Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 16 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2015 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 01-30-2015, 09:28 PM   #1
abbayarra
Bat Boy

requirement

Hello,
If I purchase this game through the website will a steam account be required? Steam and I do not get along so if it is required I will not be able to get it.
abbayarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 09:31 PM   #2
yoyoma
Minors (Double A)

No you won't need a steam account if you purchase through OOTP website
yoyoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 09:32 PM   #3
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbayarra View Post
Hello,
If I purchase this game through the website will a steam account be required? Steam and I do not get along so if it is required I will not be able to get it.
No. It's not required.
David Watts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 10:03 PM   #4
abbayarra
Bat Boy

Thank you

I appreciate your input.
I have ootp 11 and was never able to get into it. I am hoping that 16 will be a big improvement.
Old 01-31-2015, 05:03 AM   #5
BusterKing
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I appreciate your input.
I have ootp 11 and was never able to get into it. I am hoping that 16 will be a big improvement.
How were you playing the game? There are several ways of playing it. Different way of simming or playing out your games (pbp) or a mix of both. Some of us hope that one day we will have some type of on field player animations to add to the realism.

For example, I like to pbp one pitch mode each of my games until I no longer have a chance to make the playoffs, then I sim my games one day at a time. Of course there are multitude of game settings that you can adjust to your liking. I also like to have pictures of the real baseball stadiums along with displaying the pictures of the players on the field using the facegen feature. I recently started a new fictional Canadian Baseball League (CBL using this downloadable league: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...ed-ootp15.html) which I am really enjoying since I always played with the real MLB setup in the past).

Maybe discussing what type of playing style appeals to you, others may be able to help you with some ideas to give you a better experience to increase your fun factor. If you like baseball and are ok with a text simulator, OOTP is the cream of the crop.

Last edited by BusterKing; 01-31-2015 at 05:08 AM.
BusterKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 10:14 AM   #6
abbayarra
Bat Boy

Fun

Hello and good morning all,
I liked to play as a manager who breaks his way in first through the minor leagues and then into the majors. I found that the minor league experience was not well thought through. It can only be done if you like changing your entire lineup every day as in ootp 11 the ai would shift players between teams every single day. Their favorite ploy would to bring up or down half your team, and then the next day do it again with the same players. It made for a frustrating experience.
I would usually sims out completely the very first game of the season. Then I would go to 1 pitch for the next. I would finally settle on watching the first 5 games of each month. I would adjust my roster and organization once a month.

I also found that I could easily take advantage of the AI when it came to trading. I had to set house rules. That kind of makes the game less fun to me.

The games themselves and setting up the teams were very fun to me.

Has the bug with animation and description been finally quashed? The one where it would show the ball hit to one side of, tell you the ball was hit to the other side, and then say a fielder from the opposite side catches the ball?
The other issue for me was that unless a team moved or was new the stadium never updated. It took me out of immersion if every 10 years I had to go and update stadiums. Starting in 1900 a team that stayed in the same place would have the same stadium in 1980 with no changes.

Last edited by abbayarra; 01-31-2015 at 10:18 AM.
Old 01-31-2015, 10:26 AM   #7
BusterKing
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Has the bug with animation and description been finally quashed? The one where it would show the ball hit to one side of, tell you the ball was hit to the other side, and then say a fielder from the opposite side catches the ball?
In about 200 PBP games with OOTP15 I saw that bug only 2 times.

It says it's a foul on the left side and the ball is caught by the first baseman. Markus said they just can't fix that bug. But if you look at the game log, the fly ball is actually hit to the right and properly caught by the first baseman.

Others will need to answer your other concerns since I don't play that way.
BusterKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 11:02 PM   #8
Mortimer
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Hello and good morning all,
I liked to play as a manager who breaks his way in first through the minor leagues and then into the majors. I found that the minor league experience was not well thought through. It can only be done if you like changing your entire lineup every day as in ootp 11 the ai would shift players between teams every single day. Their favorite ploy would to bring up or down half your team, and then the next day do it again with the same players. It made for a frustrating experience.
I play this style quite often, and will say ootp 15 seemed much better about not adjusting the line ups quite so often, but you will still lose players and get them back in a week or 2. It's not perfect but it is definitely moving the right direction.

Also ootp16 will have a manager only mode, coaching contracts and a salary. These really give a new spin and more depth to minor league start and working your way up. Maybe you won't get promoted out of your league to the next level, but you get a nice contract extension with lots more money.

There are also new owner goals, long term and short term so it will no longer be just "play .500 baseball" or something. I am not sure if these will be more gm specific or have some coaching ones, but I think they could go far with these.
Mortimer is offline   Reply With Quote