Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 17 > OOTP 17 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 17 - General Discussions Everything about the latest Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 11-29-2016, 03:02 PM   #1
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Twilight Zone

Here's one I doubt anyone can explain.

Started a historical league in 1914. Did not import complete history. I quick simmed from 1914 to January 1919. I do this so I can build up a bigger player pool, so when I start, I can use the high injury setting. I simmed to the 1919 preseason, erased all history(entire league) and then scheduled a fantasy draft. I then simmed the 1919 and 1920 seasons. I go to league history to check out the leaderboards. I look at pitcher wins. Babe Adams has 100+ wins(at work can't remember the exact number, but it was over 100). The next closest guy is in the 40s. So I look at Babe Adams and he has stats prior to 1919.

How can this happen? I erased all history. I don't have retire/miss seasons according to history checked....thus the huge player pool. Just bizarre.
David Watts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 05:36 PM   #2
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Adams did miss the 1917 season in real life, but why should that matter? I'm not using retire/miss seasons according to history. Plus, I erased all history prior to the 1919 season. Everyone should start 1919 with zeroes across the board.
Old 11-29-2016, 07:43 PM   #3
TGH-Adfabre
Hall Of Famer

Is his nickname "Radar Love" or "Golden Earing"?

Last edited by TGH-Adfabre; 11-29-2016 at 07:45 PM.
TGH-Adfabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 10:04 PM   #4
Barkingturtle
Minors (Single A)

I saw this issue reported months ago and the poster was told then by Markus that it was working as intended, even though it's quite obviously broken. I mean, what's the point of allowing users to begin leagues without importing the complete history if bits of that history will be thrust into the game-world no matter what the user decides? It's illogical, but it's evidently working as intended so I assume the intention was to ensure I played zero historical saves this year.
Barkingturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 06:20 AM   #5
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingturtle View Post
I saw this issue reported months ago and the poster was told then by Markus that it was working as intended, even though it's quite obviously broken. I mean, what's the point of allowing users to begin leagues without importing the complete history if bits of that history will be thrust into the game-world no matter what the user decides? It's illogical, but it's evidently working as intended so I assume the intention was to ensure I played zero historical saves this year.
So if it's working as intended, the game was broken every previous version up until this year? So sad. This pretty much ruins historical for me. Ugh! I knew it worked that way when using historical minors, but I was not aware that they broke straight(no historical minors) as well. Think about it, no longer will you be able to create a historical league using fictional teams/locations with real players. This has always been one of my favorite things to do.

Last edited by David Watts; 11-30-2016 at 09:58 AM.
Old 11-30-2016, 02:28 PM   #6
sprague
All Star Starter

Hey david, i have never had this problem.
After I delete the league history, I check the leaderboards to make sure there is no one on one of them, still have stats.
You should just for fun, call up a leauge in any year. Delete the history, then see if anyone still sits on any of the leaderboards, ie still has stats.
let me know
sprague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 02:45 PM   #7
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprague View Post
After I delete the league history, I check the leaderboards to make sure there is no one on one of them, still have stats.
You should just for fun, call up a leauge in any year. Delete the history, then see if anyone still sits on any of the leaderboards, ie still has stats.
let me know
Yeah, I probably should do that. I've done the erase history for so many versions now without any issues, that I didn't actually check. That being said, I did check several teams to make sure all the players were stat free and they were. After the 1920 season, Pete Alexander had 9 total wins. He suffered 2 injury plagued seasons in the 2 years I simmed.
Old 11-30-2016, 05:07 PM   #8
DustinthePOWERHOUSE
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGH-Adfabre View Post
Is his nickname "Radar Love" or "Golden Earing"?
I don't get it?

"It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am"- Ali

Wladimir Klitschko will DESTROY you.
DustinthePOWERHOUSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 05:37 PM   #9
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

Clearly you don't listen to enough 102.5, The Fox, with all your classic rock hits from the '70s and '80s...

SPTT team

Was not a Snag fan...until I saw the fallout once he was gone and realized what a good job he was actually doing. - Ty Cobb
BigRed75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 07:53 PM   #10
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
let me know
Just for giggles I simmed out another season, 1921 and it didn't disappoint. Following the 1921 season Johnny Evers now leads in basically every offensive category. He's never played a game in my OOTP world. I erased all history prior to the 1919 season. Evers suddenly shows up in my league following the 21 season with stats from 1902-1917. Unbelievable.
Old 11-30-2016, 10:42 PM   #11
Barkingturtle
Minors (Single A)

The issue is that even when you create the league without importing prior history, players who miss a season will be re-imported with all their real-life stats intact. Obvious, infuriating bug. Basically makes it impossible to do a replay without starting in 1871 if you want your history to be exclusively the history of the league you're playing and not some Frankenstein real-life/fictional atrocity. Worked fine in previous versions.
Barkingturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 11:35 PM   #12
TGH-Adfabre
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustinthePOWERHOUSE View Post
I don't get it?
Golden Earing was a 2 hit wonder.

Radar Love
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwqMKf7r7Xg

Twilight Zone
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1sf2CzEq0w
Old 12-01-2016, 04:47 AM   #13
sprague
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Watts View Post
Just for giggles I simmed out another season, 1921 and it didn't disappoint. Following the 1921 season Johnny Evers now leads in basically every offensive category. He's never played a game in my OOTP world. I erased all history prior to the 1919 season. Evers suddenly shows up in my league following the 21 season with stats from 1902-1917. Unbelievable.
Now i understand the problem.
Ya that never happened w random debut in 16.
sprague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 05:21 AM   #14
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Well, it is indeed working as intended. When a player has missed seasons, he will get imported into the game when he re-enters the league (if he is not already there yet) with all his career stats up to that point. In previous versions (OOTP 16 or earlier) this did not happen because of a bug.The game does not know if you erased the history / player stats earlier.

For OOTP 18 I can add an option to prevent the import of players re-entering the league.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 07:11 AM   #15
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Now i understand the problem.
Ya that never happened w random debut in 16.
Not random debut league. Straight historical.
Old 12-01-2016, 07:14 AM   #16
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Well, it is indeed working as intended. When a player has missed seasons, he will get imported into the game when he re-enters the league (if he is not already there yet) with all his career stats up to that point. In previous versions (OOTP 16 or earlier) this did not happen because of a bug.The game does not know if you erased the history / player stats earlier.

For OOTP 18 I can add an option to prevent the import of players re-entering the league.

Nevermind. Drove to work and realized the folly of my logic. Please add that option. As things stand now, creating a historical league using fictional locations/team is not doable with 17. Need the ability to start leagues with no real history. I also like having the ability to start in say 1919 with none of the pre 1900 stats or players on my leaderboards. Or in 1947.

Last edited by David Watts; 12-01-2016 at 08:14 AM.
Old 12-01-2016, 08:57 AM   #17
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

I'm guessing I would be considered a Divergent in OOTPland. All these many many many years, version after version I have been enjoying what has been now determined to be a bug.
Old 12-01-2016, 10:02 AM   #18
DustinthePOWERHOUSE
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Golden Earing was a 2 hit wonder.

Radar Love
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwqMKf7r7Xg

Twilight Zone
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1sf2CzEq0w
I know radar love, didn't know twighlight zone...NOW I get it!

"It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am"- Ali

Wladimir Klitschko will DESTROY you.
DustinthePOWERHOUSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 10:55 AM   #19
Dutch Alexander
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Golden Earring was a 2 hit wonder.[/URL]
Maybe in the US. They had a few more hits to be fair to them. Together since 1961 and still performing. Some other of their better known songs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeqkaR1NL70

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8tBX5AMJKk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeMjdk8YQek

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6aQx57KBUY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWKfsT4GaYI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9-2sBo1T5s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKL37G34IH8
Dutch Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 11:06 AM   #20
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

I have a very bad Golden Earring memory. 19 or so years old, driving back to Shields Michigan from Mount Pleasant late at night. Radar Love comes on the radio and I for some unknown reason that may have made sense to a 19 year old at the time smacked the car windshield. Let's just say explaining the cracked windshield to dad, wasn't a whole lot of fun. Ugh!