Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 - General Discussion

Franchise Hockey Manager 4 - General Discussion Talk about the latest FHM, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 10-09-2017, 11:15 PM   #1
canucklehead73
Bat Boy

AI GMs

So here is the scenario... I choose the 2017 Vancouver Canucks and was off to a terrible start, shut out several times, blown out once, and had a couple points. Henrik Sedin had 3 points and Daniel Sedin had 1 Point. Both aged 37 facing UFA status. I traded them for Rick Nash and Kris Kreider from the ranger who were 11-1-1 at the time, Nash had 16 points and Kreider had like 9 goals and 16 points... Now if you were the Rangers GM... would you make this trade? Daniel Sedin, Henrik Sedin, Jordan Subban, 2018 4th round pick for Rick Nash and Kris Kreider I know star ratings wise the sedins were comparable to Nash and Kreider so Subban and the draft pick added the needed value but there needs to be some AI awareness of the teams direction and current effectiveness.
canucklehead73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 04:36 PM   #2
kodoking
Bat Boy

I know what you mean, I traded Phaneuf, Formenton and a 3 round pick for Noah Hanifin. Pretty sure Ron Francis would be chased out of Carolina for that. Now I have no idea how hard it would be to make a crazy in depth trading AI that could analyze its needs properly but I do know that me as a player can hold back on trades like that. The computer doesn't seem to do many trades of that caliber, at least not in my game. Only wierd one is Jeff Carter for Cam Atkison. So I tried to not completely abuse the computer for a better challenge.
kodoking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 05:01 PM   #3
dmacgreg37
Major Leagues

I've never found a game (PC or console) that has mastered the trade logic thing. Some go the other way and are impossible to make any trade where you're not getting destroyed, others are too easy. It's also really subjective what is/isn't a good trade. Just check twitter after any trade and both team's fans will range from "we killed that trade" to "we need to kill our GM". The examples above aren't subjective, but it's a hard thing to master. I'd prefer too easy and use house rules to not exploit it to the alternative where no trades can ever happen without me getting ripped off (NHL on PS4 for example).
dmacgreg37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 07:48 PM   #4
SirMichaelJordan
Hall Of Famer

Considering line chemistry and tactics are a factor, these type of trades should be hard to pull off in the middle of the season...
SirMichaelJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 10:20 PM   #5
canucklehead73
Bat Boy

Well all things considered there needs to a be a performance factor here... Hey I'm dominating the league, my players are playing outstanding, I'm going to contend for the cup.... Why would I rock the boat at all let alone trade my top two players. That's all I'm getting at.
canucklehead73 is offline   Reply With Quote