Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Logos, Graphics, and HTML
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2006, 12:19 PM   #21
Kyros
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layton is my Homeboy
That does make sense. Unfortunately, in order to update the uniforms of actual players, you would need an actual photo of that player that has the face in exactly the right position, edit out the backroung, etc, etc, etc. So unfortunately, I don't think that this will be possible. What the utility will do is leave alone any actual player photos that you already have in an MLB league... but you'll be stuck with that same photo.
Thats just fine. I like facegen faces anyways as I just bought a copy for a reducd price. No SI logo for me to erase in PSP or PSD.
Kyros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 11:33 AM   #22
Deft
All Star Starter

I assume a pre-requisite for this would be to have Photoshop and Facegen?
Deft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 01:25 PM   #23
Layton is my Homeboy
Major Leagues

Progress update....

Things are going pretty well. I'm still working out a couple of issues around reading the CSV dump from the game, but that should iron itself out shortly. I am also making faces for testing purposes and have about 1800 ready to go.

I'm also planning on adding a couple features:
  • Ability add a qualifier (AB or IP) for generated photos, since there are some huge leagues out there and only a finite number of heads. This prevents wasting photos on minor leaguers who you will never actually see in the bigs anyway.
  • Archiving of photos when they get updated so that you can rever to an earlier photo. This way, when a player retires, you can go back to a photo with the uniform of the team he played the best years of his career with, instead of being stuck with whatever the last team he played for was.
Layton is my Homeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 01:28 PM   #24
canadiancreed
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Progress update....

Things are going pretty well. I'm still working out a couple of issues around reading the CSV dump from the game, but that should iron itself out shortly. I am also making faces for testing purposes and have about 1800 ready to go.

I'm also planning on adding a couple features:
  • Ability add a qualifier (AB or IP) for generated photos, since there are some huge leagues out there and only a finite number of heads. This prevents wasting photos on minor leaguers who you will never actually see in the bigs anyway.
  • Archiving of photos when they get updated so that you can rever to an earlier photo. This way, when a player retires, you can go back to a photo with the uniform of the team he played the best years of his career with, instead of being stuck with whatever the last team he played for was.
sounds pretty good. Good luck on this as I know I'll be watching

Jsut curious though hwo come there's an finate amount of heads? (I"m not knowledgeable in this so if it's a silly question, please humour me)

PT22

canadiancreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 04:06 PM   #25
Layton is my Homeboy
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiancreed
Jsut curious though hwo come there's an finate amount of heads? (I"m not knowledgeable in this so if it's a silly question, please humour me)
Good question. The software that I'm making doesn't actually generate the faces (I use FaceGen for that.) All it does is take those faces, slap a uniform and some facial hair and accessories on them, and then move them in the OOTP Photos directory so that they appear in the game. Thus, it is limited to the amount of faces that you "feed" it from facegen. I'm planning on packaging the program with a couple thousand faces to get it off the ground, as well as having an option to "install" more faces at a later date.

Anyway, the reason I put the qualifier feature in is because in my league, I'm simming 40 years in order to give it some history before I actually take charge of a team. 30 teams * full minors * 40 years * 25 players/team = way more faces than I will reasonably be able to create in a short period of time. But, if I give faces only to players that have, say, 200+ IP or 500+ AB, then I can be assured than any historical players that matter have a photo, then generate photos for all current players.
Old 06-04-2006, 04:34 PM   #26
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Thank you, Layton.

If this comes to fruition, it will be a great addition to OOTPB.

I would love to create my own players and uniforms.

Hope the computer-challenged can use it.
Eugene Church is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 05:00 PM   #27
AstrosPhan
Minors (Double A)

Looking forward to this utility! Thanks for your hardwork in advance!! It will no doubt be well received by all.

(Im)Patiently waiting...
AstrosPhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 09:30 PM   #28
Layton is my Homeboy
Major Leagues

UPDATE:

For those of you who saw the preview images I did in the other thread, I've sorted out the issue that was making the uniforms appear spotty (turns out it was an issue related to using a beta-version IDE, which has since been sorted out.)

I was a little stalled because of this issue, but now I am back on track. Still hoping to meet my self-imposed deadline of the end of July.

As well, I've decided to go with Deft's side-facing templates for the pose, so if you want to send me any files to help out, please go to the specs from that template.

There are some things that I am looking for that I would like to package with this first version of the utility:
  • A full MLB uniform set, in the side-facing template
  • An expanded number of accessoriers (bats, gloves, glasses, eye stripes, etc.)
  • Hair and facial hair templates
  • Backgrounds
If you send them in photoshop format, in a 90 X 135 image, correctly spaced to appear in Deft's template, then I can convert it to the specific format the utility needs to work with it. As well, the colour black will be interpreted as transparent, so if you want to include black in something, use rgb(1,1,1) or something like that.

I am going to post some demo photos very soon.

Last edited by Layton is my Homeboy; 06-08-2006 at 09:34 PM.
Old 06-08-2006, 09:52 PM   #29
canadiancreed
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
f you send them in photoshop format, in a 90 X 135 image, correctly spaced to appear in Deft's template, then I can convert it to the specific format the utility needs to work with it.
Is there any way to in the future be able to have it upload images in future versions?

PT22

Old 06-08-2006, 09:58 PM   #30
boilermaker
All Star Starter

I've just noticed that the Canadians are the most productive members of the OOTP community.
boilermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 08:52 AM   #31
Deft
All Star Starter

Quote:
UPDATE:

For those of you who saw the preview images I did in the other thread, I've sorted out the issue that was making the uniforms appear spotty (turns out it was an issue related to using a beta-version IDE, which has since been sorted out.)

I was a little stalled because of this issue, but now I am back on track. Still hoping to meet my self-imposed deadline of the end of July.

As well, I've decided to go with Deft's side-facing templates for the pose, so if you want to send me any files to help out, please go to the specs from that template.

There are some things that I am looking for that I would like to package with this first version of the utility:
  • Backgrounds
If you send them in photoshop format, in a 90 X 135 image, correctly spaced to appear in Deft's template, then I can convert it to the specific format the utility needs to work with it. As well, the colour black will be interpreted as transparent, so if you want to include black in something, use rgb(1,1,1) or something like that.

I am going to post some demo photos very soon.
I' ve got all that stuff and can send it you. PM me your email address.
Deft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 09:13 AM   #32
chredwdew
Minors (Triple A)

Wow! just stumbled upon this. I wish you the best in this hugh undertaking.
chredwdew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 09:25 AM   #33
canadiancreed
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by boilermaker
I've just noticed that the Canadians are the most productive members of the OOTP community.
the takeover has begun. Soon we'll be in control of it all!

PT22

Old 06-09-2006, 10:18 AM   #34
Bobble
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
  • Backgrounds
There's a wealth of stuff here (as I think you probably know):

http://newrepublic.silvergriffin.com/ootptools.html

And you might want to hurry to get it. I haven't seen Alinkens around lately. I wouldn't be surprised if that site got taken down soon.

Bobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 10:27 AM   #35
Bobble
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'll be interested to see how you accomplish this. Since faces are different, a particular player's nose may be higher or lower in the frame. How to target a moustache to "land" in the right spot for a short-nosed guy versus a long-nosed guy is going to be a problem, methinks.

Bobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 11:43 AM   #36
StyxNCa
Hall Of Famer

This sounds terrific. I am REALLY looking forward to it.
StyxNCa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 05:51 PM   #37
Layton is my Homeboy
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobble
I'll be interested to see how you accomplish this. Since faces are different, a particular player's nose may be higher or lower in the frame. How to target a moustache to "land" in the right spot for a short-nosed guy versus a long-nosed guy is going to be a problem, methinks.
This is a problem that I've thought about too.

Here are a couple of options I've considered:
  1. Maintain enough consistency with the photos that it won't be a problem (CON: The faces look too similar to one another)
  2. Forget about facial hair (how many players really have moustaches anyway??) (CON: Not very realistic)
  3. A built-in editor in the utility that lets you move the elements around if you find some in the game that look off (CON: Man that's a lot of work)
Any other suggestions anyone has would be great.
Old 06-09-2006, 06:03 PM   #38
Layton is my Homeboy
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobble
There's a wealth of stuff here (as I think you probably know):

http://newrepublic.silvergriffin.com/ootptools.html

And you might want to hurry to get it. I haven't seen Alinkens around lately. I wouldn't be surprised if that site got taken down soon.
I thought that I had thoroughly sifted through everything on that site until just now when I realized there's already a full MLB set. Thanks for the reminder.
Old 06-09-2006, 06:07 PM   #39
SandMan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I thought that I had thoroughly sifted through everything on that site until just now when I realized there's already a full MLB set. Thanks for the reminder.

I have also created a *** set to use with Japanese players. Plus it is easier with Japanese players, because so few have facial hair in the ***..... I just sent the PSP files to Jazzrack to load on his site. These are in PSP 9.0 format.
SandMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 06:08 PM   #40
Layton is my Homeboy
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by boilermaker
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiancreed
the takeover has begun. Soon we'll be in control of it all!
What we lack in economic clout, military expenditure, and international influence, we more than make up for in our contributions to the OOTP gaming experience.