Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 11-03-2018, 02:11 PM   #1
GPBBall
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Perfect Points earning strategies! Post them here!

What are some strategies you use to rack up on PP?
GPBBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 02:29 PM   #2
Maddox
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPBBall View Post
What are some strategies you use to rack up on PP?
Are there strategies?

1. Sell off your uneeded cards either by quick selling or putting them up for auction

2. Hope your team manages an achievement as those are the only way to earn them. .
Maddox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 02:43 PM   #3
el_gringo
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddox View Post
Are there strategies?

1. Sell off your uneeded cards either by quick selling or putting them up for auction

2. Hope your team manages an achievement as those are the only way to earn them. .
Players can sometimes buy underpriced cards to re-sell, and look for other arbitrage opportunities in the AH. Ex: I got the first (I think) Billy Hamilton offered in the AH for a 100PP Buy It Now price. Looking at prices since then, I could probably flip him for more, because people seem willing to pay more than 100PP for him generally. I'm keeping him in my OF, but there will be deals to be had if you can develop a good sense of the market and then keep an eye out for underpriced cards.

You can potentially configure your lineup a little bit to try and get certain achievements (i.e. lots of high-contact hitters to try and consistently get the 4-hit and 5-hit achievements every few games, or loading up on power to focus on the 2-HR and 3-HR games).

When and at what price you sell your cards matters a lot. Will the auction close Saturday evening on the US' east coast, or will it close at 3am on a Wednesday? Will your offering be the only example of that card in the AH, or are there already several others? Do you set the starting bid low and see where it ends up, or do you set the opening bid high and hope you get even just one bid? What is the ideal 'opening bid : Buy It Now' price ratio? Etc. Do you buy packs or try to find flippable underpriced cards in the AH? If Packs, which kind of pack? Do you keep a high-performing player to earn PP over time, or cash them in at the AH to try and get more overall production from the players/packs you buy with the proceeds? There's a lot to think about, just like with any other market economy.

Some F2P people who are on top of all of this will probably eventually appear at first glance to be whales, even though they haven't spent any money.

Last edited by el_gringo; 11-03-2018 at 02:44 PM.
el_gringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 02:48 PM   #4
Maddox
All Star Reserve

As an refugee from MLB: The Show I should have thought about flipping cards.

We'll have to see how well it works out but with a smaller player pool and therefore fewer cards on the market I wonder how reliable it will be here.

But essentially that strategy is still encompassed by my first point.
Old 11-03-2018, 03:06 PM   #5
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

It's fun to think of the strategies. I do think we have a nice balance of achievements, so there's not one way to win. In beta, I've built a team of whales with all power bats, and was really cleaning up in those 4-HR innings as a team and large scores.

But I've also built a team with a bunch of really fast guys, and was getting a bunch of 3 and 4 SB games for players.

Another time I just had a Jose Reyes who hit like .360 for the season, and he just had so many multi-hit games that he alone got me a ton of points.

And then I had one guy strike out 4 guys in an inning, and that one inning gave me more points than the rest of the season combined I think that was Musgrove who did that...
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 04:51 PM   #6
el_gringo
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddox View Post
As an refugee from MLB: The Show I should have thought about flipping cards.

We'll have to see how well it works out but with a smaller player pool and therefore fewer cards on the market I wonder how reliable it will be here.

But essentially that strategy is still encompassed by my first point.
You're right that there are only two real ways right now. I (and others) have actually given Markus and the crew a pretty hard time about only having those two options on several occasions [], and they've indicated there should be more options in the future as PT expands. Also, achievements still to be added in the future could potentially add PP-generation strategies not presently available.

But ya, as a starting point at least, most of the strategy for 'earning' PP will be in the AH. If that can't realistically be done, that may be an issue the dev team will need to deal with.

I think there will be enough arbitrage opportunities though. There will always be a player selling a card cheap on 'buy it now' because they want the PP ASAP to win another auction, or someone who simply doesn't know or care what a card is worth, etc. for the savvy PT 'entrepreneur'

We'll see, but at least for now people seem to be enjoying it pretty well. Time will tell once the initial novelty wears off.
el_gringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 05:13 PM   #7
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Once we get the leagues going, there will be PP awarded for all-stars and awards, plus making the playoffs and winning. Those are still one of the two ways, but it is something that we haven't seen yet.

There will also be tournaments and specialty leagues (all historical for example) in the future, so that will give you the opportunity to field multiple teams with your collection. The more teams out there, the more achievements earned.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 08:38 PM   #8
krownroyal83
All Star Reserve

So PP's can only be earner in this mode, we can't play challenge mode and earn them in that single player game mode would that be correct?
krownroyal83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 09:04 PM   #9
scott1964
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by krownroyal83 View Post
So PP's can only be earner in this mode, we can't play challenge mode and earn them in that single player game mode would that be correct?
That is correct

PETA.....People Eating Tasty Animals.

scott1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 09:10 PM   #10
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by krownroyal83 View Post
Eventually, we will occasionally award card packs for playing in challenge mode, but it won't be a 1:1 correspondence. I think we're still in the process of figuring out exactly how and when to award them.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 02:44 AM   #11
MmmRocks
Minors (Double A)

Infractions: 0/1 (3)
Buy cards cheap at 3am. Sell them at market price between 7-10pm.
MmmRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 04:17 PM   #12
vyshka
Major Leagues

Will people get purchase points if a player gets selected to the All-Star game?
vyshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 04:18 PM   #13
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by vyshka View Post
Will people get purchase points if a player gets selected to the All-Star game?
Yes.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 04:48 PM   #14
vyshka
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Yes.
Maybe Glavine and Baez will get me some points then. Glavine leading the league in wins, and Baez leading in saves.
vyshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 09:05 PM   #15
nickwatic
Minors (Double A)

I've bought cards for a low price and sold them higher for a profit. I bought Matt Duffy for 650 and sold him for 750. Small gains but as someone who won't be spending money I think its something.
nickwatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 09:13 AM   #16
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Talking

Be like the Yankees and Dodgers and just buy your pennants by buying points from store.
Zorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 09:18 AM   #17
Maddox
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
Be like the Yankees and Dodgers and just buy your pennants by buying points from store.

I won't throw that much at it but I may buy some points when they go live. I picked up the game on a steam sale (75% off I think) so I feel I should send some more money towards the game if I enjoy Perfect Team as much as I think I will.
Old 11-09-2018, 10:45 AM   #18
GPBBall
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Bump!

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
GPBBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 11:17 AM   #19
One Post Wonder
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
Eventually, we will occasionally award card packs for playing in challenge mode, but it won't be a 1:1 correspondence. I think we're still in the process of figuring out exactly how and when to award them.
I hope that you're going to be very careful with that, because a properly configured Challenge mode league would be a money printing machine if there are any exploits left open.
One Post Wonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 12:47 AM   #20
XP-Chael
Bat Boy

Here is one way...thank you standard pack!

:d
Attached Images
XP-Chael is offline   Reply With Quote