easier. Thanks.
Zorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 09:14 AM   #8
f_monster
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Will be EXTREMELY tough sledding for the Cartersville Cardinals going into the inaugural Rookie season. After glancing at only my division it looks like I will have a hard time winning 60 games. The team performed around .500 all preseason with a slight dip at the end. That will not be the case this year as there are many STACKED teams to contend with.

Goal for the year,... survive and try to get better!
f_monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 09:18 AM   #9
Maddox
All Star Reserve

I looked at my division and I see no teams that are overly stacked. There are good looking teams though that will make the season a challenge. Looking forward to it but we will be around 8 hours into the league before I can check to see how things are going.
Old 12-03-2018, 09:50 AM   #10
Ormondbeachdan
Minors (Triple A)

I had 1000 pp this morning when I did my check.. So I bought a pack and it ends up my best pack ever!.. TWO GOLDS!! Machado and a Reggie Jackson!.. I was overdue!
Ormondbeachdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 09:54 AM   #11
f_monster
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ormondbeachdan View Post
I had 1000 pp this morning when I did my check.. So I bought a pack and it ends up my best pack ever!.. TWO GOLDS!! Machado and a Reggie Jackson!.. I was overdue!
Congrats! Killer pack!

I, too, woke to an additional 1000 PP, but not quite the luck. That said, 2 of the cards were upgrades of my bench!
Old 12-03-2018, 09:58 AM   #12
f_monster
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Btw, is it just me or did the game clock seem to REALLY slow down?
Old 12-03-2018, 10:07 AM   #13
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

Here I sit in the office, all alone, trying to account for whichever amounts no greater than $3.50 for services rendered to customers my client is not going to be reimbursed for anyway, when I could be at home and take a look at my division and decide whether it is time for The Purge.

SIGH.

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 10:08 AM   #14
sentry85
Minors (Single A)

i have an interesting team that i am fielding. brock, wills, sax, marte, and inciarte leading our theft department. our entire lineup including subs only has 4 guys with steal ratings under 12 (yes i use the 1-20 ratings). i have a little power with perez, bonilla and schwarber. i think my pitching is decent, not great nobody over 79, but it is the run manufacturing that i am looking forward too.
sentry85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 11:22 AM   #15
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

I have two teams.

The Louisville Colonels are my main team. I spent $40 on PP and bought 50 packs. With the starter packs and initial PP/achievements, I ended up opening sixty packs on day 1. My idea was to open everything, sell the duplicates, and play the rest. I got a perfect deGrom, six diamonds (Kluber, Carrasco, Judge, Arrenado, Edwin Diaz, Joe Nathan), and seven golds including Jim Bunning and Buster Posey. The yield of silver was below average but the diamonds were about double what you would expect from sixty packs and pulling deGrom certainly made me happy. After this haul, I thought about selling some of the diamonds but I stuck to my original plan and built the team around this core. I auctioned/autosold the duplicates, commons, most of the bronze, and a couple of golds that did not fit, and bought a few golds/silvers to add depth and fill holes.

Here's the resulting team:

Name:  colonels_2019.jpg
Views: 465
Size:  78.6 KB

I am in a division with one stacked team (nothing below gold) but I think I will be giving him some competition. Since the team is predominantly right-handed, I tilted my stadium a little to favor the right-handed hitters. Hopefully, my righty pitching staff will hold down the other team's righties.

The Evansville Batbirds are my other team. I sold all 36 starter cards over a day or two and replaced them with a roster of 40 Cardinals. I netted about 10,000pp by selling the initial cards and so far I have spent 8000pp to acquire my roster. I have no diamonds and three golds (Carpenter, Mikolas, and Carlos Martinez). It will be fun to build this up but I have no real expectations for this team other than the pleasure of playing my favorites. I hope to get some nice historical cards eventually (Gibson, Boyer, McGee) but those will require patience. I think a Musial is out of reach but we have a few months so you never know.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 11:23 AM   #16
AdamD
Minors (Single A)

I was able to win the WS in beta in the first rookie season (bronze) and make playoff runs up until the beta ended. . . . . I think I may not even make it out of bronze this season. Most of the teams are STACKED on day one. : (
AdamD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 11:25 AM   #17
AdamD
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
The Evansville Batbirds are my other team. I sold all 36 starter cards over a day or two and replaced them with a roster of 40 Cardinals. I netted about 10,000pp by selling the initial cards and so far I have spent 8000pp to acquire my roster. I have no diamonds and three golds (Carpenter, Mikolas, and Carlos Martinez). It will be fun to build this up but I have no real expectations for this team other than the pleasure of playing my favorites. I hope to get some nice historical cards eventually (Gibson, Boyer, McGee) but those will require patience. I think a Musial is out of reach but we have a few months so you never know.
So glad you are doing this. I made an Atlanta Braves team with only Braves (Milwaukee and Boston included) and liked it in Beta. I saw another team in my division that was the Chicago Cubs but his roster had 0 Cubbies. . . .
AdamD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 11:29 AM   #18
Maddox
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamD View Post
I was able to win the WS in beta in the first rookie season (bronze) and make playoff runs up until the beta ended. . . . . I think I may not even make it out of bronze this season. Most of the teams are STACKED on day one. : (

The first few weeks/seasons will be brutal for many because of stacked teams. I just hope these players don't give up in frustration, thinking that they will never be able to compete.
Old 12-03-2018, 11:32 AM   #19
Whoofe
All Star Reserve

I have one smallball team with contact hitters and speed, and pitchers with stuff. only one gold player, a few bronzes, mostly silvers

and one power hitting team that has pitchers with high movement. 3 golds, then about half silver and half bronzes

both were slightly above .500 in the entry league.
Whoofe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 11:38 AM   #20
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
The first few weeks/seasons will be brutal for many because of stacked teams. I just hope these players don't give up in frustration, thinking that they will never be able to compete.
I think it is important for the health of the game to keep reminding people that (1) there are fewer of these whale teams than you would think by reading the forums and (2) they will all be promoted quickly. So you probably won't be seeing these teams in the lower levels after a few seasons. I really hope people don't give up on this mode before it has a chance to develop. I think it could be a lot of fun when we get to next year with live cards changing and tournaments for variety.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote