Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 16 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2015 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 03-23-2015, 09:55 PM   #1
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Just Curious as to How Historical Players Are Imported in Random Debut?

I ask because I've noticed in the stats folder, master.csv file that Hank Aaron and every single player that debuted in 2014 share the exact same lahman ID# ("1" to be precise [in the first column from the left]). That can't be good, if the game is using these lahman ID#'s to import the players, and sure enough once I launched my first random debut, there were no players who debuted in 2014 in the free agent pool. No Hank Aaron either. I'll try a few more launches and see what happens, but I would think this would cause some confusion no? Or am I the one that's confused?
actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 10:52 PM   #2
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Three tests so far. Still no players that debuted in 2014 and no Hank Aaron. I want to be wrong about this...really I do. But I don't think I am.
Old 03-23-2015, 10:56 PM   #3
doubles
Major Leagues

I have run a league from 1901 that is currently in 1979 and I have seen both Aaron and players who debuted in 2014.
doubles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 11:01 PM   #4
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Here's an example from a random debut league:
Attached Images
pstrickert is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 11:17 PM   #5
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pstrickert View Post
Here's an example from a random debut league:
When I'm talking about guys that debuted in 2014, I'm talking about IRL. Guys like Jose Abreu, Jacob deGrom, Anthony DeSclafani etc etc. Buddy Carlyle debuted in 1999.
Old 03-23-2015, 11:19 PM   #6
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubles View Post
I have run a league from 1901 that is currently in 1979 and I have seen both Aaron and players who debuted in 2014.
I'll have to run one of these leagues to the first draft and see what I get, but I think that master.csv weirdness that I mentioned in the OP is preventing these players from starting in the league in year #1.
Old 03-23-2015, 11:29 PM   #7
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionjackson View Post
When I'm talking about guys that debuted in 2014, I'm talking about IRL. Guys like Jose Abreu, Jacob deGrom, Anthony DeSclafani etc etc. Buddy Carlyle debuted in 1999.
Hmm. You're right. I wonder why his real life stats do not include those earlier seasons.
pstrickert is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 12:26 AM   #8
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Interestingly, when I get to the first amateur draft in November, the 2014 guys start appearing, but they're definitely not there for the inaugural draft when my game starts up. I think it is because of the strangeness with the master.csv file. I doubt it's an easy fix for this year (but maybe it is), but perhaps it could be looked at for OOTP17. Hank Aaron is lahman ID#1, but the others should run from 19644 through 19877 inclusively. That would give them unique ID numbers and probably solve the problem of them not showing up for the inaugural draft. Just food for thought. Should I file a bug report, or does the fact that they eventually show up render this null and void?

Last edited by actionjackson; 03-24-2015 at 12:28 AM.
Old 03-24-2015, 05:45 AM   #9
MarkInCincy
All Star Reserve

Open the master.csv in Excel, OO or a text editor and change the lahman id's and save as a csv, then do some more testing

as always make a backup first, fWIW since I monkey around a fair amount with the csv's and txt files in the stats and database folders I always make a copy of each after I install/patch to stats_orig and database_orig folders
Old 03-24-2015, 11:49 AM   #10
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkInCincy View Post
Open the master.csv in Excel, OO or a text editor and change the lahman id's and save as a csv, then do some more testing

as always make a backup first, fWIW since I monkey around a fair amount with the csv's and txt files in the stats and database folders I always make a copy of each after I install/patch to stats_orig and database_orig folders
Won't the historicaldatabase.odb overwrite any changes I make? The only solution once you've done that is to get rid of the historicaldatabase.odb and once you've done that, the game is quite slow to load. Sometimes it doesn't load at all. I used to tinker a lot too, but I stopped some time ago because it got so slooow.
Old 03-24-2015, 12:19 PM   #11
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

The column (#1) in the master.csv you are referring to is no longer included in the latest version of the Lahman database and has never been used by OOTP for anything AFAIK. The tree you are barking up may be the wrong one. No squirrels.

" Won't the historicaldatabase.odb overwrite any changes I make?" Yes it will. Well not overwrite exactly, more like ignore.
Old 03-24-2015, 05:18 PM   #12
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Ok, I've figured out how I'm gonna work around this. I'm gonna use a random number generator to import 7 of the 235 players affected, and then I'll use it again to delete 7 rookies from the game in order to keep the number of players in the league the same. I've got my seven players, now how do I import players again? (It's been awhile - I'm kinda rusty )
Old 03-24-2015, 06:44 PM   #13
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Ok, figured out how to import players. Question for other random debut historical OOTPers out there: If I delete a player before the inaugural draft, will he show up in a future amateur draft? Thanks in advance.
Old 03-24-2015, 06:55 PM   #14
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

No. Once a player appears he is removed from further consideration. This is to prevent duplicates.
Old 03-24-2015, 08:28 PM   #15
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

I guess I'll skip the deleting the 7 rookies thing then. Thanks for the quick response.
Old 03-24-2015, 09:15 PM   #16
Mgomz
Minors (Double A)

Random Debut doesn't work psst 2014 and for 2014 if use a Historical League and Feed it's people into 2014 Drafts only first year people are real and years after real people show up but ones that Teams signed as a Free-Agent or aquired in a Trade no way like in Fast Break Basketball because Random Debut works past 2014 and don't need a Feeder League.
Now if a College/High School Feeder League could use Random Debut.
Mgomz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 05:31 AM   #17
MarkInCincy
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionjackson View Post
Ok, figured out how to import players. Question for other random debut historical OOTPers out there: If I delete a player before the inaugural draft, will he show up in a future amateur draft? Thanks in advance.
In my previous testing in 15 when a player was deleted before thr inaugural draft was started they did show up in later years. I did not test to see if they all did but of the 75 (approximately) deleted 10-12 showed up again before 1930 ish. Been a while, I think I did it in 15 but it might have been 14. Just tested one time so YMMV
Old 03-27-2015, 09:26 AM   #18
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkInCincy View Post
In my previous testing in 15 when a player was deleted before thr inaugural draft was started they did show up in later years. I did not test to see if they all did but of the 75 (approximately) deleted 10-12 showed up again before 1930 ish. Been a while, I think I did it in 15 but it might have been 14. Just tested one time so YMMV
Have you tested it for OOTP16? I realize it's very early in the game, so to speak, but I noticed that none of my seven players (yes it's only seven, but you had 10-12 out of 75, so maybe one should've shown up by now) have shown up despite three 40 round drafts * 24 teams = 2880 players since the inaugural draft. I probably need to test more, as it could just be random chance that none of the seven have shown up in the 2880. After all, around 18,500 players have played this game in its 144 year history. I'll keep plugging away and see what happens. I would be further along if my internet service hadn't needed trouble shooting for the last two days. Fixed now though, thanks to the godsend that is System Restore.

Last edited by actionjackson; 03-27-2015 at 09:35 AM.