Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support Do you have a copy of OOTP Baseball 2006? Are you in need of help and assistance in running the game or do you have errors that you need help in resolving? This is your place!

Old 03-03-2009, 09:59 PM   #1
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Ootp2 ! vtcpak24.dll missing

Oldie but a Goodie,

You Guys have helped me out before.... My Norton's first told me something was up... "vtcpak24.dll not found"... And when I try starting it "Ootp2win.exe cannot access vtcpak24.dll...."
"....missing re install the application may fix"

I tried looking for that file??? I have a backup copy folder....where is this one-line of text?
Or must I replace the game with the copy? Will that work? (It's an old game but the best one)

Thanks
1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 10:29 PM   #2
kq76
Global Moderator

Googling came up with this thread where Henry ended up sending his files to Markus. Before you do that, however, you should try re-installing the game as that should probably put the file back.

Someone who has an old version of the game might also be able to just send you that file. I seem to remember it in the last generation of versions of the game (4,5,6) and my guess is it's probably the same version as you need. Not that it probably matters any, but something tells me that was an elicense file.
kq76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 11:41 PM   #3
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanks.....looking it up now.
I have versions 5...and 9 as well....so if that ".dll" is in Ootp5....I'll look for it in there. You didn't say to just copy over the game with the 'Back-Up'? Because the ".dll" would still be missing, I presume!
Thanks
Old 03-03-2009, 11:56 PM   #4
kq76
Global Moderator

Well, by a backup I presumed you were talking about the league files only. I'm pretty sure that file was in the installation directory, not the league directory. Then again, I only go so far back as OOTP4 so I have no idea if OOTP2 used a diff't directory structure. You could try copying your backup (maybe you backed up everything, not just the lg folder), but I think it's more likely that a reinstall will do the trick.
Old 06-17-2009, 04:24 PM   #5
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I hate to bring this up (after so long a delay) but how would I reinstall an old version like this?

I believe I re-installed the old copy...but...game still doesn't work.

Is my old copy (I saw no vtcpak24.dll in there...looking to simply line-item install...as per my original question) 'copied' unto the ...program?...file? a re-install?

If there is yet one working copy of OOTP2...I'd like to grab it burn it unto a cd-dvd...and stop annoying you all....
But I'm tech-savy-less....(say that 3x fast!)...and missing my 'boys'.... This is the third time re-starting this version!

Thanks, Mark
& ...Thanks Markus H. !
Old 06-17-2009, 08:52 PM   #6
kq76
Global Moderator

Sorry that this isn't much help, but I wonder if OOTP2 is just not able to work on whatever OS you're now using. Are you using the same OS version as you were running it on before?

It looks like this might be the ootp2 download.
Old 06-18-2009, 05:55 PM   #7
Minors (Rookie Ball)

No....that is the something real to download that I wanted....I don't see why my backup failed (because it's a license issue, maybe)...I do know my lic #.....
This should work...
Again, Thanks...I'll save the information...save the whole file (working) to a disk....zeez!

Mark