Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 12-11-2018, 12:54 PM   #81
BoofBonser26
Major Leagues

I think that's a problem where because there's not that many Live Perfects compared to the overall perfect pool, and because historic cards are tougher to pull, your Perfect Live card is probably Sale or DeGrom or some such.
BoofBonser26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 01:09 PM   #82
rtkretz
Minors (Double A)

Your explanation makes as much sense as anything I could come up with, still a little disconcerting though.
rtkretz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 02:23 PM   #83
Cyntric
Bat Boy

I wonder if the player you get at gold level and above purposely has a higher chance to be a duplicate of what you already have. It would keep the AH stocked...

I have no proof of this, but when I keep getting Bryce Harper after Bryce Harper....makes me suspicious. It’s happened to me with more that a few of the live gold card players.
Cyntric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 03:12 PM   #84
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyntric View Post
I wonder if the player you get at gold level and above purposely has a higher chance to be a duplicate of what you already have. It would keep the AH stocked...

I have no proof of this, but when I keep getting Bryce Harper after Bryce Harper....makes me suspicious. It’s happened to me with more that a few of the live gold card players.
This happens because there are too many 2018 Live cards in general relative to the other sets.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 03:07 AM   #85
SayHey1
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrog2000 View Post
According to my personal calculations, the odds are 0.

Me too.
SayHey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 03:46 AM   #86
Izz
Hall Of Famer

Hell, I haven't even seen a diamond yet...

A brief history of the Australia-New Zealand Baseball League (AUNZBL 2019-2119)--A Dynasty Report
The National Penterham Four-Bases Association--A Dynasty Report
Izz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 08:23 AM   #87
Whoofe
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izz View Post
Hell, I haven't even seen a diamond yet...
I did once for a brief time in the beta....
Whoofe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 09:44 AM   #88
Bunktown Ballers
All Star Starter

Infractions: 0/1 (2)
Perfect Cards

Quote:
Originally Posted by vyshka View Post
I have at least 2 teams in my entry pool with multiple perfects on the active roster.

1 team in my league has 7 Perfect & 12 Diamands (90+ ratings) at last count 2 days ago. Not fun at all....It also seems like cards are in AH for reason. Why so many of the same? Over & Over. I have bought a few & not 1 has been really useful to me as a good card. A .320 hitter for the year of the card becomes a .220 hitter. I'm finding pitching dominants batter cards big time. I have a very nice team myself. I got shutout on 2 to 5 hits 4 out of 6 games 1 week with the other 2 games I scores 1 and 2 runs respectively......and my roster is pretty loaded....I'm still like 3-4 games over .500 but that's by wining 2-0, 2-1 3-2 type games. And 6 run innings are the thing when I do score. I'm gonna finish this week out and see how it goes before making a decision if I keep playing. RATINGS mean ZERO....Regular OOTP is much closer to accuracy....

BB
Louisiana Crawdads

I was hyped on this game early, but not so much anymore. Just no flow off being close to baseball mostly the reason. I hope it gets better...I love the possibilities the game has.BTW. I'll never buy packs again. I'lll buy Perfect Points & just shop in AH. Anything under a Gold card is useless in leagues

Last edited by Bunktown Ballers; 12-14-2018 at 09:50 AM.
Bunktown Ballers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 10:09 AM   #89
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunktown Ballers View Post
RATINGS mean ZERO....Regular OOTP is much closer to accuracy.
This statement is flat out wrong. The engine is identical, it all depends on what competition players face and the sample size. But this horse has been beaten to death multiple times already....
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 10:23 AM   #90
slic1149
Major Leagues

Getting the cards to put together a winning team is, in fact, luck. Putting together a winning team with the cards you pull is where the skill comes in. One way or another I am having a lot of fun playing the game. By the way I have spent $10 on packs so far. Won my division the first season, and I am not doing at all well for the second season.
Old 12-14-2018, 11:26 AM   #91
<Pion>
All Star Starter

Quote:
Anything under a Gold card is useless in leagues
There are silver players that are better than gold and you can also find silver players that are better than diamonds. Far from useless. You can't just buy a player because of their OVR or because they are a gold and assume they will be good/great. That's just not the case. Research players prior to purchasing to see how they've performed for others.
<Pion> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 11:37 AM   #92
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by <Pion> View Post
There are silver players that are better than gold and you can also find silver players that are better than diamonds. Far from useless. You can't just buy a player because of their OVR or because they are a gold and assume they will be good/great. That's just not the case. Research players prior to purchasing to see how they've performed for others.
Never mind that some players may fit better in a lineup than others. If you have all lefties in your lineup, give me a 75 right handed hitter instead of an 85 lefty just to break things up. Or maybe you need speed, or defense, or OBP, or power, to balance things out.

Yeah, it's annoying to see my Barry Larkin hitting .195. And one thing I might disagree with Markus on is that regular OOTP is probably closer to accuracy. But that's more because a regular MLB league doesn't have the SS around the league as Larkin, Jeter, Wagner, A-Rod, Seager, Machado, etc... So yeah, your Jeter card is probably not going to do as well as he did in real life, but he's still going to do a lot better than a Renteria will.
Matt Arnold is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 11:45 AM   #93
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

I personally believe that individual attribute ratings matter more for the success of an individual player than their overall rating. I also believe that some attributes matter far more than others.

Has this been the experience for others?
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 12:01 PM   #94
<Pion>
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
Yeah, it's annoying to see my Barry Larkin hitting .195. And one thing I might disagree with Markus on is that regular OOTP is probably closer to accuracy. But that's more because a regular MLB league doesn't have the SS around the league as Larkin, Jeter, Wagner, A-Rod, Seager, Machado, etc... So yeah, your Jeter card is probably not going to do as well as he did in real life, but he's still going to do a lot better than a Renteria will.
Exactly. Anytime the overall quality of the competition is higher, the stats will go down accordingly. I imagine the highest leagues once they are filled with team that have primarily diamonds and perfects will see some interesting stats (diamonds such as Kris Bryant that can't break the Mendoza line possibly or a pitchers like Aaron Nola with ERAs over 6)
<Pion> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 02:56 PM   #95
Whoofe
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogberry99 View Post
I personally believe that individual attribute ratings matter more for the success of an individual player than their overall rating. I also believe that some attributes matter far more than others.

Has this been the experience for others?

totally agree. I've been playing regular OOTP that way for a few years now. ignore overall ratings, I look at CON, GAP, POW, EYE, K, speed and the 4 defensive ratings rather than overall

i also value some skills more highly than others. that's what you need to figure out what works for you in order to manage, otherwise the AI could do it
Whoofe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 02:02 AM   #96
Maddox
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Anything under a Gold card is useless in leagues
I am leading my Silver league division with a lineup of

3 bronze
3 silver
3 gold

Granted, I got lucky and was placed in the weakest division in my league, but my team is under performing (at least in my opinion).

Last edited by Maddox; 12-15-2018 at 02:04 AM.
Maddox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 06:45 AM   #97
uschi_baerchen
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josquin View Post
I get 2.7%. 0.999 to the 3600th power? Not taking into account the mandatory bronze that sometimes happens with crappy packs.

The probability NOT to draw 1 Perfect Card out of 3600 is indeed 2,7 %, the formula is (exp(3600* ln(999/1000)). The probability NOT to draw 1 Perfect Card out of 3000 is indeed 4,9 %. Maybe the last value is correct since within 600 packs you already used up 600 Cards for bronze / Gold.
uschi_baerchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 06:56 AM   #98
uschi_baerchen
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Regular OOTP is much closer to accuracy....
I do not think so, I tend to Markus opinion. And if you talk about OOTP you also have to consider, that you take the candys from the suckers if you consider how easily you can trade the non human Teams out of their assets. AND: you play against some better human players. I thought I was quite good at it and had to find out that there are some guys out there who might even better than me, unfortunately. BUT: I am not yet through with my wisdom, beware!
Old 12-17-2018, 07:08 AM   #99
uschi_baerchen
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
That, I'm not sure if I'm supposed to say or not Although maybe someone better than me at Math can run the numbers and figure out whether it makes a difference

The algorithm, that you use in order to guarantee the bronze makes a lot of difference, e.g.

1. you draw six Cards, look at them and if at least 1 bronze or better is between them, you turn over otherwise you draw again 6 new Cards until 1 bronze or better is in ==> probability to get NO perfect Card is 2,7 %

2. you draw on bronze Card and five other at random and turn over
==> probability to get NO perfect Card is 4,9 %

The formulas for this are elsewhere in this thread
Old 12-17-2018, 12:03 PM   #100
lboston1
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josquin View Post
Thanks for the statistics lesson. In my own experience, dating back all the way to the beta, I opened over 600 packs without drawing a single perfect. Perhaps you can enlighten me on the odds of that?
600 packs - 6 starting packs = 594,000 PP

594,000 PP = $594 without accounting for bonuses.

I calculate you would have better odds getting that Perfect by buying it on the Auction House!
lboston1 is offline   Reply With Quote