Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-16-2016, 09:02 AM   #21
brent_dog
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickeyb37 View Post
Maybe they are just playing the game.
And maybe they're not. Why take that risk at all when the occasional post on the General Questions forum would alleviate it altogether?
brent_dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 09:40 AM   #22
BrettC
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
I already posted about the update in another thread as did Spirits I believe. It's pretty crap that we were the ones posting about it. As I said not having a post on a forum for a matter of weeks isn't a big deal. They explained the reasons for the lack of updates its time to accept the reasons and move on not keep regurgitating the same issue. The game was released 28th September 2015. We have had 4 updates plus hotfixes so far. That is far and beyond what most games companies do within 4 months of release so I don't really think we have much to complain about.
And like I said, it's not so much the lack of updates that people are unhappy about, it's the lack of communication that is hurting the community clearly. Although with several game breaking bugs right now, the All Star game one being the biggest, an update would sure be nice. I haven't played the game in weeks for fear of that happening again and ruining my save and haven't got a word from anyone about it despite making a thread like a month ago.

JeffR was great at answering questions and letting people know what was going on, he was posting virtually every single day for the first couple months, and then suddenly stopped and has barely posted anything related to the game, that's a little bizarre isn't it?

All I would like is better communication related to things wrong with the game so people feel like they're being heard, I don't think that's too much to ask and the defensiveness I'm hearing from some makes me a little worried about the future of the game to be honest.
BrettC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 10:05 AM   #23
Mickeyb37
Major Leagues

Not sure what needs spelling out again but here goes. Cole and Jeff who mostly answered the forums moved on to other positions. This has been posted in threads. Replacements have been recently appointed and getting up to speed. Cole and Jeff were like buffers who allowed the devs to develop the game. Adam has already posted explaining his position. The communication has been there just not the type you have wanted. I would rather get some informed posts from Adam when he is ready.

Matt LeClair - Penfold (1975-2015)
Mickeyb37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 10:13 AM   #24
BrettC
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Not sure what needs spelling out again but here goes. Cole and Jeff who mostly answered the forums moved on to other positions. This has been posted in threads. Replacements have been recently appointed and getting up to speed. Cole and Jeff were like buffers who allowed the devs to develop the game. Adam has already posted explaining his position. The communication has been there just not the type you have wanted. I would rather get some informed posts from Adam when he is ready.
Alright fair enough. I misunderstood I was just under the impression that Cole had moved on and Jeff was still around. Hopefully Adam gets up to speed soon and gets people the info they want.

I just want this game to be around for a long time like OOTP, I like playing it and think it can still have a bright future.
BrettC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 10:34 AM   #25
coljesep
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrettC View Post
And like I said, it's not so much the lack of updates that people are unhappy about, it's the lack of communication that is hurting the community clearly. Although with several game breaking bugs right now, the All Star game one being the biggest, an update would sure be nice. I haven't played the game in weeks for fear of that happening again and ruining my save and haven't got a word from anyone about it despite making a thread like a month ago.

JeffR was great at answering questions and letting people know what was going on, he was posting virtually every single day for the first couple months, and then suddenly stopped and has barely posted anything related to the game, that's a little bizarre isn't it?

All I would like is better communication related to things wrong with the game so people feel like they're being heard, I don't think that's too much to ask and the defensiveness I'm hearing from some makes me a little worried about the future of the game to be honest.
Brett- I have run a successful OOTP Baseball league for several years and have considered an FHM 2 league to compliment it but your posts and others in this thread have given me pause. I am new to FHM (as in this week), so I haven't explored the bugs fully yet - but would you suggest I wait before investing my time and 20+ other people's times before starting a league?

I'm just concerned with the term "game breaking bugs" - and don't want to start an online league if the sim is simply not capable of sustaining a successful league.

Would appreciate yours and anybody else's thoughts
coljesep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 10:56 AM   #26
Mickeyb37
Major Leagues

Best person to ask about league play would be BlackIce. A lot of bugs in the online play have been worked on and are being tested in the latest test build. So maybe wait and see how that goes or drop BlackIce a PM. FHM2 is a good game but like early versions of OOTPB still in its infancy so there are issues that need fixing/worked on.

Old 01-16-2016, 11:00 AM   #27
Mickeyb37
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrettC View Post
Alright fair enough. I misunderstood I was just under the impression that Cole had moved on and Jeff was still around. Hopefully Adam gets up to speed soon and gets people the info they want.

I just want this game to be around for a long time like OOTP, I like playing it and think it can still have a bright future.
Think everyone wants FHM to be a big success. OOTP are great at giving updates/posts when there is something to tell people and when they are ready. It can be frustrating but it's how they work and the updates are worth waiting for. In time FHM will be the premier ice hockey management game.

Old 01-19-2016, 03:39 AM   #28
JeffR
FHM Producer

Just to be clear, I haven't gone anywhere. My main role is, and always has been, developing the game, so at times checking in on the forum regularly has to take a backseat to getting work done behind the scenes. Between my vacation-that-I-needed-a-vacation-to-recover-from, the holiday season, moving my office, and spending most of December and early January sick, things got pretty backed up, so that necessitated some time digging out from the big pile of accumulated work and correspondence. And there were a few new things I needed to deal with that aren't directly related to ongoing work on the game, so that took some time, too.

All of that is finally getting under control now, and the next update will be out very soon, so my presence here should be getting back to normal. It may not be quite as frequent as before - aside from getting the update after this one done, it's close to the time where I'll need to spend a significant amount of time doing planning and design work for next year. So, being in here constantly may not be practical (not to mention conducive to maintaining my sanity - I literally worked every single day from early April through early December, which in retrospect wasn't the greatest idea.) The flow of communication will be better, though, and Adam will be a frequent presence even when I'm not here, and knows he can reach me whenever he needs to.

Last edited by JeffR; 01-19-2016 at 04:24 AM.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 08:21 PM   #29
G-Nuke
Minors (Double A)

Jeff, I don't think anyone expects you to be Omni-present on the boards... the timing just sucked with you disappearing around the same time Cole moved on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
It may not be quite as frequent as before - aside from getting the update after this one done, it's close to the time where I'll need to spend a significant amount of time doing planning and design work for next year.

Can we infer that update #6 will be the last? Or are we just likely to see a slowing of updates...

Last edited by G-Nuke; 01-19-2016 at 08:23 PM.
G-Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 08:55 PM   #30
Mickeyb37
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
Just to be clear, I haven't gone anywhere.
Yeah that was my mistake. It was Brad that Cole had said had moved on as well.Got my OOTP folk mixed up.