Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - General Discussions

OOTP 19 - General Discussions Everything about the 2018 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 03-20-2018, 06:51 PM   #21
AESP_pres
Hall Of Famer

I haven't purchase the new game yet (will in a month or two as usual) but I suppose the minor leagues system is the same than last year? I meant it start in 1914 with the Federal League and the first real minor league appear in 1919 with the Texas League...

BTW I'm really happy we got more or less real 19th century baseball this year... at least it's the real team

The complete set (1871 to 1959)

Just the update (1950 to 1959)

Last edited by AESP_pres; 03-20-2018 at 06:53 PM.
AESP_pres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 07:19 PM   #22
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by AESP_pres View Post
I haven't purchase the new game yet (will in a month or two as usual) but I suppose the minor leagues system is the same than last year? I meant it start in 1914 with the Federal League and the first real minor league appear in 1919 with the Texas League...

BTW I'm really happy we got more or less real 19th century baseball this year... at least it's the real team
No new minor league teams or leagues for the 19th or early 20th century were added to OOTP19.
Old 03-20-2018, 07:40 PM   #23
swampdragon
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritze View Post
It is hoped you can still expand or contract by hand as you always have as well as anything else you have found workarounds for. OOTP 19 is just another step along the way. It is simply more fun to play for the non-exacto gamers. For the exactos it is neither here nor there. I am sure more steps will be taken in the future.
I suppose too many teams is better than too few. I might be able to make an 1876 replay work if I'm careful by just having a real and an imaginary subleague. Presumably the scrubs in the imaginary subleague won't threaten any records. Contracting teams the game wants has given me problems in the past, but presumably I can contract the extra teams I have to create for the 1884 and 1891 American Associations without ill effects. Or I could just play 1901 and enjoy the other improvements in the game out of the box. Decisions, decisions. Good thing it's still the beta period. I'm supposed to be experimenting.

Idea that could work for all the seasons after 1872:

What would happen if I moved all the active teams in the years when there was a single league into the National League and left the placeholders in the American League? Then I would import the as-played schedule into the NL and just not play any games in the AL. I'd disable the playoffs, of course. The Almanac would be screwed up, but that should be the only fallout. That should work for 1873-1881 and for 1892-1900. Surely I can figure something out for 1882-1891. 1883 and 1885-1890 are acccurate out of the box.
“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies." -- C.S. Lewis

Last edited by swampdragon; 03-20-2018 at 10:11 PM.
swampdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 10:42 PM   #24
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

I think that if you follow the exact setup of the NA, NL and AA would work. It's only when creating a game that you need 2 leagues.

Schedules work and rookies go to correct teams. Only problem is that a team that played more than one year will fold if you change its association to a modern team. Doesnt seem to happen with single year teams.
Like changing Middletown will cause Chicago to fold after 1871 and Middletown after 1872 but not be associated with each other. As it was in the real league. But editing Troy will end up with Troy folding and another Troy created in 1872.

As far as transactions You just have to make it match the leagues progression. You don't want to trade the 9th player from a team until that team no longer needs that 9th player. Like when a team folds in a season.
BaseballMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 10:03 AM   #25
Erosa
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritze View Post
It is hoped you can still expand or contract by hand as you always have as well as anything else you have found workarounds for. OOTP 19 is just another step along the way. It is simply more fun to play for the non-exacto gamers. For the exactos it is neither here nor there. I am sure more steps will be taken in the future.
Spritze, is your database 19thcenturyteams.csv from last summer compatible with this version? Those files allowed us to have the
correct teams from 1871 to 1900.
Erosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 01:15 PM   #26
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

It should be. It was used in creating the changes made in OOTP19. The caveat was to only use what would not require a rewrite of the game processes. All you 19th century exactos function as your own rewriters. Hopefully a few more small steps can happen over the next few versions until we have it all.

The 19th century players are too few right now for OOTP to expend a large amount of resources on it. I am always amazed at how much they are willing to do for us even so. This year we got 2-way players and real team names and better season lengths and better schedules and more realistic default options and a host of behind the curtain improvements as well...

My hope is that these changes may entice many more historical gamers to start in 1871 instead of 1901. If they do we may be able to get even more attention.

I would like to thank the development team for all the improvements they have made to 19th century play this year.
Old 03-21-2018, 04:05 PM   #27
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

They did a great job on 19th century play. I may bring up things to improve it but not to be critical of the work done. Its greatly appreciated.
BaseballMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 03:45 PM   #28
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

I have noted that a few players have posted that with the changes we made to the 19th century they now start in 1871 rather than 1901 as they used to and are really enjoying it.

That is what we were hoping for.
Old 03-22-2018, 04:16 PM   #29
ojoe
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballMan View Post
They did a great job on 19th century play. I may bring up things to improve it but not to be critical of the work done. Its greatly appreciated.
Agreed - there are things that could be done to make it just a little bit better, but what we have now is fantastic.
ojoe is offline   Reply With Quote