Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-25-2016, 03:17 PM   #1
handsome
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Trading in build 2.5.39

i have simmed 6 seasons and not once has the a.i. traded or traded for a 1st round pick, and i've only seen 3 trades involving a 2nd round pick...

in the jr. leagues it is a little better with the odd trade involving a 2nd or 3rd pick.
handsome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 05:01 PM   #2
krownroyal83
All Star Reserve

I'm not sure if they done any tweaking in that area in quite some time and they may not be going forward with FHM2. They have really not added too many new things to this game. They have mostly spent 4 months just fixing bugs. I'm all about fixing the bugs of course but i expected that once they fixed the bugs they would begin to make this game better by fixing some of the none bug issues and adding things to the game that we have been suggesting for months. I think there is one more update to this game then i believe they are going to focus on FHM 3.
krownroyal83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 07:02 AM   #3
Mickeyb37
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by krownroyal83 View Post
I'm not sure if they done any tweaking in that area in quite some time and they may not be going forward with FHM2. They have really not added too many new things to this game. They have mostly spent 4 months just fixing bugs. I'm all about fixing the bugs of course but i expected that once they fixed the bugs they would begin to make this game better by fixing some of the none bug issues and adding things to the game that we have been suggesting for months. I think there is one more update to this game then i believe they are going to focus on FHM 3.
I think the complete overhaul of the original version of FHM that happened in FHM2 is a pretty significant move forward. There were plenty of new features added in FHM2 that weren't in the original version. I'm all for them spending the majority of their time fixing bugs as this will give the devs a more solid and stable platform to develop FHM3 from. Plenty of games companies don't spend 4 months fixing bugs in a version of their game before releasing an equally buggy sequel.

Trading does need modified a bit but to answer the original poster there is definitely a lack of trades involving 1st rounds picks in the NHL. In the last two seasons there have been 15+ trades involving 1st Round Draft picks in the NHL that I can think of.

Matt LeClair - Penfold (1975-2015)

Last edited by Mickeyb37; 01-26-2016 at 07:08 AM.
Mickeyb37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 07:18 AM   #4
Mickeyb37
Major Leagues

Draft Notes in Wikipedia for the 2014 and 2015 drafts

1) The Ottawa Senators' first-round pick went to the Anaheim Ducks as the result of a trade on July 5, 2013, that sent Bobby Ryan to Ottawa in exchange for Jakob Silfverberg, Stefan Noesen and this pick.[11]
2) The San Jose Sharks’ first-round pick went to the Chicago Blackhawks as the result of a trade on June 27, 2014 that sent a first-round pick in 2014 (27th overall) and Florida’s third-round pick in 2014 (62nd overall) to San Jose in exchange for the Rangers sixth-round pick in 2014 (179th overall) and this pick.[12]
3) The Anaheim Ducks' first-round pick went to the Vancouver Canucks as the result of a trade on June 27, 2014 that sent Ryan Kesler and a third-round pick in 2015 to Anaheim in exchange for Nick Bonino, Luca Sbisa, a third-round pick in 2014 (85th overall) and this pick.[13]
4) The Chicago Blackhawks’ first-round pick went to the San Jose Sharks as the result of a trade on June 27, 2014 that sent a first-round pick in 2014 (20th overall) and the Rangers sixth-round pick in 2014 (179th overall) to Chicago in exchange for Florida's third-round pick in 2014 (62nd overall) and this pick.[12]
5) The New York Rangers' first-round pick went to the New York Islanders as the result of a trade on June 27, 2014 that sent the Islanders and Montreal's second-round picks both in 2014 (35th and 57th overall) to Tampa Bay in exchange for this pick.[14]
Tampa Bay previously acquired this pick as the result of a trade on March 5, 2014 that sent Martin St. Louis and a conditional second-round pick in 2015 to New York in exchange for Ryan Callahan, a first-round pick in 2015, a conditional seventh-round pick in 2015 and this pick (being conditional at the time of the trade).[15] The condition – Tampa Bay will receive a first-round pick in 2014 if the Rangers advance to the 2014 Eastern Conference Final – was converted on May 13, 2014

1) The Los Angeles Kings' first round pick went to the Boston Bruins as the result of a trade on June 26, 2015 that sent Milan Lucic to Los Angeles in exchange for Martin Jones, Colin Miller and this pick.[11]
2) The Calgary Flames' first-round pick went to the Boston Bruins as the result of a trade on June 26, 2015 that sent Dougie Hamilton to Calgary in exchange for Calgary and Washington's second-round picks in 2015 (45th and 52nd overall) and this pick.[12]
3) The Pittsburgh Penguins' first-round pick went to the New York Islanders as the result of a trade on June 26, 2015 that sent Griffin Reinhart to Edmonton in exchange for a second-round pick in 2015 (33rd overall) and this pick.[13]
Edmonton previously acquired this pick as the result of a trade on January 2, 2015 that sent David Perron to Pittsburgh in exchange for Rob Klinkhammer and this pick.[14]
4) The New York Islanders' first-round pick went to the Ottawa Senators as the result of a trade on June 26, 2015 that sent Robin Lehner and David Legwand to Buffalo in exchange for this pick.[15]
Buffalo previously acquired this pick as the result of a trade on October 27, 2013 that sent Thomas Vanek to New York in exchange for Matt Moulson, a second-round pick in 2015 and this pick (being conditional at the time of the trade).[16] The condition – Buffalo will receive a first-round pick in 2014 or 2015 at New York's choice – was converted on May 22, 2014 when the Islanders elected to keep their 2014 first-round pick.[17]
5) The Nashville Predators' first-round pick went to the Philadelphia Flyers as the result of a trade on June 26, 2015 that sent Tampa Bay’s first-round pick in 2015 (29th overall) and Chicago’s second-round pick in 2015 (61st overall) to Toronto in exchange for this pick.[18]
Toronto previously acquired this pick as the result of a trade on February 15, 2015 that sent Cody Franson and Mike Santorelli to Nashville in exchange for Olli Jokinen, Brendan Leipsic and this pick.[19]
6) The St. Louis Blues' first-round pick went to the Winnipeg Jets as the result of a trade on February 11, 2015 that sent Evander Kane, Zach Bogosian and Jason Kasdorf to Buffalo in exchange for Tyler Myers, Drew Stafford, Joel Armia, Brendan Lemieux and this pick (being conditional at the time of the trade).[20] The condition – Winnipeg will receive the lowest of Buffalo's first-round picks in 2015 – was converted on April 27, 2015 when the Islanders were eliminated from the 2015 Stanley Cup playoffs, ensuring that the Blues' first-round pick would be lower.
Buffalo previously acquired this pick as the result of a trade on February 28, 2014 that sent Ryan Miller, Steve Ott and conditional second and third-round picks in 2014 to St. Louis in exchange for Jaroslav Halak, Chris Stewart, William Carrier, a conditional first-round pick in 2014 and this pick.[21]
7) The New York Rangers' first-round pick went to the New York Islanders as the result of a trade on June 26, 2015 that sent Edmonton’s second-round pick in 2015 (33rd overall) and Florida’s third-round pick in 2015 (72nd overall) to Tampa Bay in exchange for this pick.[18]
Tampa Bay previously acquired this pick as the result of trade on March 5, 2014 that sent Martin St. Louis and a conditional second-round pick in 2015 to New York in exchange for Ryan Callahan, a conditional first-round pick in 2014, a conditional seventh-round pick in 2015 and this pick.[22]
8) The Tampa Bay Lightning's first-round pick went to the Columbus Blue Jackets as the result of a trade on June 26, 2015 that sent Toronto’s second-round pick in 2015 (34th overall) and Philadelphia’s third-round pick in 2015 (68th overall) to Toronto in exchange for this pick.[18]
Toronto previously acquired this pick as the result of a trade on June 26, 2015 that sent Nashville’s first-round pick in 2015 (24th overall) to Philadelphia in exchange for Chicago’s second-round pick in 2015 (61st overall) and this pick.[18]
Philadelphia previously acquired this pick as the result of a trade on March 2, 2015 that sent Braydon Coburn to Tampa Bay in exchange for Radko Gudas, a third-round pick in 2015 and this pick (being conditional at the time of the trade).[23] The condition – Philadelphia will receive the Lightning's first-round draft pick in 2015 if it is not the first overall selection – was converted on March 30, 2015 when Tampa Bay qualified for the 2015 Stanley Cup playoffs ensuring that this pick could not be a lottery selection.[24]
9) The Chicago Blackhawks' first-round pick went the Arizona Coyotes as the result of a trade on February 28, 2015 that sent Antoine Vermette to Chicago in exchange for Klas Dahlbeck and this pick.[25]

Old 01-26-2016, 09:23 AM   #5
Duranium
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickeyb37 View Post

Trading does need modified a bit but to answer the original poster there is definitely a lack of trades involving 1st rounds picks in the NHL. In the last two seasons there have been 15+ trades involving 1st Round Draft picks in the NHL that I can think of.
This is one of the areas where EHM still has the upper hand.
The 'Team Needs' feature there really adds to the immersion of a hockey managing sim and contending teams are more than willing to give away picks for rentals or veterans from rebuilding teams.

"Surrendering to the glory of music
is a good thing."

David Mancuso 1944-2016

Duranium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 01:25 PM   #6
Mickeyb37
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duranium View Post
This is one of the areas where EHM still has the upper hand.
The 'Team Needs' feature there really adds to the immersion of a hockey managing sim and contending teams are more than willing to give away picks for rentals or veterans from rebuilding teams.
Trading is much easier in EHM due to the team needs feature. Makes it far easier to compile a trade that meets your needs and that of the second team and one that will be accepted. The thing is we are talking about tweaking the trading AI in FHM2 it is improving. Trading has come a long way since FHM1. Just please please please please include a Team Needs Report for each team when trading and a Depth Chart in FHM3.

Last edited by Mickeyb37; 01-26-2016 at 01:26 PM.
Old 01-28-2016, 02:34 PM   #7
kohut
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickeyb37 View Post
Trading is much easier in EHM due to the team needs feature. Makes it far easier to compile a trade that meets your needs and that of the second team and one that will be accepted. The thing is we are talking about tweaking the trading AI in FHM2 it is improving. Trading has come a long way since FHM1. Just please please please please include a Team Needs Report for each team when trading and a Depth Chart in FHM3.
To add on to your great comment, this game DESPERATELY needs the option where you can specify what you want in return such as veterans, prospects, draft picks, position C/R/W/LD/RD/G/Forward/Defenseman ALONG WITH the option where teams present offers instantly like in OOTP Baseball. I am not satisfied with this game as a result as the trade feature is so poorly laid out and unrealistic.

I would GLADLY volunteer my time to help work this out, I would GLADLY volunteer to test the game with regards to trades so that FHM 3 is much better.

I will go out on a very strong limb... I probably have the most simulation hockey experience out of everyone playing this game. I was heavily involved in Hockey League Simulator 2 leagues, I helped test the first mod ever made with a fellow Canadian, and I am willing to spend the time to find flaws in the game that allow users to manipulate the computer in trading.

I so often see users here post about how they dealt a 3rd rounder and a scrub for the 1st overall pick in the draft as an example which is ridiculous.

I want to see this game improve.
kohut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 10:54 PM   #8
jslmsca
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by kohut View Post
I will go out on a very strong limb... I probably have the most simulation hockey experience out of everyone playing this game. I was heavily involved in Hockey League Simulator 2 leagues
I'll take that bet! I remember modding HLS2 from Bethesda Softworks. I would create "All-Time" teams for every team at the time for use with Wayne Gretzky Hockey. I had a lot of fun researching and creating the Broad Street Bullies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kohut View Post
I want to see this game improve.
As, I'm hoping, do most of the people on this forum. Many of us had been waiting decades for a solid career hockey sim, until EHM came around. Now I'm hoping OOTP can take the ball and run with it with annual releases of FHM.

Last edited by jslmsca; 01-29-2016 at 10:55 PM.
jslmsca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 11:02 PM   #9
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

From what I have seen, the trading is improved upon with each release of the game - we have even seen tweaks with these updates. Does it need additional work? Of course. Personally I would love to see the value of a 1st round pick rated higher by some teams. And transparent team positional wants/needs and finally some players labeled as untouchable (making them much harder to steal from teams). Though I've seen the latter become more true, it all takes time and prioritization.

Last edited by dave1927p; 01-29-2016 at 11:03 PM.
dave1927p is offline   Reply With Quote