Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 08-17-2019, 03:54 AM   #1
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Career Stats and Milestones Discussion

This board expends a good amount of energy discussing strategies, packs, value, team-building, whales and not-whales, ways the mode is good or could be better. There's also a weekly thread that I enjoy very much where we can post about our teams' going-ons that week. But, to my knowledge, there's no dedicated bandwidth for gabbing about all-time stats, milestones, and how our players (that never age or retire or get hurt) stack up with respect to each other.

One of my favorite players to keep track of on my own team is 87 Tim Raines. My team is at a point where I could probably replace him with a better option, but I can't bring myself to do it. Raines has been a starting LF/DH on the Frogs ever since "2022" so not quite since the beginning but close. Ever since my team's final season in Gold league. Anyhow, he just surpassed 3000 hits this season (3120 currently). He also topped 1000 SB last season (1082 currently). He'll likely top 2000 runs scored next season (1923 currently). I find it interesting that he's generated about 11K PP in achievements (certainly not among the best out there) because that's roughly the going price for him on the AH.

Does anyone else have favorite players? Is anyone else closely following the "careers" of certain players in PT? Please discuss!

waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 04:32 AM   #2
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by waittilnextyear View Post
This board expends a good amount of energy discussing strategies, packs, value, team-building, whales and not-whales, ways the mode is good or could be better. There's also a weekly thread that I enjoy very much where we can post about our teams' going-ons that week. But, to my knowledge, there's no dedicated bandwidth for gabbing about all-time stats, milestones, and how our players (that never age or retire or get hurt) stack up with respect to each other.

One of my favorite players to keep track of on my own team is 87 Tim Raines. My team is at a point where I could probably replace him with a better option, but I can't bring myself to do it. Raines has been a starting LF/DH on the Frogs ever since "2022" so not quite since the beginning but close. Ever since my team's final season in Gold league. Anyhow, he just surpassed 3000 hits this season (3120 currently). He also topped 1000 SB last season (1082 currently). He'll likely top 2000 runs scored next season (1923 currently). I find it interesting that he's generated about 11K PP in achievements (certainly not among the best out there) because that's roughly the going price for him on the AH.

Does anyone else have favorite players? Is anyone else closely following the "careers" of certain players in PT? Please discuss!
I noticed OOTP gave a PP achievement for franchise's 1500th all-time? win but haven't really been following the careers of any particular players too closely. With no aging & injuries, they could really rack up some high numbers, though, depending on how long WE last.

One Great Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 02:55 PM   #3
bailey
Hall Of Famer

An interesting idea is to check the career tab on the batting stats 1 page. It reflects the player's career not just what he did for your team, but it is interesting to see that Babe Ruth leads my team in K's with twice as many as 2nd place Joe DiMaggio in 2000 fewer plate appearances!

bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 03:01 PM   #4
daves
Hall Of Famer

I’d like to view career post season as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 06:06 PM   #5
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

on my Waffletown team, Freddie Lindstrom... one of two remaining original members of the inaugural team out of Entry league, and the only original starter.

currently at 3035 games played, 3453 hits, 310 home runs, 1712 rbis, 1498 runs scored.

on my O'Fallon squad, Sixto Lezcano... obtained in the team's second year via standard pack... having a career year this season (just needs one home run to tie for the lead in that category this season, which would give him the triple crown as he leads in average and rbis currently.... hoping he can pull that one out)

2553 games played, 2491 hits, 456 home runs, 1539 rbis, 1407 runs scored, 128 ops+
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 06:07 PM   #6
Argonaut
All Star Starter

Here's my Tim Raines. Haven't had him quite as long, but also feel like I can't replace him. This year he's set to finish below 100 OPS+ for the first time, which would be sad. Not walking and homering enough... must have some good pitchers in my division.
Attached Images
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 06:51 PM   #7
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Great Matrix View Post
I noticed OOTP gave a PP achievement for franchise's 1500th all-time? win but haven't really been following the careers of any particular players too closely. With no aging & injuries, they could really rack up some high numbers, though, depending on how long WE last.
Yes, there are certain win milestones. I've noticed both 500 and 1500 thresholds for my team.

I think the racking up of high numbers is exactly what makes keeping track of this so compelling. I mean I could trot a guy out there for 50 seasons of play! Connie Mack type stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl jason View Post
on my Waffletown team, Freddie Lindstrom... one of two remaining original members of the inaugural team out of Entry league, and the only original starter.

currently at 3035 games played, 3453 hits, 310 home runs, 1712 rbis, 1498 runs scored.

on my O'Fallon squad, Sixto Lezcano... obtained in the team's second year via standard pack... having a career year this season (just needs one home run to tie for the lead in that category this season, which would give him the triple crown as he leads in average and rbis currently.... hoping he can pull that one out)

2553 games played, 2491 hits, 456 home runs, 1539 rbis, 1407 runs scored, 128 ops+
Nice. I bet Lindstrom is compiling some pretty good defensive numbers as well. Although 3B defensive stats are a little bit funky per the developers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonaut View Post
Here's my Tim Raines. Haven't had him quite as long, but also feel like I can't replace him. This year he's set to finish below 100 OPS+ for the first time, which would be sad. Not walking and homering enough... must have some good pitchers in my division.
I always like some good Tim Raines stats.

waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 09:04 PM   #8
ubernoob
Minors (Triple A)

One of the first golds I ever got, he's had some up years and some down years but he's mostly been steady for me in relief.

Here's the 89 Eckersley's career so far, he's been with me the entire ride.

Quick summary: 1657 IP, 61-27 with 25 saves, 3.44 ERA in 1203 games. give up 180 home runs, 287 walks and 1906 strikeouts (10.4 K/9)
Attached Images

Last edited by ubernoob; 08-17-2019 at 09:05 PM.
ubernoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 09:37 PM   #9
elutz31
Minors (Double A)

347-59 W/L record with 37 saves. 2.73 ERA in 2192.2 IP with 2433 K.
The results of being the long reliever on an all reliever team.
Attached Images
elutz31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 12:20 AM   #10
<Pion>
All Star Starter

Couple of quick players, I thought Sliding Billy Hamilton would have the best numbers but given that he starts only against RHP and many years was a sub, he had not put up the numbers I expected. But he has managed just under 2600 hits and over 1100 SBs.

The biggest surprise was Wes Parker who joined my Dodger theme team from the very beginning (2019). He has 4078 hits in 3292 games with a .298 batting average.
<Pion> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 12:27 AM   #11
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by waittilnextyear View Post

I think the racking up of high numbers is exactly what makes keeping track of this so compelling. I mean I could trot a guy out there for 50 seasons of play! Connie Mack type stuff.

I always like some good Tim Raines stats.
Yeah, if it goes 3 years (even if there's much more lazy managing going on), if the PT 2 servers keep doing their thing for 3 years, that'd be 156 seasons. Possibility of something you can only see in PT/OOTP. A 150-year injury-free career...an entire franchise history, but sometimes with the same player...

150 x 20 wins = 3000 WINS

150 x 210 hits = 31,500 HITS

Last edited by One Great Matrix; 08-18-2019 at 12:30 AM.
One Great Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 10:04 AM   #12
Charlatan
All Star Starter

My packs-only team got the 82 OVR Suzuki as one of its initial gold cards (the other was.... I think a closer). Suzuki has started in RF or CF every year from day 1. In looking at his stats I notice that he just led the league in hits (in Perfect) this year.

I can't imagine who would ever replace him. I've just stuck him in the outfield and never worried about him.

He just crossed 4500 hits in his career. Not bad I say!
Attached Images
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote