Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - General Discussions

OOTP 16 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2015 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 09-07-2015, 02:05 AM   #1
aderosa32
Minors (Single A)

We Almost Did It

It only took 10 years. For 10 years I did not vote for him. Not because I feel I had the power to prevent his induction, but because it was starting to get fun. The same year Slammin Sammy was dropped, Barry Bonds is a Hall of Famer.

aderosa32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 02:23 AM   #2
boogeyboard1
All Star Starter

Same thing has happened in all of my games too
boogeyboard1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 01:25 PM   #3
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

I don't play real MLB so I don't know about this. I would think the game does not know about steroids cheating, so I would assume that it would vote the likes of Bonds and Sosa into the HoF on their first-year ballot.

Yet, you show Sosa as dropped and Bonds barely getting in the back door. You talk as though you are following the default HoF feature as being only one of "many" voters, not the sole decider.

So, does this mean that the game (and those "other" voters) are aware of the scandal? How is that accomplished? I am guessing that they were assigned "unpopular" ratings by the MLB game designers?

Interesting. I'd like to hear more about this.

- Bru

Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 01:28 PM   #4
r0nster
Hall Of Famer

I am glad in my solo it never voted Bonds in. His best year was 2033 at 21% of the vote
r0nster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 01:36 PM   #5
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0nster View Post
I am glad in my solo it never voted Bonds in. His best year was 2033 at 21% of the vote
Yes, but why?? If the game new nothing but stats, of course he gets in, immediately. Why does the game hesitate to induct Bonds in simulation?

My money is on the negative popularity. What's it called, "Disliked," when somebody is suspended for drugs in the game? If the MLB modders assigned that rating to these villains, that could do the trick. I believe I recall that HoF voting results are partly based on popularity, come to think of it.

- Bru

Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 01:52 PM   #6
r0nster
Hall Of Famer

truth be told I had actually thought it did include the steroids thing thus making it hard to induct Bonds and others who were tied to drug related issues guilty or not.
r0nster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 02:29 PM   #7
aderosa32
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Déjà Bru View Post
Yes, but why?? If the game new nothing but stats, of course he gets in, immediately. Why does the game hesitate to induct Bonds in simulation?

My money is on the negative popularity. What's it called, "Disliked," when somebody is suspended for drugs in the game? If the MLB modders assigned that rating to these villains, that could do the trick. I believe I recall that HoF voting results are partly based on popularity, come to think of it.
I honestly do not know. My setup is so that my vote is one of many. And what's crazy is how many of the known/rumored steroid users struggle in the HOF voting. Bonds, Clemens, and ManRam are the only ones to make it in so far.

My guess has to be something with the personality or my lack of voting for them. Either way, its fun to watch.
aderosa32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 02:49 PM   #8
boogeyboard1
All Star Starter

I always thought it was based on the percentage of votes they'd gotten in past ballots, and it exponentially increased. Guys who haven't been on the ballet before but are guilty of steroid use, like Manny Ramirez, got in on their first try.
boogeyboard1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 01:26 PM   #9
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

If only this were real life and voters would get their heads out of their asses and vote him (and Rocket) in.

````````````````````````````````````````

rpriske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 01:27 PM   #10
Questdog
Hall Of Famer

Location: In a dark, damp cave where I'm training slugs to run the bases......
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpriske View Post
If only this were real life and voters would get their heads out of their asses and vote him (and Rocket) in.
I think you mean "in" instead of "out"......then your comment would make more sense......
Questdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 01:23 PM   #11
BradC
All Star Starter

The game is only aware of historical voting trends. Then a secret sauce kicks in and determines how those trends play out, with the idea that if a player didn't get many votes in the past, there must be a bias against him, so maybe he will continue that downward trend and be dropped, or maybe he will rebound and finally get in, the same way some players have taken many years to finally get in in real life.

I talked to Matt about that once, and that's the gist of what he told me. Specifics, however, are proprietary secrets, so OOTP Dev won't divulge those. Same with a lot of other things in the game.
BradC is offline   Reply With Quote