Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support Do you have a copy of OOTP Baseball 2006? Are you in need of help and assistance in running the game or do you have errors that you need help in resolving? This is your place!

Old 01-03-2005, 06:58 PM   #1
1raiderhater1
Minors (Single A)

Unusual Stats

I have a player who is only 33 he has already shattered the HR record he has more then 900 hr's already twice has he knocked in 225+ rbi's & I have another player who is hitting .415 for his carrer. Hitting inflation is continuing which is a little realistic I suppose. The average ERA in the league is almost 6.00. I have not adjusted any of the modifiers. & I also have pitchers in the FA market that are 5 star pitchers & do not even get a contract offer during FA & I have chances to sign them at 2.0 million for a pitcher that has one 20+ games 3 years in a row.
1raiderhater1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 07:08 PM   #2
Steve Kuffrey
Administrator

Are all of the players of the league unedited? Any league totals or ballparks changed?
Baseball Maelstrom-Montreal Expos-2013 Tourney winner, 2014 WC Team
Sparky's League - Tampa Bay D'Rays
Epicenter Baseball League - Astros 2014
The CBL Rewind - Phillies '95
Steve Kuffrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 07:25 PM   #3
1raiderhater1
Minors (Single A)

No I have done nothing to any of the modifiers including the stadiums & I wish i could say that they cam up in my farm system but they didn't
Old 01-03-2005, 08:12 PM   #4
Steve Kuffrey
Administrator

Not talking about the modifiers, talking about editing the individual player ratings, etc?
Old 01-03-2005, 08:27 PM   #5
Orion292
Bat Boy

Angry Could't agree with you more.

I bought this game because of it's claim to be one of the most statisicly accurate baseball simulation around. The last season I played I had a player that, at the end of the regular season, had a .416 avg. Along with 88 homers and 237 rbi's!! I ask you, is this accurate?? If that weren't bad enough, he didn't even win the MVP award!! Somebody else HAD BETTER STATS THAN HE DID! I not even going to go into what the MVP winner's stats was. There has to be a way to remedy this problem because it makes the a real bore.

Now I depressed/ Please help.
Orion292 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 08:37 PM   #6
Steve Kuffrey
Administrator

First of all there are ALOT of variables that can play into getting skewed stats, you need to tell me as much as you can about your league as I have simmed MANY seasons and NEVER had stats close to that.
Old 01-03-2005, 08:37 PM   #7
Anachronism
All Star Reserve

I don't understand this at all... I've played so many seasons I've lost count and I've never seen numbers like you both proclaim - and this is with guys who are damn close to being perfect in the lineup as well....

There must be something else as a reason for this...
Old 01-03-2005, 08:50 PM   #8
bostonbaseball86
Minors (Double A)

I don't think I've ever seen more then 75 hrs in a season.. and even then I think I played with the ratings..
bostonbaseball86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 09:13 PM   #9
Steve Kuffrey
Administrator

Has to be some setting in league totals or ballparks are that are not right, otherwise everyone would be seeing these kinda numbers and that just simply is not the case.
Old 01-03-2005, 10:27 PM   #10
SandMan
Hall Of Famer

just thought I would check a few things out....

I looked at 220 seasons (out of the 500+ I have played) and found my best all time player had 1044 homers with a high of 73 (in a 180 game season), in a 162 season I have had quite a few players hit 68 but not more. Strange, the player that hit 1044 was the career leader and the second best alltime in this league was 710 homers, so I guess he was just a once in a lifetime hitter (league lasted 82 seasons). I use teflons stadiums or create them myself to keep the homers consistent. I just think that it is strange to see so many homers now unless you are tinkering with the league totals or modifications.

The current leagues that I create I do adjust the player creation modifiers to lower the offensive totals but the changes I make are minor. I do this to make it more difficult to have a lot of guys hitting 50 homers, now only the true elite hitters do, but even without the modifications I have never had a player hit 80+ homers or 220+ rbi.

My suggestions are to just adjust the player creation modifiers if you are getting weird stats, there is a link somewhere on the site with instructions on the modifications required to lower the offensive numbers a bit and to allow a more accurate level of players at the low/high age ranges.....
SandMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 10:33 PM   #11
1raiderhater1
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Kuffrey
Has to be some setting in league totals or ballparks are that are not right, otherwise everyone would be seeing these kinda numbers and that just simply is not the case.
I have not done anything to the parks. They are like they came after i downloaded the game. Whats funny though is he is a NYA lol even in the game they hoard the tallent
Old 01-03-2005, 10:36 PM   #12
1raiderhater1
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Kuffrey
also i would like to point out that pre 2060 i saw one person hit 80+ & 1 person hit over 400. After that point every other year 1 or more hit over 400 & 80+hrs