Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 19 - General Discussions Everything about the 2018 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 01-13-2019, 02:02 AM   #1
majesty95
All Star Starter

Why do settings not save?

I set force all teams to be represented in the all-star game, set cash balance at $5M and expanded the playoffs early (in 1992). Every offseason it resets. Is this common or am I screwing something up?
majesty95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 12:14 PM   #2
jdw31158
Minors (Double A)

Do you have league evolution on? I think if you don't turn it off everything goes back to the way it was in the off season. If I'm wrong on that, somebody please correct me.
jdw31158 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 01:16 AM   #3
majesty95
All Star Starter

Evolution as in expand with history? It’s a historical.
Old 01-14-2019, 03:03 AM   #4
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

change the "historical year" value in Stats and AI (or thereabouts... believe left side of that screen)

each year it's importing a historical year if that value predates "current" year of that release.. for '19 that means 2018 an before... so any value 2019+ will work well if you do not want historical stuff imported...

now, if you want some hybrid... you may need to set date for "that" year it changes and let it import, then re-apply your preferences/modifications on top of those settings.

so, you can still move along as history did, but apply your settings occasionally instead of each and every year. major shift occur occassionally in LTM/LTs on stats and AI settings page due to historical import.

heck in 1987/88 you likely saw some whacky bumps to LTM/LTs. so, i guess it's not neccessarily per era... so, depending on your intentions, wishes, you may want to keep importing a historical year and re-doing your settings... or settle on some base that you don't care to change at all.

Last edited by NoOne; 01-14-2019 at 03:05 AM.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 11:10 AM   #5
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by majesty95 View Post
I set force all teams to be represented in the all-star game, set cash balance at $5M and expanded the playoffs early (in 1992). Every offseason it resets. Is this common or am I screwing something up?
You are not screwing anything up. This is exactly how it works. It's a PITA I know, but I can tell you from experience that this will happen every year no matter what you do. It will reset the number of games in the schedule to what they were in the year in question, which is not necessarily what you will want them to be. It will reset some all-star settings. Can't remember which ones, but I know that some are reset. I use custom playoffs too, and that gets reset to the playoff format as it was in the year in question. I've also used a different league format (no divisions ever, no matter the year in question), and that resets to what it was in the historical year in question too. I just accept it and go and reset everything to the way I want it on the first day of the offseason after you've advanced past the posteason (this is when the changes happen).

If your financial settings are re-setting that's why as well. I think you can change the financial settings issue by unchecking the "Import adjusted financial settings after each year" box at Game Settings > League Settings > Historical > Historical Progressing Settings. When you say cash balance, do you mean cash maximum? If so, that's at Game Settings > League Settings > Financials > Team Revenue Settings, so unchecking the box I mentioned above should result in that setting sticking to the way you want it. I'm not 100% sure on this because I manually import the financial settings for the coming year on the first day of the offseason as well. Just remember that if you uncheck the financial settings box, every single setting will theoretically stay frozen. Again, I'm not 100% sure on this because I do the manual import thing.

I uncheck every one of these import settings for the following season because I like to freeze my LTMs (1992) and league strategy settings (1984) to certain years, and keep the same basic run scoring environment and strategies used in my game for the duration of my league because I don't like the deadball era or the rabbit ball/PED era in terms of run scoring. I am running an historical random debut, and I find it easier to compare the players who come in from all eras if I do it that way. It might also be that I'm a control freak and want to play this game my way dammit.

OOTP post re-FG IDs here: https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...postcount=3198

My DB which restores Fed Leaguers here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZoN...B2GCcULxt/view

Instructions for the DB: https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...07&postcount=9

actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 08:39 PM   #6
majesty95
All Star Starter

I get the reset to accurate historcial settings but hasnt forcing every team to be represented been a thing for awhile? I'm pretty sure I remember that being that way in the 80's. I also dont think all-star rosters were at 30 back then. So actually it seems like the defaults the game is importing are inaccurate but also overriding my corrections. I guess I just need to pay attention and check it very offseason. Would be nice if you could import historical settings every year but it would ask you if it was changing something. Not sure if that would be too complicated but it is a pain to remember to check every offseason and redo whatever you changed.
Old 01-18-2019, 10:29 AM   #7
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by majesty95 View Post
I get the reset to accurate historcial settings but hasnt forcing every team to be represented been a thing for awhile? I'm pretty sure I remember that being that way in the 80's. I also dont think all-star rosters were at 30 back then. So actually it seems like the defaults the game is importing are inaccurate but also overriding my corrections. I guess I just need to pay attention and check it very offseason. Would be nice if you could import historical settings every year but it would ask you if it was changing something. Not sure if that would be too complicated but it is a pain to remember to check every offseason and redo whatever you changed.
Yep, it's a pain alright. I just begrudgingly accept it and fix it all on the first day of the offseason.

OOTP post re-FG IDs here: https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...postcount=3198

My DB which restores Fed Leaguers here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZoN...B2GCcULxt/view

Instructions for the DB: https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...07&postcount=9

actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote